Whatdahell?!

Redd

Something very (can't find the right term) just happened to me when I idled at the GGG last night.
I gained 140k exp, and got capped, but only my def crit (an elemental1) got experience, and only halt of the personal exp I gained. I doubt that this happened by accident, since that is an outrageous amount.

I can only conclude that someone don't like what I'm doing, because I do appear as a MP3 stat grinder.
FYI, I'm simply training an agien. That is my dream. Because, as I said before, stat grinding isn't worth it.

Damn, this is so frustrating..

Can something be done in regards to this? I can't name the culprit because my log is flooded with losses.
Any form of help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much...

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='15 February 2010 - 02:24 PM' timestamp='1266215084' post='54504']
Why must you be MP3 to train Angiens?

I believe what they did was a good thing. You have been in MP3 for far to long. Move on dude.
[/quote]

Because I see it as a challenge. You do realize how much harder it is to do compared to other MP levels, right?
And even if the motive can be considered 'good', that doesn't negate the fact that the action is unjust.

Giving huge amounts of xp to a non-dmg rit IS possible, with manipulation of game mechanics :P
But anyway, since your log is full it's probably impossible to find out who did it. The only thing you can do is either move to mp4, or work for a WP.

p.s. I don't see the need to make this so personal, Fenrir :/

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='15 February 2010 - 02:42 PM' timestamp='1266216165' post='54506']
That's a lousy excuse to be a powerhouse MP3.

A real challenge is to become MP5, and a skillful player. Not a stat grinder, or a tokened up moron.
[/quote]

I never mentioned anything about being a 'powerhouse', have I? I don't even know what a max agien does. All I know is that it looks cool. People don't think the same way, as I have my own fetish that keeps me running, and some might not understand that. It's my own version of crit collection or item hoarding. If it was all about power, all of us will grind and RP will be neglected. (And I do think that becoming a good RPer is also a great challenge.)
Who said I never want to bacome a strong MP5? I have my plans, Fenrir.

Edited by Redd

If you want a challenge, try and raise angiens without using SG and GGG, that's a lot more interesting ^^

And i'm pretty sure it's not about hating you, but hating GGG and aging MP3 in general...
You just happened to be idle, not a very smart thing to do unless you don't mind the possible consequences

• Root Admin

Whoever did this is likely a similar temperment to Fenrir and really hates MP3 stat grinders for whatever reason

But the truth is you wont be able to find out who did it, Nor will you be able to remove that exp unless you can get a wp. So just forget it and move on.

As Burns said its not a challenge to sit in GGG farming angien wins, Thats just pointless grinding like you said "stat grinding isn't worth it" Its win grinding same principle, same amount of unworthiness

[quote name='Burns' date='15 February 2010 - 03:36 PM' timestamp='1266219404' post='54511']
If you want a challenge, try and raise angiens without using SG and GGG, that's a lot more interesting ^^

And i'm pretty sure it's not about hating you, but hating GGG and aging MP3 in general...
You just happened to be idle, not a very smart thing to do unless you don't mind the possible consequences
[/quote]

Again, that doesn't prove that the action was reasonable.
Besides, that's the whole point of going idle at GGG. Farming losses is pretty hard in the place, but atleast, safe from unwated exp. Supposedly.

[size="3"][color="#0000FF"]If it was about hating GGG/old MP3s, there should be others who have encountered the same problem..[/color][/size]

[quote]As Burns said its not a challenge to sit in GGG farming angien wins, Thats just pointless grinding like you said "stat grinding isn't worth it" Its win grinding same principle, same amount of unworthiness[/quote]

Who cares about its worth? I say that grinding stats is worthless FOR ME, but I don't say that is should be stopped. Moreover, I don't FORCE people to stop, as this person did to me.People still grind stats, so I can also grind wins. I want to see the result, so I do it. Its all about satisfaction.

The case that "Redd got screwed by someone" is only half the point. [size="3"][color="#0000FF"]The issue of "people being able to manipuilate others by such means" is the one that needs more attention. If this is tolerated, this can lead to abuse. Same concept as using regen rits. After all, these things are 'technically' permitted.[/color][/size]

If my case is hopeless, I can accept that(not now, though), I hope. But I'm still hoping that I can regain what I lost, 'cause it ruins my plans. And it sucks. Bigtime.

Edited by Redd

• Root Admin

Redd, Honestly it just looks like something happened that wasnt according to your plan, so you want special treatment so you can get yourself back on "the plan"

Firstly the exp will not be removed from you By Mur. You will have to accept that just move up a mindpower and forget about it.

Secondarily what are you trying to achieve? If you gained personal exp that means that someone lost against you. And if you really wanted to stick to your plan perhaps you should have been more careful.

The problem i have with this topic is that you have no idea if someone purposely did this or if it was your fault. And this would effect how you should behave massively.

There is nothing you can do or anyone can do to stop something like this, it is perfectly within the rules so i dont see anything wrong with this. You just gained a bit of exp and that wasn't according to your plan. So suddenly you think that they are "out to get you" If you look at all the other MP3 grinders i see none of them complaining so it isn't likely someone targeting everyone...

Plans dont always go to plan, but if you cant take it when one little thing goes wrong, i cant see how you will survive the rest of MD...

[quote name='Chewett' date='15 February 2010 - 09:39 AM' timestamp='1266223152' post='54514']
But the truth is you wont be able to find out who did it, Nor will you be able to remove that exp unless you can get a wp. So just forget it and move on.
[/quote]
He's got ages to try and solve the Broken Pattern Puzzle if he hasn't already.

I don't care much about GGG but I loathe the idea of 'two wrongs make a right'. Unless GGG wants to restrict its services to mp4+, this case deserves the same treatment for prosecution and punishment as all other offenses against GGG receive. Which is probably limited to asking other mp3s that were there at the time if they know who did it, but it never hurts trying. Do mp3s read the forum often nowadays? In theory it isn't a bad place to start your inquiry.

[quote]The problem i have with this topic is that you have no idea if someone purposely did this or if it was your fault. And this would effect how you should behave massively.[/quote]

No, its not my fault. Of that I'm sure.
I'm also pretty sure that this is purposedly done.(My crit got 50% of the PE I gained, and my defense registered 2 wins, so I assume defend, regen, defend. If someone can give another explanation, or how this is possible by accident, I can dismiss this assumption)
What I'm not sure is if someone did this to me alone or to others also.

I know that its improbable that I get my xp reset, I know ways to do that myself. What I'm more interested in finding out who did this, but apparently no one can help with that. No one even seems interested to find out who the person is.

[quote name='Chewett' date='15 February 2010 - 06:07 AM' timestamp='1266232073' post='54523']
Redd, Honestly it just looks like something happened that wasnt according to your plan, so you want special treatment so you can get yourself back on "the plan"

Firstly the exp will not be removed from you By Mur. You will have to accept that just move up a mindpower and forget about it.

Secondarily what are you trying to achieve? If you gained personal exp that means that someone lost against you. And if you really wanted to stick to your plan perhaps you should have been more careful.

The problem i have with this topic is that you have no idea if someone purposely did this or if it was your fault. And this would effect how you should behave massively.

There is nothing you can do or anyone can do to stop something like this, it is perfectly within the rules so i dont see anything wrong with this. You just gained a bit of exp and that wasn't according to your plan. So suddenly you think that they are "out to get you" If you look at all the other MP3 grinders i see none of them complaining so it isn't likely someone targeting everyone...

Plans dont always go to plan, but if you cant take it when one little thing goes wrong, i cant see how you will survive the rest of MD...
[/quote]

I agree completely with Chewy on this. The GGG had been a debate since the MRs officially started it. It was how the MR's grew so powerful beforehand and how many of the players now are so powerful stat wise. As many say STATS are only a small part of the game. The ability to know how to use the stats and your creatures is the bigger part. The MP3 class doesn't use nearly the skill to use your creatures as half of the "background" mechanics are not in effect until MP5.

Like Chewy said plans don't always go as planned, its one thing to stir a debate on the forum about an injustice that is rped, or easily enough fixed. To start such a complain about getting maxed out in XP at MP3 while idle in the GGG is ludicrous. (don't ya love all the shorthand). Move on to MP4 and challenge yourself. It's easy to say you want to stay an MP3 and have creatures that wipe out newbies in a single hit. MP3 is a designed MP class to learn new things, aquire a beginning and move on. Most of us who are older vets were MP3 for perhaps a week. Not several months.....

I was MP3 for a few months...and I still got beaten up lots at MP4. That was about a year and a half ago, when it was actually possible for an MP3 to not know half of everything there is to know by the time he hits the cap. Now, though, there's spoilers everywhere, and there's farmers that show them creatures that your everyday naive MP3 couldn't get until MP4, but they learn about GGG and realize "Hey, I can get as many wins as I want!"

I miss old MD :(

Since you say your def was an elem, I'm going to assume it's the newly-hatched one that weakens. If it was higher targeting dying, then it's your own fault.

If you put some % vit in your def, then maybe it was some angiens plus 1-2 UP's and maybe a healer (it would be spoilery to explain why this would give you xp) ... that could result in a loss for you, btw.

This is a major GGG violation and should be treated so. However, I doubt the perpetrator can be found and identified with certainty.

• Root Admin

[quote name='apophys' date='16 February 2010 - 05:09 AM' timestamp='1266296947' post='54583']
This is a major GGG violation and should be treated so. However, I doubt the perpetrator can be found and identified with certainty.
[/quote]

That is the main problem and the reason i said Redd should just forget it.

Even if you can find someone that also got attacked that day, and has a print screen of the attack, and it was the same style of ritual, you still cant prove it was them because you dont know if they attacked you Redd. The only way to prove it would be to see the log, But since that went there would be no way to prove it.

I'll emphasize that what is annoying is that someone can actually do this.
Doesn't it bother anyone else that an MP3 can give away 70k-ish exp in a non-damage fight? Probably not, because it happened to me. But what if it happened/starts happening to newbies? I bet the issue won't get the same reaction.
Since it appears impossible to trace who did it anymore, this is what I want to know right now. If this thing demands attention or not.

BTW, it appears that I was a scum to train in the GGG, therefore the vigilante who kicked my arse can avoid prosecution. Or it is simply stated out that my fault can actually motivate someone to do this.

[quote]I don't care much about GGG but I loathe the idea of 'two wrongs make a right'. Unless GGG wants to restrict its services to mp4+, this case deserves the same treatment for prosecution and punishment as all other offenses against GGG receive.[/quote]

I don't see anyone opposing this statement, but it is being neg repped. That is not helping anything. at all.

I agree with this statement(but the neg reps confuses me because that means that others see this as wrong and I don't know why). I won't push it in my case, because now there is no way to find the perpetrator. As I said, this isn't only about my case.
I would like to hear insights on this(if the person deserves a punishment being a GGG offense, etc)
But more than that about MP3 in general. It would be better if this can be prevented, though I doubt that.

[quote name='Redd' date='16 February 2010 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1266348033' post='54602']
I'll emphasize that what is annoying is that someone can actually do this.
Doesn't it bother anyone else that an MP3 can give away 70k-ish exp in a non-damage fight? Probably not, because it happened to me. But what if it happened/starts happening to newbies? I bet the issue won't get the same reaction.
Since it appears impossible to trace who did it anymore, this is what I want to know right now. If this thing demands attention or not.

BTW, it appears that I was a scum to train in the GGG, therefore the vigilante who kicked my arse can avoid prosecution. Or it is simply stated out that my fault can actually motivate someone to do this.

I don't see anyone opposing this statement, but it is being neg repped. That is not helping anything. at all.

I agree with this statement(but the neg reps confuses me because that means that others see this as wrong and I don't know why). I won't push it in my case, because now there is no way to find the perpetrator. As I said, this isn't only about my case.
I would like to hear insights on this(if the person deserves a punishment being a GGG offense, etc)
But more than that about MP3 in general. It would be better if this can be prevented, though I doubt that.
[/quote]

It wasn't necessarily an MP3. I've done much worse as an MP5 or MP6 to a few MP3s for annoying me.

The question I have is whether or not you did something to make someone mad and that's why it happened, or if it was just random. The only thing left for you to do is to work with what happened, you can still easily do anything you could before, just not on MP3. This doesn't seem to be a common occurrence, so I see no need for a full scale investigation.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Redd' date='16 February 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1266348033' post='54602']
[/quote]

I dont really think new players will mind, they arnt focussed on mindless grinding to become the best MP3, they would probably welcome the free exp...

[quote name='Chewett' date='17 February 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1266396254' post='54626']
I dont really think new players will mind, they arnt focussed on mindless grinding to become the best MP3, they would probably welcome the free exp...
[/quote]

That's an oversimplification towards all new players. I remember when I was mp3 and hit cap, it was way too early. I learned way more in mp4 than I did in mp3. And I feel that I learned things in mp4 that I should have learned in mp3. The game wants people to learn how to play it but it relies on older, more experienced players to help. Unfortunately, I think that there are certain players who have been at mp5 for so long that they don't remember how it was.

<sarcasm>
If it's true that new players aren't focused on becoming the best MP3 then let's get rid of HC and Torch for everyone but MP5. While we are at it, why don't we block the ability to hold Loreroot and Necrovian creatures until they are MP5 too. Since we are limiting what new players are allowed to do, we could not allow them to buy items from MD Shop until they are MP5 too because I'm sure that Mur doesn't want money to help pay for hosting, etc from new player but rather from the players who know how the game is supposed to be played.
</sarcasm>

I think the fact that Redd knew how to remain at MP3 while trying to achieve a goal that he set for himself speaks very highly for him. He found a goal for himself in the game, it might not be the goal that everyone thinks is appropriate but it was a goal. In a game that is unfinished in places, in development in others, and just plain broken at times, any goal that keeps a player engaged in the game is a good thing. Perhaps we (I am now including myself in this group) as the "older" players would remember that rather than looking down on people who play the game differently than we do. From conversations with veteran players, I understand that the game has changed significantly and maybe we have to change as well.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Laphers' date='23 February 2010 - 03:57 AM' timestamp='1266897469' post='54994']
That's an oversimplification towards all new players. I remember when I was mp3 and hit cap, it was way too early. I learned way more in mp4 than I did in mp3. And I feel that I learned things in mp4 that I should have learned in mp3. The game wants people to learn how to play it but it relies on older, more experienced players to help.
[/quote]

But thats the point, Mp3 is the beginner stage that you learn the basics of the game, Its in the later Mindpowers 4 and eventually 5 where you can try out all the different creatures and learn about the stragity of the battles and what creatures are good Vs what.

The Problem is that MP3's cap has been raised so much that people make alts to go make "uber" mp3's then people like Redd copy them. MP3 was never a stage to stat grind and such, its just that the raised cap allows that, I would say that most vets probably spent 2/3 weeks at mp3, and were not sitting there slowly getting the correct amount of exp to max X and Y because they were just learning the rules.

MP3's follow the example of the noobish alts that people make to statgrind at mp3, thus spend ages getting beaten and try and beat them by employing the same tactic. People leave at the mp3 stage as they have had all the fun of the battle system, yet dont see anything else because they have not learnt about magicduel by going through the story several times or exploring it. they just go to stat grind, and once someone disrupts their plan they get annoyed and leave.

I really don't get why so many people react to this(myself included)

Stop whining and start over if it is that all important for you, play the game like you wish. it was not ment to be like this, but since you CAN you may. And if other people don't help you with it than they don't have to, they can even go ruine your so called 'uber, mp3 if they want to, if that's how they wish to play the game...

Just start over if you feel like missing something..

Wow... Orlando, based on what you said, I or anyone else could be able to crash any plan you might have with no consequence. How would you feel if someone did that? Based off of what's been said, Redd has been wronged in a way that went against the rules of where he was. Whether it was on accident or on purpose I cannot say. I can say though, that the person that did it does not have enough maturity to either own up and apologize, or doesn't have enough of a conscious to admit it was them.

Since the GGG is a community run place, you being a part of the community and not caring for the rules, have let down the community, and as a result, MD itself. Now, since there is no way to really find out who it was as of now, the best thing is to just change your plan as best you can, and move on. To avoid this in the future, you may have to either stop being idle there, or know the risk involved, or come up with another way to stop it from happening.

And as someone said earlier, most MP3's would welcome the experience... I cringed while reading that. Perhaps that may be correct, but at the area where Redd was, he obviously did not want/need the experience, and therefore it WAS unwanted. Think before you start posting about how anyone should feel a certain way towards something. Not everyone has the same feelings/emotions towards similar ideas or situations.

And Orlando, no-one should have to start over unless they choose to out of their own free will and not out of pressure from a certain event that occurred. Your post makes me realize your character, and frankly, I don't like it.

Edited by Yoshi

Ah, nice double standards, huh?

Any jerk can come, take newbie-stage and crash it with some well-aged crits, a bit of experience and a lot of sparetime, and face no consequences, but when we come and stop them, it's evil and against the rules?

You say that what's possible can be done, but when somebody else plays by your rules you get whiny, very interesting...

Who is destroying MD? The people who scare newbies off, or the vets who assassinate the scarecrows?
You may judge for yourself, but i'm confident that the major part of the community knows which side is less wrong