A Night Of Chaos And Entertainment

Assira the Black

I have been asked by many people if I still danced and if they could see me dance. One day during the festival I want to plan a night for me to dance but also for other people to join in. People could perform music, sing songs, read poems, dance, perform plays, and so on. I do not have any idea what sort of dance I will be performing but I will try to relate my dance to the festival. Chaos, pain... I was thinking about even having one or some of my dances involving other people. So please post any thoughts, whether you want to perform, themes, times and locations. Depending on how many people join in we may have to make this a few nights or something like that.

I dance because I like to. Plus it is as Pipstickz says I am a dancer and people have asked me to see me dance. Now I am wanting to share my skills with as many people who will watch and I want to share these experiences and give other people a chance to show their skills.

Redneck drinks may depend on the location or who all attends and who brings the drinks.

Edited by Assira the Black

[quote name='Assira the Black' date='30 September 2009 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1254372408' post='43349']
*narrows her eyes* Thomas, I do not use poles in my dances. Nor do I dance in the way your mind seems to be headed. I belly dance that is about it.
[/quote]

I pole dance. It is an aerobic exercise and helps keep me limber for battling. And before anyone asks, no I do not do private showings. The dance is erotic in nature but so is the Flamingo. I doubt very much Phantasm would allow me to demonstrate for even he has not seen me do so. :)

[quote name='SageWoman' date='01 October 2009 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1254425125' post='43450']
The dance is erotic in nature but so is the Flamingo.
[/quote]
The dance known as the [i]Flamenco[/i] was derived from a style of music long before the dance style, known as [i]El baile flamenco[/i], came about.

Furthermore, the dance is all about extraordinary precision, the quick movements of the feet taking years to perfect. Most dancers of any notable caliber will be into their thirties before they are believed to have developed the understanding and emotional aptitude to present the "duende" (soul) of the dance.

What is considered the most authentic type of this dance is performed during gypsy weddings and celebrations in Spain. A derivative of this style is known as "Flamenco puro." These styles differ from those that have come after in that these are informal and spontaneous and, in the latter style, performed solo, with both styles lending to arms curving around the body versus having them extend from it.

There are group dances that tourists in Europe would classify as "flamenco," but which is simply commercial in nature, choreographed to ensure quality in the entertainment received.

"Classical flamenco" is a style that has movements similar to ballet, which many of the dancers in such troops have also studied, holding the body upright, in tight control, and with little movements from the hips.

Finally, a newer, "sexier" style has developed, "flamenco nuevo," which has most of the men dancing bare-chested and with women wearing little themselves. This style is heavily influenced by others and is, perhaps, the style that Sagewoman is speaking of.

Unless you were referring to the pink bird itself.
I suppose that could be considered erotic to something, if not humans.

I may have been a little closed minded but I will for now stick to belly dancing :P and some other dances that are currently being worked on. It is not my style to do a pole dance but if others wish to do so then I willing to watch and help any way that I feel comfortable doing.

If anyone has any ideas please post :)

No not the pretty birdie. lol They do a lovely yo-yo water chorography (Fantasia II).

I wish players would not go into lecture mode. I know how disciplined the dancers have to be and the facial expressions are awesome as well has how the body is carried. I find that in itself, awesome. The lack of clothing that the new dance has is very hot but not the one I meant.