Inappropriate Public Log

Amoran Kalamanira Kol

I had thought this was taken care of, but apparently it was not. I got online this morning to realize that Shoeps has posted yet another inappropriate log in someone's PL.

This is by all means harassment, a player should have the right to wander through game without this kind of thing happening again and again.

Can someone ACTUALLY do something about this [i]please?[/i]

Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol

I find it deplorable that such a paragon of the realm be subjected to the ignorance and harassment of an individual with acknowledged power.

It is also sad the a priestess of the Moon is so besmirched by an unbeliever and lover of the sun. This is clearly an effort due to fail to besmirch all our priestesses.

Since something has been done I wish to re-activate my request also.I have the same issue with one of the players:

[attachment=1477:PL.jpg]

I removed what I considered to be offensive from her PL but she kept what she put in mine.
Also I have this:

[attachment=1478:czez insults2.jpg]

I do hope I will not see double standards.

Edited by dst

The difference between your case and meru chi's, dst, is that with meru chi, her REAL LIFE person was being assaulted by a veteran who should have known better.

You, on the other hand, are asking for Czez's opinion of you to be taken out. If we take all of the bad stuff said about us out of PLs, then what's the point?

That, and I see nothing about you in real life in Czez's post, and I don't see any inappropriate words, other than what was in the chat log (Which, by the way, has nothing to do with the PL entry. Besides, it looks like you're provoking her anyways.)

So, to ask to have something removed, just because you don't like it, and not because it's inappropriate, and at the same time provoke the person who you feel has wronged you, makes it seem like all you're doing is attacking Czez through the forums.

Aha, as I expected: double standards.Also how can you tell she's not referring to RL? I don't practice cyber sex in MD so she will know how I am.
Also, I need to remind you that bad language in public places is forbidden. I have not said bad things about her but she keeps saying them to me. How is that fair? Should I go insult and swear at everyone and then hide under the excuse that the person provoked me?

Edit:I have other bad stuff in my PL. I accept them because of the way they are said.
Why do I talk about double standards? Cause it's the same thing: rules were broken but nooo...czez has an excuse!
Just because I was the one to complain and not all COE.
If you accept this then I will think it's ok to go and post stuff like that and maybe worst ones (partially hidden under the ***).

And since when is czez considered noob? (speaking of vets that should know better)

And another thing:should I open a new topic about that swear? Since when is provoking an excuse to swear? (also it looks like but you don't know for sure but you just like to point out fingers). If you can't hold your grip then there is always the log out button. What would you say if I would go around MD posting partial swears just because <insert name here> made me mad?

Edited by dst

Did she use bad language though? Are you allowed to star it out?

But technically, she didn't use a swear word. She said F****, which could be anything from fires to folds to frame.

(I know it's obvious what her meaning is, I'm just proving a point.)

Edit: I'm not saying that your provoking her makes it alright, I'm saying that you share responsibility, in whatever amount it may be

Also, cyber sex has nothing to do with this that I can see.

Edited by Pipstickz

I think I've stated this before, but what one writes about another often tells more about the writer ... eg. in this case it tells me that Czez can't spell when angry. I mean, seriously, 'thoroughly untrustworthy'? And I thought the idiom was 'enjoys the resentment of others'. Better luck next time Czez :P

• Root Admin

PL is for opinions, that includes bad opinions. Telling someone is bad, soulless, etc, is [b]alright[/b]..and it is alright because people should fear the PL and think others will see such opinions. If more say you are bad, then it must be something about it there. Try to keep it decent and not insult anyone, but feel free to criticise as bad as you wish.

Frigid however, is something that can not be judged from within MD, in my opinion. Since cybersex is something that should happen only in privacy, sexual qualifiers should remain also private. That is an insult and should be removed or replaced by something "doesnt like cybersex" or whatever.

Since the log is not overall an insult but more of a critic, i will ask Czez to remove that word that is out of place there, and move on without any punishment.

So that you people get this clear .. i will judge things and apply rules only when i bump into them. Don;t start to press me with every tiny little thing you consider not to be wrong because i will start ignoring them and you might get to a real issue that you will have to solve yourself.

That's what I asked some time ago:remove that word or replace it. I don't care for what it is said as long as it doesn't pick on my private life or it has bad language in it. So, from my point of view this issue is closed.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/frigid

Usage 4 is inappropriate, but it is not an obvious meaning from the PL, considering the lack of any context, unless Czez is notorious for cyber advances. (In fact, I was unaware of this meaning until now that looked it up. I honestly didn't see anything wrong with the post.)

I respect Mur's decision to remove a borderline case.

Edited by apophys

I logged in at GGG today to see the trace of Shoeps wearing a DS badge. Does anyone know if he has he been let out of prison after just 2 days or was it a prison break by his alt simplyzero?

I have a screenshot if it is the latter.

• Root Admin

I didnt let him out. Not that i put a time limit for his imprisonment, but for sure 2 days is not acceptable. I wont start to run around md to cach him now, because i am realy short on time, but if i see him out or find out who took him out...........I am alsmot starting to feel my decisions start to be ignored. No problem.

Speaking of ignored decisions, Czez, you still didnt changed that PL entry, i asked nicely. I will change it and its one warning to you, next time...

[quote name='Amoran Kalamanira Kol' date='26 February 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1267226376' post='55364']
I spotted Simplyzero online yesterday at wasp's totem, Simply also appears to be the leader of the DS... is it possible that Shoeps escaped by having Simply send him an invite?
[/quote]

If you are in jail you can still be part of an alliance? That would be a large oversight!

As I said earlier this player has no respect for others, don't expect him to act or speak in an appropriate fashion.

Maybe an IP ban would work better.

Cutler

• Root Admin

[quote name='cutler121' date='27 February 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1267234007' post='55373']
If you are in jail you can still be part of an alliance? That would be a large oversight!

As I said earlier this player has no respect for others, don't expect him to act or speak in an appropriate fashion.

Maybe an IP ban would work better.

Cutler
[/quote]

the jail area is just another scene, So you can easily escape from it, When being jailed you are removed from your alliance (99% sure) but you can rejoin

Although there are many ways of easily escaping... the punishment if you do would be much greater than the initial one. If he is out of jail i definately think he needs to be put back there as soon as possible. Otherwise he hasnt really been punished...

And if he keeps breaking it, then there can be better ways of dealing with him :)