Suggestion For War Rules, To Lib And Jester

Jubaris

• Root Admin

[quote name='Prince Marvolo' date='22 September 2009 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1253641141' post='42351']
Why no spells? Is there a reason for it?
[/quote]

attacklock?

i could just sit there casting spells on everyone...

what lame rules... u fight a war and want the outcome to be only 2 possible cases? and if not just repead it over and over again until one of the 2 desired outcomes gets realised. whats that? i never heard of a war with no suprises ... its not a chess game afterall. we dont got limited figures that move on a limited board. we got several 100players and more than just 3 alliances. and u call it a fair war if u just decide to let 3 alliances take part in ur "game". i would have resigned right away but if u want to first write the tales of a war before it happens fine by me. good that i never joined any side.

and whats with the forbidding spells? who cares if u cant see who casts what? just remove dead players from the battleground and it doesnt matter. (if u are still scared that dead players cast spells put them all in one location and watch the chat.) or should allies not be able to boost their friends? and well attacklock it would be just stupid to cast that...but seriously wtf? u limit the whole thing! be open allow every possible case! the spells even got balanced. we dont have a freeze anymore that freezes 12crits. and it also doesnt stack.
in my opinion spells make the fight even fairer. if some dude with antifreeze tokes and 5 rustys and a gg drachorns fights thats the strongest rit. then just higher stats win. if u allow nomulti then angiens might actually be able to beat drachs.
well anyway enough ranting from me have fun guys

In a war, spells are very useful and should be used. That's why they exist. In the end it is a MagicDuel in which you use tokens on magic creatures. Spells are part of magic, part of our life. It is not a competition like heads, it is a war. In a war you use all your weapons in order to win, it is a matter of life and death.

that's my opinion about spells/magic and wars.

If their was a system of mechanics to play off of it would be easier, but as it is there is not and there is already too much to watch. Because of that it has to be all in one place at one time. Because of THAT spells can't reasonably be allowed since they can be cast from distances. Anyone casting a spell not part of one of the alliances in a real war would be considered as taking sides, and ought to be able to be killed. However, since they are "neutral" and not required to be at that location, and everyone else has to be, there is no way to hunt them down and kill them as would be reasonable in a real war.

Having untouchable people casting spells on your team to help them does seem a little inappropriate.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Udgard' date='23 September 2009 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1253724999' post='42461']
Spells can be farcast? I tried farcasting my spelldoc and that doesn't even work. I wonder if more serious spells can be farcasted..
[/quote]

Spelldoc doesnt but some spells can be farcasted, Not sure generally what but i know the Goe Spell can be

[quote name='Burns' date='23 September 2009 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1253725446' post='42465']
i'm not aware of any spell apart from spell_reward that can NOT be farcasted
[/quote]

ermm all mp6 spells expect heal CAN NOT be farcasted. for the other spells i dont know but i am very sure that all spells that affect or alter the target player can not be farcasted besides send to gazebo and healing spells.

well, i have little 'normal' spells to toy with, but move and attacklocks seem to work pretty well on people far away... XD

uh, edit: when i last tired, that is, i haven't toyed with them in months... only did that to a fleeing Jester once while i was on 6 LOL

Edited by Burns

• 6 months later...