Md Creature Card Game

cutler121

[quote name='Yoshi' date='04 April 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1270377330' post='57611']
Hmmm... at the Check Score section, says name will turn orange after you play 40 games, I think it turned orange after only 11 or 12 games.
Also, the colored names are clickable, but it just brings you to the top of the score page.

Perhaps some crazy suggestions from me, make it so there's no set number of starter cards that have to be in the deck, basically make it so someone can create their own deck filled with every card that they want themself, with no unwanted ones. Possibly make this deck able to play with against others, instead of a computer. Or so that they can test their deck against the computer, then play against other people with their made deck. This would allow more strategy instead of having it based solely off of luck.

I do like the idea of the gold coin if someone manages to win all 100 games, but I highly doubt that winning all 100 is possible :)
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing out the orange coloring limit. I had set it for 10 to test since people hadn't played that many games during the first release. It is now properly enabled to turn orange when play count hits 40.

The deck construction is a major component of the CCG game.
It is possible to choose exactly which cards you want by dropping the cards you don't want. You just need to add other cards using the CTC creature add option so you stay above the minimum number of required cards. Just click any orange creature card and it will be dropped from your deck.

Yes, I highly doubt anyone will be able to win 100 games with no losses which is why I put up a 1 Gold bounty for anybody who can do so. I only have 23 gold coins at present so if a lot of people are able to beat the game resoundingly I may end up poor ;) but I feel rather confident it won't happen since I spent a lot of time on the logic programming side of the computer player and it is quite good at this point.

Cheers,

Cutler

Well, I know about the dropping/ adding of cards, I guess what I'm pointing out is the fact that the cards that I pick, and the cards that the AI picks, all get shuffled together and then distributed. Would it not be better if you had your own deck as your own beginning cards?

This error appears when I try to drop a card:

[quote]
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /dlg/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.3.2 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at magicduel.com Port 80
[/quote]

I added cards before trying to drop any, and tried dropping from both my added cards and the basic deck..
(And posting a screenie is hard work so I just copy-pasted the error message)

[quote name='Redd' date='04 April 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1270390465' post='57618']
This error appears when I try to drop a card:

I added cards before trying to drop any, and tried dropping from both my added cards and the basic deck..
(And posting a screenie is hard work so I just copy-pasted the error message)
[/quote]

It looks like mur is doing some work with the scriptable items and it is messing up other scripts. I will try to get in touch with him about it.

Cutler

After further investigation, it appears as an IE glitch. Tried and worked in FF.

EDIT:
Found new Problem
Dropped crits x and y, but they still appeared while playing.
Their names were blacked in the deck list..
(Just me being too lazy to read. Thanks Cutler for explaining. Sorry for the trouble..)

Edited by Redd

[quote name='Redd' date='04 April 2010 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1270395678' post='57624']
After further investigation, it appears as an IE glitch. Tried and worked in FF.

EDIT:
Found new Problem

Dropped crits x and y, but they still appeared while playing.
Their names were blacked in the deck list..
[/quote]

I would suggest to go back and read how the play deck is created again. That is entirely possible. There are other intricacies you might have missed as well.

To summarize, 1/2 of the play deck comes from your deck and 1/2 from the default deck for your MP level. So it is entirely possible to have 2 copies of a single card, or a card you dropped.

Cheers,

Cutler

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='04 April 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1270412457' post='57631']
Cutler, seeing as you do not react, is that a feature you added on purpose, to have me lose at least once, or is that a bug? You didn't reply yet...even though my post was above your replies.
[/quote]

No of course not (really lame statement by the way ... very lame feel free to apologize).

Mur was working on the scriptable items and for most of yesterday I couldn't edit any of my scripts. The item scriptable errors should be all fixed now and the scripts should all run fine. Most likely you had added one of the rare creatures that didn't have all its stats put in yet. You shouldn't get the error anymore, but if you do post the error here.

There are a couple of bugs that popped up and allowed people to keep winning games if they were about to lose. One of those was to use the drop all cards button which also reset the game. This option has now been removed.

Another way people could cheat is if they used CTCs from alts or someone elses account to get creatures for their CCG deck they don't own. This type of alt abuse is mentioned in the stats page:

"No alt accounts are allowed to play the contest. If any alt use is discovered this will be considered theft and will be dealt with as such."

We haven't checked on people doing this yet, but it will be added in the near future.

As always feel free to post any bugs or questions you have and we will look at it.

Cheers,

Cutler

[quote name='Chewett' date='04 April 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1270419051' post='57640']
and opera users cannot even use the asteral plane... its not very standards compliant.
[/quote]

Yeah,

I have never used opera. If it gives you an error message feel free to PM me with it and I will have a look though.

Cutler

Actually, I still get the error with no stats in my games. I'm not sure whether this is due to my win streak or something else, but it's annoying.

Edit: nvm, keep it imo..claim it's a strategic element, because it keeps saving my ass at times, though having it in my deck is the annoyance. ^_^

Somehow it always starts off in mine, and ends off saving me..

Edited by Shadowseeker

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='05 April 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1270490175' post='57678']
Actually, I still get the error with no stats in my games. I'm not sure whether this is due to my win streak or something else, but it's annoying.

Edit: nvm, keep it imo..claim it's a strategic element, because it keeps saving my ass at times, though having it in my deck is the annoyance. ^_^

Somehow it always starts off in mine, and ends off saving me..
[/quote]

The no stats card is showing up for one of the rare creatures I don't have the stats for. I have limited the deck building to only the cards that are complete since I wasn't aware of people owning some of the rarer creatures that you have in your deck.

This error will not pop up anymore after the current game.

Cutler

I just went through and changed the computer strategy some as well as discovered a way to get automatic wins (which is now fixed). The computer will now go for the kill even on a weak card. Previously I had forced it to tie for weak cards so it wouldn't lose the card but it doing that is a bad play in both respects. Now it will try to win and if it loses, the player gets the bad card to deal with.

I also updated the stats for a few cards that were incorrect. If you see any cards that don't have the correct stats or have all zeros (incorrectly) please PM me with the proper stats.

If you saw any errors popping up with the game, that was just me making changes so wait a minute and reload and it should be fine.

Cheers,

Cutler

Edited by cutler121

Suggestion: Those that are able to get both, gold coin and able to place should get their name changed to another colour.

or alternate color scheme:

Once you surpass the contender amount, your name changes to Blue.
Names that are able to win the gold coin turn to Yellow.
Those that are able to get both, change to Green.

blue + yellow = green

[quote name='Yoshi' date='06 April 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1270556731' post='57714']
Suggestion: Those that are able to get both, gold coin and able to place should get their name changed to another colour.

or alternate color scheme:

Once you surpass the contender amount, your name changes to Blue.
Names that are able to win the gold coin turn to Yellow.
Those that are able to get both, change to Green.

blue + yellow = green
[/quote]

Not really necessary, but easy to add. I kept it with the MD color scheme though

gold/orange - eligible for WP
red - eligible for WP with no losses
yellow - no losses not eligible for WP

Cutler

PS Does anybody you have ever known implement random changes that quickly? :D

[quote name='Sasha Lilias' date='06 April 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1270567422' post='57726']
Umm what exactly is the Ctc section for?I tried adding my drach ctc and it did not do anything. :D
[/quote]

When you enter the CTC (in any clicky) don't enter the whole thing, only the first characters from CTC up to MDC. If you type in the full CTC your creature it will not work. The routine requires you to only enter part of the full CTC for your safety.

Cheers,

Cutler

PS When you enter the CTC correctly the creature cards up to your current creature level will be added to your deck.

I want to thank the people who sent me PMs concerning ways to exploit the creature card game. I really appreciate your integrity in not just using what you found to bypass games you were losing.

So a few minor changes to hopefully eliminate ways to cheat.

It is no longer possible to edit your deck while you are playing a game. This option opens back up when you win or lose a game.

It is no longer possible to insert javascript commands to either fake winning a turn or to restart the whole game.

Hopefully once this first round is completed all of these types of exploits will be ironed out.

Otherwise you should be able to keep playing uninterrupted and the competition is still in full play.

Cheers,

Cutler