Sunny Bedroom

dst

TOPIC MADE INTO POLL USING NAMES FROM [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/7310-sunny-bedroom/page__st__60__p__62219&#entry62219"]SEPHIRA'S POST[/url]

LE: because i'm lazy and didnt look through the rest of the posts

Edited by Grido

Ok, I had not made the poll before because i don't want THIS kind of poll. And I had no time for it. But I don't want a secret voting. I want a plain sight one.
So, tomorrow (when I will have the time) I will make another topic where you can vote by posting. Just one name from the list. Show you care and you don't vote just because this is another pretty poll that can be voted for.

[quote name='dst' date='19 June 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1276963341' post='62264']
Ok, I had not made the poll before because i don't want THIS kind of poll. And I had no time for it. But I don't want a secret voting. I want a plain sight one.
So, tomorrow (when I will have the time) I will make another topic where you can vote by posting. Just one name from the list. Show you care and you don't vote just because this is another pretty poll that can be voted for.
[/quote]

[color="#006400"]Why make it more complicated than it need be? Using a poll system like this is much simpler and easier for everyone to read rather than reading a hundred single name posts and writing down each name with how many people posted them just to see who is winning.[/color]

[quote name='dst' date='19 June 2010 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1276964542' post='62267']
You will not need to read anything except the first post.. After a while (a period of time that we'll decide) I will count the votes.
[/quote]

[color="#006400"]What if that person wants to know it right then and there during the middle to see if its even worth it, to vote for the person they want, if there is no chance of that person to be chosen with all the votes? Its just simpler to keep it in poll. Saves everyone the trouble and you the extra work.[/color]

Blind voting leads to abuses. And you cannot see the votes BEFORE you vote for yourself.

ps: I am not afraid of hard work. I am just lazy :)

LE:my bad. Rendril is right. But if you see the votes before you can't vote anyway...

Edited by dst

[quote name='dst' date='19 June 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1276964939' post='62269']
Blind voting leads to abuses. And you cannot see the votes BEFORE you vote for yourself.

ps: I am not afraid of hard work. I am just lazy :)
[/quote]

[color="#006400"]With the way the poll set ups is on this site. You can see votes without voting, but once you voted its permanent. ((Just look at the voting options on the poll.))[/color]

Assuming you aren't a mod yes.

Well, the issue is, this way of voting can be easily accessed by forum alts. So if you think its really safe to go this way...I can also count the votes if needed in another topic, if anyone thinks dst is too involved to be the mod there.

[quote name='Darigan' date='18 June 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1276848028' post='62172']
Well then how about you Kyphis? you fit all the criteria.
[/quote]
[quote name='dst' date='18 June 2010 - 08:01 PM' timestamp='1276851671' post='62181']
Kyphis is too popular but I would vote for him nevertheless.
[/quote]
While I appreciate the consideration, and I am flattered that people would (and have) vote for me, I have no intention of performing this role either in the near or distant future.

As such, I would appreciate being removed from the poll.

(Also, Grido, you forgot to put Yoshi's name into the poll. Quite a few people want to vote for him)

While I appreciate the nomination, and would perform the duty honorably, I am just one player and could dissappear like Elthan. Similarly, the Poll, while nice, is flawed in that it is going to pick one person.

We need to find a durable system. Spin it off permanent institutions - either the LHO or the Kings need to be able to magically "fetch" the keys and give them to the (temporary) designated holder.

I propose that the Kings vote to select an acceptable neutral administrator and that LHO be given the power to implement the will of the Kings. No tie breaker needed -- if they can't agree on a neutral, let it ride.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

[u][b]Merged posts![/b][/u]

So what? Now we cannot make our own decisions without the kings?

And LHOs have already a job! Giving them more responsibilities will not help.

1 week it's fine by me. If nobody wants something different then shall be it.

Edited by dst

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='apophys' date='28 June 2010 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1277736217' post='62857']
Yep, you counted right. Miq 14, Yoshi 13.
[/quote]

Why do you have to rub it in!?! D: Nah I'm just kidding :P I still find it amusing that nobody even asked me if I wanted the keys in the first place. XD

Gratz Miq.