Stop Ggg

No one

ok here wee go!! This is why I see by No One's post

1. reasons:
- old vets should be powerful and stomp on noobs. Noobs should like it.
- agreed 3 weeks to mp5 is not a good thing. That can happen regardless of GGG.
- there are usually 10 to 15 people max at the GGG at any given time. If thats MD, MD is in more trouble then we know.

after that:

-Attack noobs until they leave from stat loss
- people complain because powerful people go around causing them to have stat loss, instead of helping them learn to play the game
- people complain about too strong- strongest come from GGG...yet half you protestors say that it doesn't matter cause you can beat GGG trainers?

- split into smaller groups so even less conversations and interactions happen.
- change the GGG to how No One sees fit, forget what the public wants
- move to common location and get hammered until stat loss and leave or hide idle in sanctuaries
- learn to defend with low level creatures, no tokens, and no stats against high stats, high tokens, and the knowledge on attacking
- ask polity for easy wins as vets laugh and then demolish you

3. Why would be good for MD
- people should know how to fight, agreed, though few are willing to help, just attack for their own stat gains
- people should be able to walk in MD and find people to talk to....strange...conversations and such happen all the time at the GGG
- defenders of GGG are becoming powerful and now I can't come in and break GGG rits when I want to...wahhhh

4. His so called Targets
a. gain permission to attack freely in GGG....umm though this is rather idiotic lets put it simply...so make GGG like willows again? This time with stat losses? *slaps forehead* im surprised you even put this, i figured you for more intelligence
b. remove powers given to enforce the GGG....wwaaahhh an item was given to help enforce the GGG and I didn't get a cool item.
c. enjoy demolishing noobs until you chase them off with stat loss.
d. gather friends and have fun....oh wait the GGG was that
e. oh wait...ask for some reasonable defs and watch as powerful people laugh and then attack you

- sit around whining in the GGG
- stay there and throw a temper tantrum to get some attention
- Get booted from GGG so gather people like Redneck to help
- bring back life to DEAD creatures....hmmm my knator is one of my key offensive creatures as well as several other people i know.

I think that about sums it up

[quote name='dst' date='04 June 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1275681482' post='61030']
Want a counter Poppitz? Easy: we can force mp3s and mp4s to move up. Especially the fighters. So see? It's not that safe unfortunately...
[/quote]

Aahhh..I already know this kind of thing will come, no comment as i already put a clear statement above, btw this is a Public embarassment for u the honourable dst since u're MP5 and surely dont have any related thing with MP3 and MP4 training, Forcing? Then try it and u'll experiencing the court one more time and end up in jail..

Edited by Poppitz Resurrection

[quote name='dst' date='04 June 2010 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1275678565' post='61021']
So...let me understand:you don't care about GGG but you care about people. How is that? Cause GGG IS people. Without people it would be the same as <Insert scene name here so you'll not say I am not a democratic person :P>
[/quote]

i would like to see it stay open, BUT if i doesnt, it really doesnt matter, ill find a place to gather and train.

[quote name='aaront222' date='04 June 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1275682287' post='61033']
I recently went to the GGG to do leginimite training. I said this exactly (punctuation may vary)-
NOT SET!!!
I was teled to GoC withing 5 seconds.
[/quote]

You have a long record of breaking rits in the GGG. You are no longer trusted to abide by the rules.

[quote name='Poppitz Resurrection' date='04 June 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1275682189' post='61032']
Aahhh..I already know this kind of thing will come, no comment as i already put a clear statement above, btw this is a Public embarassment for u the honourable dst since u're MP5 and surely dont have any related thing with MP3 and MP4 training, Forcing? Then try it and u'll experiencing the court one more time and end up in jail..
[/quote]

Threatening me Poppitz? I really hope you have more brains then that.

Yes, forcing. I can do it and be sure I will do it! And you can't stop me if I want to do it. Deal with it!

GGG is BAD CAUSE of the mp3s and mp4s TRAINING there. mp3 and mp4 are LEARNING stages NOT grinding ones.

[quote name='apophys' date='04 June 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1275682501' post='61035']
You have a long record of breaking rits in the GGG. You are no longer trusted to abide by the rules.
[/quote]
The first times i broke rits- I forgot to set my def rit as def so people attacked good and bad ones
The intentional time- I sat with about 35 good rits and 2 bad ones. So that people would think I was borken and then someone would get good hit causing confusion.
Now- I was GOING TO TRAIN MY CREATURES USING CORRECT GGG RULES IN ATTACKING WITH THEM AND MY DEFENSIVE RIT. Let me try.

This IS turning into a flame war. Don't close it yet not severe enough yet.

Edited by aaront222

[quote name='phantasm' date='04 June 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1275681602' post='61031']
ok here wee go!! This is why I see by No One's post
[/quote]
Thank you for your prompt response. And this is the last time that I will respond to your stupid remarks, I simply cannot lose my time on such things (nor I like it).

[quote name='phantasm' date='21 November 2009 - 03:00 AM' [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/5740-honor/page__view__findpost__p__47986"]your post[/url]]
Luckily it was at the time around when the loss limit got put into place. Trust me it was alot worse for new mp5s before that to find honor.

The GGG is sometimes a good place to find honor. Some of the MRs and a few other peoples mp5 alts are balanced or over so give lots of honor. [b]Besides that I suggest setting a lot of defensive rits up and sitting idle somewhere public.[/b]
[/quote]
[quote name='phantasm' date='04 June 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1275681602' post='61031']
a. gain permission to attack freely in GGG....umm though this is rather idiotic lets put it simply...so make GGG like willows again? This time with stat losses? *slaps forehead* im surprised you even put this, i figured you for more intelligence
[/quote]

[quote name='No one' date='21 November 2009 - 09:26 PM' post='48023']
[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/5740-honor/page__view__findpost__p__48023"]My link[/url]
... The problem is fist to understand the consequences of your decisions.

As some suggested to get some loses: you will at one point get to the limit and lose stats.
Get balanced: you will get to the point where you will fight a lot less due to lack of honor.
[/quote]

My most [s]intelligent[/s] [color="#FFFFFF"]xxxx[/color] [s]friend[/s] ... something. Live to your consequences.

1. reasons:
- old vets should be powerful and stomp on noobs. Noobs should like it.
- agreed 3 weeks to mp5 is not a good thing. That can happen regardless of GGG.
- there are usually 10 to 15 people max at the GGG at any given time. If thats MD, MD is in more trouble then we know.

after that:

-Attack noobs until they leave from stat loss
- people complain because powerful people go around causing them to have stat loss, instead of helping them learn to play the game
- people complain about too strong- strongest come from GGG...yet half you protestors say that it doesn't matter cause you can beat GGG trainers?
[/quote]
Dude, I know that saying upfront that you (and I quote you) "lack intelligence" it forbidden on the forum, but you do.
There is not a single game in the world (that I know of) where a beginner can compete with an experienced player.
As for half beating ggg trainers ... maybe in my good days i can beat some of you. But don't worry, soon enough you will have to live up to your decisions and take good beatings from ppl you train in ggg.
And those 10-15 I want to be able to attack.

- split into smaller groups so even less conversations and interactions happen.
[/quote]
[quote name='Juni0r' date='04 June 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1275678810' post='61023']
GGG helps RP? How? oh wait "Set", "Not Set", "Burst Up", "Burst Down"
[/quote]
- change the GGG to how No One sees fit, forget what the public wants
- move to common location and get hammered until stat loss and leave or hide idle in sanctuaries
- learn to defend with low level creatures, no tokens, and no stats against high stats, high tokens, and the knowledge on attacking
- ask polity for easy wins as vets laugh and then demolish you
[/quote]
I guess that all your MD life was in GGG, so i don't expect you to understand me.

3. Why would be good for MD
- people should know how to fight, agreed, though few are willing to help, just attack for their own stat gains
- people should be able to walk in MD and find people to talk to....strange...conversations and such happen all the time at the GGG
- defenders of GGG are becoming powerful and now I can't come in and break GGG rits when I want to...wahhhh
[/quote]
Actually ggg is and always was for gaining stats, exp, wins. You are just too hypocrite to admit it.

4. His so called Targets
[/quote]
see answer on top
c. enjoy demolishing noobs until you chase them off with stat loss.
[/quote]
you are teaching them to get loses, why should I bother that next lose he will get penalized ?
d. gather friends and have fun....oh wait the GGG was that
e. oh wait...ask for some reasonable defs and watch as powerful people laugh and then attack you
[/quote]
did you ever bothered to ask ? oh, wait, you don't , you don't trust them, you are afraid
- sit around whining in the GGG
- stay there and throw a temper tantrum to get some attention
- Get booted from GGG so gather people like Redneck to help
- bring back life to DEAD creatures....hmmm my knator is one of my key offensive creatures as well as several other people i know.
[/quote]
:P fortunately I don't whine, I'm having fun, really
I can stay there and attack freely whomever I desire (and I do pick only some) and see very interesting things as:
- all the other ppl gets sent to GoC
- many uses of other spels in most creative way (on both sides)

What can I say, it is fun.

See you there and PLEASE don't talk to me.

Edited by No one

[quote name='Poppitz Resurrection' date='04 June 2010 - 09:51 PM' timestamp='1275681072' post='61027']

I'm (Poppi Chulloz) dont get anything from GGG coz i never train there, so i dont care if u all close the place or whatever, but i'm not thinking about you, i'm thinking about they who need that place..

][b]Ps: I'm (Poppi Chulloz) My self will guide the MP3 and MP4 but NO MP5! to get their win count training, and as i said before, you all over ruled veterans can't ruin the trainees unless you all get over reacting and using ur alts for bullying them (again), so please act as a mateur and experienced player. [/b]
[/quote]

Only those who need it? Then it should be available for nobody but MP5, young MP5 are exactly the only people who 'need' it.

As i already said, 3 and 4 have caps because they are CAPPED.
This is not Mur's way to tell you that you should get creative and find a way around it.
This is Mur's way of telling you that you are not supposed to interfere with the newbies.
There's old players, and new players. They have been seperated with the MP-levels because there was too much difference in the creatures, stats and everything in general.

And then you come and dare to even think 'Oh well, the MP5 are so strong, it's better to have god accounts on MP3 and 4'?
Here's some historical data on how Mur imagined things to be like:
[quote][2008-01-10 09:56:53 - Alpha 4]
Player are now divided based on MindPower level. Additional mindpower advancement requirements will be added to the story. Game areas will be locked based on MindPower. Players on all lands can fight eachother if they are same MP, and alliances have same fighting rules. [/quote]
[quote][2008-01-10 12:26:34 - Alpha 4]
MAX XP cap. When you reach the required xp to advance to next mindpower level you wont get anymore skillpoints reward from the battles you win. This will limit players from remaining at lower MP levels but will also give them enough time to decide when they want to advance.

(Testing and feedback needed - test if player that is over the required xp still gets xp, skills and wins/losses for his creatures both when attacked or attacking)[/quote]
[quote][2008-01-17 06:45:48 - Alpha 5]
A lot of players have been reassigned today to a different mindpower level based on their TOTAL XP . The ones that dropped a Mindpower point should be happy that they can do the story again and gain the story bonuses again, the ones that were increased MP level (very very few) unfortunatly lost their chance to replay the story at that mp level. Next time try to avoid staying at a lower mp level when you should advance.[/quote]

His opinions might have changed, but he usually considers carefully before doing stuff like that.
I claim that massive stats and access to highlevel creatures is NOT what Mur wishes for MP3 and 4.
And therefore, i want GGG closed for 3/4. Without exceptions.

[quote name='dst' date='04 June 2010 - 08:21 PM' timestamp='1275682907' post='61036']
Threatening me Poppitz? I really hope you have more brains then that.

Yes, forcing. I can do it and be sure I will do it! And you can't stop me if I want to do it. Deal with it!

GGG is BAD CAUSE of the mp3s and mp4s TRAINING there. mp3 and mp4 are LEARNING stages NOT grinding ones.
[/quote]

I never threatening anyone (u the one that threat me by saying that u can force them to jump anyway,check ur words more carefully), and not worthy at all to threat u btw, i was just trying to get u a picture about the risk for all the thing that u going to do (no matter how bad and brave u are)..
And again..*sigh* ...Yes they're training there, so...Bad? just face it if now all lower MP lvl have more brains to find out the way to get strong FASTER than u all with the same situation in the past, how come that happen? They have a GREAT MENTOR! (which not too much now really..)that care enough to guide them.

[quote name='Burns' date='04 June 2010 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1275686890' post='61042']
Only those who need it? Then it should be available for nobody but MP5, young MP5 are exactly the only people who 'need' it.

And therefore, i want GGG closed for 3/4. Without exceptions.
[/quote]

GGG Closed for 3 and 4? Then Go ahead,without exceptions...I'm sure U all already read my earlier post (check it again incase u missed something)

I understand what you are saying Burns and dst.

I stayed at MP3 for almost a year. I capped in my first month. Guess how long I spent at GGG? Two months, [b]at the end[/b].
And in that whole time, most MP3 where terrified of me. Rather than gain stats, I had focused on how the combat actually worked, and I learnt a heap. By the time I left MP3 I had almost every creature, and I had studied them all.

When I came to MP4, I spent a while at the GGG (about 4 months).
And you know what? [b]It drove me mad[/b]!
It was the most boring, inane, and pointless time in MD I have ever spent.

HOWEVER

It was also invaluable for training all of those creatures I had not been able to train because I was at cap on MP3.
I don't play for combat, never have. The fact that I am good at it is irrelevant, Mur could remove the whole combat system and it wouldn't bother me.
But Being able to train safely is a [b]good thing[/b]

What I [b]Don't like[/b] is people staying at the GGG just to gain stats.
For one, it doesn't fullfile the role of the lower MP levels, [b]to learn how to survive[/b] at MP5.
For the most part, stats no longer decide combat. The best they can do is dampen the damage of bad tactics, which is all that comes out of the GGG.
And as far as getting stats go, it's moronic to use the GGG to gain stats "fast" since you not only get more stats from normal combat, you get them faster! If you know what you are doing you can gain 50-[b]150[/b] attack in one day, without sacrificing anything!

BUT

Attacking the GGG in a scorched earth policy is, to me, blatantly wrong.
All you do is annoy people, and encourage them to leave MD forever.
Most people train at the GGG because they think the MP5's will kick their arse when they go up.
What is a scorched earth policy? MP5 coming to GGG and kicking their arse.

"Duh... I'm smart! I'll re-inforce their fears and prove how correct they are in useing the GGG!"
Good work....

A scorched earth policy will NEVER destroy a training ground (sorry dst, I do know how annoying you could be if you wanted to, but you know you won't actually be able to stop it)
Yes, it will force it to move. Yes, it will cause it to split. [b]No[/b], it will not cause it to disappear.
[b]Yes, it will encourage them that they HAVE to use this tactic to survive at MP5[/b]

AGAIN

I do not mind the GGG. It is a good training ground.
What I do NOT like is people staying there just to grind. That detracts from the MD [i]Community[/i].
What was that word? [i][b]Community[/b][/i]!
Because that is what we are.
Not a pack of thugs.
Not isolationists.
A [u]Community[/u].

If you think back to Willows, the Main reason that that sort of training ground is not viable is stat damage.
[b]Something Muratus del Mur implemented[/b].
The only way that the GGG can be "fixed" is by Mur now, because too many people will insist it stays.
[b]You can crusade all you want, but they will crusade right back at you. And you know what? In the end Jerusalem just gets torched and neither of you wins anything![/b]

Do I like that this can only be fixed by Mur?
[i][b]NO[/b][/i].
But the only solution I have seen that DOESN'T result in pissing a lot of people off for a LONG time is, sadly, the one I suggested. Capping the max sacc bonous to something incredibly low, or removing it entirely.

Sure the Grinders will hate it, but they will get over it when they learn just how much easier it can be to gain stats in real combat, if they just try.

PS: No One, asking for experience (ie [u][i][b]USEING THE GGG[/b][/i][/u]), hitting the rit I set for you, then trying to break all my defences? That puts you slightly below pond scum.

Kyphis, if you did what you said, then I can say that you should be an example to the others.

As for :
[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' date='05 June 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1275689441' post='61045']
Attacking the GGG in a scorched earth policy is, to me, blatantly wrong.
All you do is annoy people, and encourage them to leave MD forever.
Most people train at the GGG because they think the MP5's will kick their arse when they go up.
What is a scorched earth policy? MP5 coming to GGG and kicking their arse.
[/quote]
at least I'm trying to change it.
Do you see another way ? Tell me. Help me. Help MD.
But you like it :
[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' date='05 June 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1275689441' post='61045']
I do not mind the GGG. [b][color="#FF0000"]It is a good training ground.[/color][/b]
What I do NOT like is people staying there just to grind. That detracts from the MD [i]Community[/i].
[/quote]
There is no half way in order to stop this. Not that I see.
If it breaks off, it will be a good thing because one will go from one place to another and MAYBE will learn new things.

If you think back to Willows, the Main reason that that sort of training ground is not viable is stat damage.
[b]Something Muratus del Mur implemented[/b].
The only way that the GGG can be "fixed" is by Mur now, because too many people will insist it stays.
Do I like that this can only be fixed by Mur?
[i][b]NO[/b][/i].
But the only solution I have seen that DOESN'T result in pissing a lot of people off for a LONG time is, sadly, the one I suggested. Capping the max sacc bonous to something incredibly low, or removing it entirely.
[/quote]
There is another way. LEARN. You already know how to do it.
You are a community all by yourselves (ggg) why don't you fix this problem :D

I feel sorry for noobs that say that, but hearing this from you ... makes me think that you don't really don't learn and you don't understand the dynamics of MD.

PS: No One, asking for experience (ie [u][i][b]USEING THE GGG[/b][/i][/u]), hitting the rit I set for you, then trying to break all my defences? That puts you slightly below pond scum.
[/quote]
:) i broke quite a few rits there, but if they were for me ... then that should make me honored.
As for asking for exp ... that is the least of my reasons and problems ;) I can get in 10 minutes more then i got here in 1 day.

Then why ... do you say that?

Edited by dst
fixing grammar

I have an honest question for all of you...

What are you going to do about it? What are you solutions? How are you going to implement them?

Do you even have any solutions?

Try fixing this. Mur does not need to help.

(Although I do really like the idea of starting over with fresh stats.

[quote name='No one' date='05 June 2010 - 08:47 AM' timestamp='1275691654' post='61049']
at least I'm trying to change it.
Do you see another way ? Tell me. Help me. Help MD.
[/quote]
Take a look at what Burns and dst do. They don't victimize people, they don't resort to petty thuggery. They talk it over, and protest by not setting defence rituals. If you hit them, that your fault, not theirs.
I can respect, and even applaud that, because it doesn't detract anything. It expresses their opinion and invites discussion, so that change can occur.

[quote name='No one' date='05 June 2010 - 08:47 AM' timestamp='1275691654' post='61049']
But you like it
[/quote]
I like the creature upgrading aspect. I do NOT like the stat gaining aspect.
I was VERY clear on that, so do not make blanket statements like that.

There is no half way in order to stop this. Not that I see.
If it breaks off, it will be a good thing because one will go from one place to another and MAYBE will learn new things.
[/quote]
There is another way. LEARN. You already know how to do it.
[/quote]
The only thing they will learn is how to hide, and that their suspicion that the older MP5 will take pleasure in beating them to a pulp is true.
They will learn that they need the GGG to survive, and that you are afraid of it.
All they will learn is useless things that don't help anyone, and aren't even accurate.

Will acting like your afraid of their training teach them to RP? No.
Will it teach them how to fight? No.
Will it teach them how to hide? Yes.
Will it teach them to despise you? Yes.

You are a community all by yourselves (ggg) why don't you fix this problem ;)
[/quote]
Fine, they are a community.
Let THEM work it out, and STOP bothering them.

I will speak honestly about my opinion about all of this muck. I will say ahead of time that I do not care if you all decide to spam me with negative rep points because of this post.

The Golden Globe hurts the game and helps the game. It hurts the game in that people do not properly learn how to fight and it unbalances the game because with the training area as it is, a lower mp level can gain high stats and excel more than that particular mp level is supposed to. (Mp3, Mp4)

It helps the game in that it seems to have been the only thing that has held many people to the game. The training is boring, and is not always the most effective method of training, but it is similar to how willows was.

Now my whole reason for wanting to keep the Golden Globe as a working training area after the MRs abandoned it was because MRD put a lot of work into trying to make it something useful for not only the MRs but for other people as well. Back in the days when Willows Shop was all the rage, I could not sit in the location and enjoy conversation because no matter what I did any ritual I put together got immediately plowed by Drachorns. So, I stopped going to the area and searched for other methods of enjoyment. I would stop by and converse, but I truly did not know much about fighting, and by the time I was almost a year old.. I decided that I should try to get stronger.

I fought the old fashioned way and bought/traded creatures. Many creatures were given to me by friends who had decided it was time for them to leave. So, in essence, I learned to fight by old fashioned fighting. This did nothing for my stats however.

The Golden Globe helped me get strong enough to fight the drachorn fiends and those who possessed tokens. It has helped me since I became a new mp5 since I was eager and willing to participate in the Heads Contest. I learned methods of training and ways of fighting by [b]experimenting[/b] outside of the GGG and [b]asking questions[/b] once I began to train.

This is why I do not always agree with what is considered a "spoiler". Some things you simply HAVE to ask to understand. I have suggested multiple times that the GGG be reformed, that we should teach ways to fight as well as train.

In my opinion, with tokens dominating the game and with so very little to do, I do not think that getting rid of the Golden Globe will achieve what the people who are against it want it to achieve. Perhaps if these people would stop whining about everyone gathering at the GGG and start asking WHY people gather there, they would understand.

Some say stats have become useless, but in truth they are only another method of fighting. If your stats are high enough, you can defeat tokens (Sparrhawk is a perfect example of someone who can beat tokens with his stats)- and at least the GGG gives newer mp5's a chance to do that without spending so much money on the game.

What I will never understand is why there has to be categories of people, you fight or you don't, you role play or you don't, you use tokens or you use stats... What is wrong with role playing, fighting, using tokens, and using stats? There is nothing wrong with it, and the fact that people don't realize this will hurt the game even worse than it already is.

[quote name='Amoran Kalamanira Kol' date='04 June 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1275709451' post='61062']
Some say stats have become useless, but in truth they are only another method of fighting. If your stats are high enough, you can defeat tokens (Sparrhawk is a perfect example of someone who can beat tokens with his stats)- and at least the GGG gives newer mp5's a chance to do that without spending so much money on the game.
[/quote]
Sparr has a GG loaded with tokens, and a bunch of rusties to boost it.

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='04 June 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1275710530' post='61063']
Sparr has a GG loaded with tokens, and a bunch of rusties to boost it.
[/quote]

I didn't say he doesn't use tokens, I said he can go up against tokens with his stats and win.

I didn't really bother to read the entire topic but.. It seems that the discussion among the many of you has gone off to "stats". To me it is not how the ggg allows players to gain stats taht is bad. It is that it uses up a lot of time... Typically every 8 minutes or so a player could get 3-10 wins on a ritual of creatures depending on how busy it is. And it can get very, very busy. Grinders spend their time there and sometimes it seems like the ggg is their home while they wander off to No mans land and other places only occasionally.. I'm not entirely sure on how the ggg could be destroyed. Though i'm sure... it could take quite a bit of time. Though i have to say i am quite bored of the ggg. It takes time away from the days that are far too short. That is really my only opinion. For now..

@phantasm : i;m one of the lamest MP5 at fighting yu wanna know why ? because i grew up with GGG! i was never interested on how to break ones rit because i always knew i could train there and not put much effort in it . So i;m the best example! No i won;t quit the game..because i found other things that keep me in it ! Diversity makes this game so special!

I never said GGG should be closed just limited oh and yes , as lame as i am i can still come and break everyone there! Now tell me what do i tell to a new MP3 that asks me what is GGG?"" UUU it's a secret place were the big guys train but you can;t go there because it supposed to be a secret""..but the Mood panel is flooded with GGG calls ! How do i explain that ?

Yes ! I got kicked by the all might vets and i still am! LS won't miss a chance *chuckles* ! others as well! SO WHAT? please don;t complain about players leaving the game because of this ..it's not like they are actually "Killed" and have to start all over again( from MP2) that would be an issue but it's not! There are ways to get wins from anyone , it;s called asking nice , making friends ( or enemies)..it's called communicating!

Edited by Indyra

It is indeed very simple to stop GGG, all it takes is the staff to stop bothering.
Once they don't deal with offenders anymore, there is not much you can do. You don't have the tools it takes.
GGG is too vulnerable because the defences are built to lose.

The moment MP4 are not protected by it anymore, i will personally make sure every MP4 knows of that. They won't carve in to peer pressure, because they don't need the help of the strong of their level when they can farm off them without their consent anyways.

And, Poppi, you seem to think that we'd need to create alts or otherwise cheat to stop an MP4... you're wrong.
We can very well take things in our own hands within the rules, but i don't think that leads to satisfying results.

I mean... satisfying for them. I'd be very satisfied with certain MP4 capped, and then proceed to send them over the MP5-cap before they even know what hit them, too.

But that's beside the point, i don't want to force them. I want them to realize that what they do causes more damage than all the tokens, drachorns and crit-boosters together.
Forcing them is Plan B, probably.

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' date='05 June 2010 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1275693435' post='61052']
Take a look at what Burns and dst do. They don't victimize people, they don't resort to petty thuggery. They talk it over, and protest by not setting defence rituals. If you hit them, that your fault, not theirs.
I can respect, and even applaud that, because it doesn't detract anything. It expresses their opinion and invites discussion, so that change can occur.
[/quote]
I did talked and I still do ... and you reading this is my proof.
But ... why do you want to rob me of my training ?

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' date='05 June 2010 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1275693435' post='61052']
I like the creature upgrading aspect. I do NOT like the stat gaining aspect.
I was VERY clear on that, so do not make blanket statements like that.
[/quote]
You like it or you don't, there is no half way when it comes to talking about the future of this location.

And ... upgrading creatures should not be easy and it was never intended. You tell ppl to get trees/ give trees to MP3 to grow. How is this fair ? Most of the ppl didn't had a tree before 2 months they had to fight the guardians.

The only thing they will learn is how to hide, and that their suspicion that the older MP5 will take pleasure in beating them to a pulp is true.
They will learn that they need the GGG to survive, and that you are afraid of it.
All they will learn is useless things that don't help anyone, and aren't even accurate.

Will acting like your afraid of their training teach them to RP? No.
Will it teach them how to fight? No.
Will it teach them how to hide? Yes.
Will it teach them to despise you? Yes.
[/quote]
Yes, this are the answers that I expect from every single ggg addicted.
Does the ancients know how to fight ? Did they learned in ggg ?

And about ggg:
Do you teach them to RP ? (except "burst up", "burst down", "set", "not set") ... I didn't noticed.
Do YOU teach them how to fight ? Don't think so, as they only fight classic rits with classic attack rituals.
To run / hide is healthy. You do it everyday in ggg behind the rules. Why not hide in sanctuaries.
Will you teach them to ask ? NO

Am I friend or intend to be with everyone in MD, impossible not that I am aiming to that.

BUT:
You say that you teach ppl to survive. You prove wrong as ppl don't know what defending means and they run back to hide after every single lose.

Fine, they are a community.
Let THEM work it out, and STOP bothering them.
[/quote]
If the community does nothing ... someone has take action.
I am trying to push you to do the right things. But you keep hiding your head in the ground and ignore everything.

All you do there is PRODUCE ppl "equal" to ancients. Just like experience can be read / told.

Just learn to read logs and to be preemptive damn it.

Edited by dst

I just spend one hour and a half from my time to read the same things over and over again.

[quote name='dst' date='04 June 2010 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1275673482' post='61003']
Funny stuff:me Indyra AND Ailith are the only women that posted here ;)
[/quote]

Dst, you know that I am with you and No One and many others who support the idea of closing GGG. But I find it a waste of time and energy. My opinion won't matter as it hasn't mattered before but I will share it with you nonetheless. I won't even try quoting each and everyone of you and respond. I'll just say what is on my mind right now.

Yes, I am guilty of using GGG myself a few times but heck look at me, I haven't been fighting for months. I have reached the experience cap for a while now and don't even bother reducing it. I barely log in MD, only to be present for personal reasons and have a random defence at all time, without even caring about the losses I get. And frankly there are not many besides Lightsage, Burns and a few others who let's say 'dare' to attack. I gained my stats during the Willow's Shop era and I am quite proud of it. I may not be the strongest of all or have the best tokens on my army but I do not hear myself whining about being beaten from certain players. If I want to spare my army and vitality from losing, I simply don't attack those certain players, or if I do I will only do it either to test a new ritual or just even for the fun of it even if I am convinced that I will be dead at the end of the fight, or I just set a tree.

I stayed as an mp3 for about 4 months and I learned quite a lot during these months. I was an mp3 in an alliance and I was fighting with much stronger players than me regardless the mindpower level at Willow's and I assure you, for me it was the best fighting season. I got to learn how to test rituals and combine my creatures in it, I got to learn how you really earn your stats, I got to learn the purpose of each stat. Attack and defence that you gain at GGG doesn't matter. Even if you have 15K of attack and defense that won't save you from a player with less attack/defence who happens to have let's say more initiative, luck, power or any of the other stats that are there. Well, maybe a few good tokens could but that is a whole new subject that I do not have the experience for to speak of it.

Now that angiens are out GGG is indeed a very convinient way to gather their insane required wins to upgrade them but unless you go out and fight real rituals you won't ever learn anything. And I agree with Ailith. Standing in one place, continuously attacking the same players with the same ritual and dealing with the same defences is souless. You literally miss the fun this game provides you just to get a crazy amount of attack and defence.

Bottom line, do whatever you people wanna do. Wanna close GGG? Close it. Wanna split it in small different groups? Do so. Wanna revive the old Willow's? Good luck with it. Wanna keep GGG open and carry on ranting about the same old *insert dirty word* over and over again without any result? I sure hope that you will continue to have the time and energy to do so if you want your points to be heard. To me personally it won't make any difference whatever happens.

P.S. MD is a place that I wouldn't change for the world, reality and other priorities keep me away from it but even now when I talk about this place to others I present it as the best game ever. Because to me, it still is. I only wish others could see the magic that it really provides to a few of us who had the chance to see better and fun days here.

I am still not able to understand why there is all this opposition to the GGG. I used it as MP4 and I don't have insane stats the biggest boost I got was from the HC. The GGG isn't the cause of lack of people or activity in MD and getting rid of it won't change that. If a person chooses to idle at GGG or at a sanctuary it's because they aren't wanting to be attacked. If people constantly hide at a sanctuary I don't see how that can help the game or other players of the game. GGG provides a place for people to train and unless you like having people you can squash without a fight I don't see why that should be a problem. In real life in boxing or other similar competitions like ultimate combat fighting they train before fights. A new person without any experience is going to train for a long time before going up against someone with years of experience. It would also be very inappropriate if at one of these training facilities if the fighters with years of experience came in and started attacking their future competition. One of the things I have liked about this game so far is how different and unique it is. It offers a variety of ways to play and doesn't make people conform to only a certain idea or a single way of playing. But that is what I see with this. A few people are upset because other people aren't playing the game the way they think it should be played and are now trying to dictate how and where we should be allowed to enjoy the game.

I'll just add my two cents

I use GGG and will still be there when I want to be there. If MD is a place where the players help create the game then players can fight however they want to fight but when players remove themselves and create a location that is set aside with rules for combat (Marble Park or GGG or Dojo of Lost XP or whatever) it would be appropriate if other players would respect that (if MD is truly a community as some have said).

Utimately I can see a couple of outcomes. Continue to protest against GGG, make it more annoying for people to play the way they want to play and they will stop going to GGG...and possibly logging in as well. Less people in the game means less people for the protesters to play with.

Give the people a reason to leave GGG. I remember that Sparrhawk has taught people how use the combat system. If you want people to fight you then teach them how to fight, don't just hit them 20 times when you can see that they are new to MP5.

I will say this: I have a lot of respect for Burns and Dst for protesting by not setting a GGG defense. It means that they are getting their message across without actually destroying anyone. If anyone attacks them they learn that they are protesting in that manner. But by coming in and attacking anyone and everyone, the others only show that they don't respect player led initiatives or the players themselves.

[quote name='No one' date='05 June 2010 - 08:33 PM' timestamp='1275734023' post='61079']
I did talked and I still do ... and you reading this is my proof.
But ... why do you want to rob me of my training ?

You like it or you don't, there is no half way when it comes to talking about the future of this location.

And ... upgrading creatures should not be easy and it was never intended. You tell ppl to get trees/ give trees to MP3 to grow. How is this fair ? Most of the ppl didn't had a tree before 2 months they had to fight the guardians.

Yes, this are the answers that I expect from every single ggg addicted.
Does the ancients know how to fight ? Did they learned in ggg ?

And about ggg:
Do you teach them to RP ? (except "burst up", "burst down", "set", "not set") ... I didn't noticed.
Do YOU teach them how to fight ? Don't think so, as they only fight classic rits with classic attack rituals.
To run / hide is healthy. You do it everyday in ggg behind the rules. Why not hide in sanctuaries.
Will you teach them to ask ? NO

Am I friend or intend to be with everyone in MD, impossible not that I am aiming to that.

BUT:
You say that you teach ppl to survive. You prove wrong as ppl don't know what defending means and they run back to hide after every single lose.

If the community does nothing ... someone has take action.
I am trying to push you to do the right things. But you keep hiding your head in the ground and ignore everything.

All you do there is PRODUCE ppl "equal" to ancients. Just like experience can be read / told.

Just learn to read logs and to be preemptive damn it.
[/quote]
You know the hillarious part? [b]I'm AGAINST the GGG[/b].
And yet you focus on my topics like this, and accuse me of "hiding your head in the ground and ignore everything", just because I can see both sides of the argument.
Congratulations on your tunnel vission, I'm not even going to WATCH this topic any more. It's just you stroking your own ego, and being a blind thug.

[quote name='Laphers' date='06 June 2010 - 05:51 AM' timestamp='1275767509' post='61098']
I'll just add my two cents

I use GGG and will still be there when I want to be there. If MD is a place where the players help create the game then players can fight however they want to fight but when players remove themselves and create a location that is set aside with rules for combat (Marble Park or GGG or Dojo of Lost XP or whatever) it would be appropriate if other players would respect that (if MD is truly a community as some have said).

Utimately I can see a couple of outcomes. Continue to protest against GGG, make it more annoying for people to play the way they want to play and they will stop going to GGG...and possibly logging in as well. Less people in the game means less people for the protesters to play with.

Give the people a reason to leave GGG. I remember that Sparrhawk has taught people how use the combat system. If you want people to fight you then teach them how to fight, don't just hit them 20 times when you can see that they are new to MP5.

I will say this: I have a lot of respect for Burns and Dst for protesting by not setting a GGG defense. It means that they are getting their message across without actually destroying anyone. If anyone attacks them they learn that they are protesting in that manner. But by coming in and attacking anyone and everyone, the others only show that they don't respect player led initiatives or the players themselves.
[/quote]
Kudo's Laphers. That is the most mature, and well reasoned argument in this whole topic.
I hope that people actually consider your statement properly, and stop to think about it before spouting off again.