Unacceptable Pl Entry

Tarquinus

The PL entry in the attached screen-crop is totally unacceptable behavior from a guy who really knows better. This is in-game harassment about something which is, at best, a RL issue related to the game only by the fact that the two people involved both play it.

I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong forum; feel free to move it or do whatever you need to do. I just really, really wanted to call this to the attention of at least one moderator.

This is a perfect example of WHY we have the PL comments visible in the menu now.

"In this way its also possible to spot offending public log entries that according to the recent rule changes are no longer allowed." (Quoted from the Announcements)

I asked the person who wrote this comment to remove it, citing that it was incredibly inappropriate and that it offensive to people, myself included. He refused to remove it, citing reasons of his own.

So, if the person responsible for this entry will not be the one to change it, what do we do?

This person and some of his alts have been banned in the past due to his inappropriate and at times extremely antisocial behavior. I guess we can just be happy he isn't in a position of authority or power anymore and most people have lost all respect for him.

It would be great if he would just leave MD forever if we all ignored him, but unfortunately he is way to petty for that.

Being a personal friend of Mur, I would leave it up to Mur as to what is an acceptable PL. Maybe Mur will delete it.

What I wouldn't expect is any kind of reasonable or courteous response from this player, he has shown many times that he is incapable of treating others with respect.

Cutler

[quote name='Tarquinus' date='11 February 2010 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1265890925' post='54280']
The PL entry in the attached screen-crop is totally unacceptable behavior from a guy who really knows better. This is in-game harassment about something which is, at best, a RL issue related to the game only by the fact that the two people involved both play it.

I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong forum; feel free to move it or do whatever you need to do. I just really, really wanted to call this to the attention of at least one moderator.
[/quote]

*squints* What does it say? I can't read it. XD

[color="#0000FF"]Click the image and it will get bigger.
dst[/color]

Edited by dst

This is not at all acceptable. It is incredibly offensive, this is a total invasion of privacy and more over its over an out of game issue?

Everyone should be able to enjoy the game without these kinds of things occurring within it. Whether it be from people pulling logs of conversations and passing them around or people threatening to pass private pictures about, insulting others in the game via PM or worse, it should not be tolerated.

I remember what this person did at Christmas of last year and his constant attacks against another established member, it was not okay then and it is not okay now.

As to what to do? Well that would be up to the game owner I would think.

Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol

• Root Admin

This kind of event is defenelty regretable, especialy when it comes from some people. Since the issue in cause is to be solved by him, i will do my part and work on a player ignore feature next. In the past incidents i heard about, from different people, i think such a feature will be most helpful. The first step will be a pm ignore option. The next much more agressive could be chat ignore, but its tricky to do it because it could be used as an advantage (invisibility).

I am unable to do this change asap, but you will see it in a few days announced.