Mp5 Only Features

Sharpwind

Mp5 only features  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it would be good to create some features only available at mp5, so that new players have something to wait for when coming to mp5
and to avoid many of them staying at lower mp levels out of fear and stat grinding

It could be even some of the already existing features such as being member of an alliance, citizenship, if ever implemented the linking of players and so on

just sharing a thought

You're picking the wrong things, it wouldn't make sense to only have mp5+ as citizens or allies, that's something pretty common.
What i think should be limited is spell-casting abilities, e.g. mirror, guardian, invisibility, other army are some advanced magics that could be allowed on mp5 only, other stuff like movelock, attacklock, give vital, no armor, weaken are by far less advanced spells and could as well be allowed on mp4 imo.

Some armors, mostly Medusa and Sun God, could be restricted for MP3/4, since they are advanced gears, too.

I would even consider restricting creatures, but only in useage, not in owning, e.g. mp4 being unable to use angiens or drachorns, mp3 unable to use trees and birds.

There's tons of things that can be restricted, but taking away features like land affliation would be pretty annoying for the few newbies who are already interested in a land, and not much of an incentive for the lowlevlers to move up at all.

The only thing that'd convince me to bother getting enough xp to move to mp5 would be a shot at getting past mp5, which is advertised as 'the ultimate fighting level'. Limiting creature usage is a good way to dumb down and hence limit preparation during pre mp5 of new people; it won't bother me but I don't see how it will do any good to the new people. Limiting spells which can be used for fighting but are not limited to it, hardly makes sense: it is the ultimate fighting level, not the ultimate spell casting or general coolness level.

Frankly, why should people even be pushed to become mp5? I am not a threat to balance on mp4, nor is mp5 the sudden balance maker. There's three dozen threads on how mp5 is unfair towards noobs to prove me mp5 is not balanced. You either like fighting and progress naturally to mp5 or you have nothing to offer to mp5. Furthermore, the people who are into bullying and powergaming, are going to be annoying on any level; either they succeed or they complain.

Certain things should be made available for each mp level.

Personally, I think that every mp3 should be made a citizen of No Man's Land when they join the game so that everyone is using a land affiliation from day one. Perhaps at each level, it resets to that so people have to choose which land/alliance. (Everyone has an affiliation even if it's only the land you were born into.)

• Root Admin

[quote name='Laphers' date='23 June 2010 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1277311123' post='62498']
Personally, I think that every mp3 should be made a citizen of No Man's Land when they join the game so that everyone is using a land affiliation from day one.
[/quote]

How many times do i have to say it. the clue is in the name "[b]NO[/b] mans land" no one belongs it, its just the land between the other lands. You can be neutral, but then you wouldnt be part of no mands land, you just wouldnt be a part of any land.

• 1 month later...

How about a set of 9 basic (read fairly weak) spells linked to the principle choices you've made - but only given to MP5's?

Minor heal, minor attack, defense, power, etc. bonuses, that sort of thing. So everybody would have 5 weak spells if they go MP5.

minor heal attack and defense is basically what you get at mp6 if you were to give those to mp5s it'd make mp6 partially less worth it to attain and also even with weak spells you'd have entire chats filled up with them.

I have to say no to that idea. If it was implemented, it would feel similar as another MMORPG whereas principle choice = class, and then you get skills based off of chosen class. Perhaps though you might be onto something, perhaps a new Wish Shop Wish could be a combination of the current ones, as in you buy one wish, and get one Weaken, one Locate, one Mirror Ritual, etc. 4 different ones, and then a part 2 wish with another 4. More-so as to see what each one does, and if you like that, your next wish could be on the spell you like from the Spell Teaser wishes.

(accidentally posted before I was finished XD)
So maybe the teaser wishes could be available to mp3, and the other ones available to mp4/5.

Edited by Yoshi

• 2 weeks later...

I've thought about this... The basic problem is: new players get pounded by veterans, they get out of balance, they get stat loss, hence they spend most of the time in sanctuaries, and almost never go idle, thus creating an illusion of not having enough mp5s to train with... Hell, even people to talk with...

I'd suggest a few possible solutions (if someone already suggested these things, I'm sorry):

a) Get rid of the stat loss, instead implement a stat cap, or a monthly stat decay if you don't fight. (maybe combined with the forced advance after a certain ammount of stats are gained)

b) A transit level between mp4 and mp5, where lowering exp is possible, but much less then on mp5 (like 5-10%), or maybe implement this on mp4... This wouldn't get more people to mp5, but would make those who make it to mp5 strong enough to stand up to the vets without the need of dipping into the WP shop to reset their exp... Would lower the ammount of strong mp3s as well, but would be a problem since there would be a lot of strong mp4s going around... But I think it could be tweaked so that it works better than the current system. Could be done by implementing a forced advance after a certain ammount of stats are gained.

c) Since there is already the 15 credits when your "recruit" reaches mp5, there could also be a 10-15 credits when you reach mp5... Even better, once you reach mp5, you get the avatar feature enabled without the need to buy it in the shop. Lower the gold-avatar quality bar, put the gold avatars lower in the shop, make the best avatars into red-gold avatars... or different colors depending on the theme of the avy, and put that in the place where the gold avys are now. Also, could be good if there was a creature somewhere in there to assure more shop action in that branch...

d) Something similar to something already suggested: Pick your inner magic doc when you reach mp5... (since there is no distributing of them at the moment afaik) Choice between 4-5 lvl one docs would be appropriate. Yes, this would eliminate the special feel and rarity of them, but still... In a community this small nothing is that rare any more... And besides, with most vets having 4 to 5 inner docs to their name, they still stay "special", especially the higher level ones.

e) A combination of the above.

[quote name='Ravenstrider' timestamp='1283560670' post='67651']
a) Get rid of the stat loss, instead implement a stat cap, or a monthly stat decay if you don't fight. (maybe combined with the forced advance after a certain ammount of stats are gained)
[/quote]
Mur said in the february thread that he won't cap stats. Also, the skill damage wasn't implemented to punish those who didn't fight.

b) A transit level between mp4 and mp5, where lowering exp is possible, but much less then on mp5 (like 5-10%), or maybe implement this on mp4... This wouldn't get more people to mp5, but would make those who make it to mp5 strong enough to stand up to the vets without the need of dipping into the WP shop to reset their exp... Would lower the ammount of strong mp3s as well, but would be a problem since there would be a lot of strong mp4s going around... But I think it could be tweaked so that it works better than the current system. Could be done by implementing a forced advance after a certain ammount of stats are gained.
[/quote]
Not quite sure what you mean by 5-10%, so I'll just give to answers. If you mean a lower value per battle, then someone could stay MP4 forever, just like people could easily stay MP5 forever, if there were another regular stage to get to naturally (MP6 is protector, MP7 is illusion, etc.). If you mean they can only lose a certain amount and then they won't lose any more, then that's the same as increasing the cap.

c) Since there is already the 15 credits when your "recruit" reaches mp5, there could also be a 10-15 credits when you reach mp5... Even better, once you reach mp5, you get the avatar feature enabled without the need to buy it in the shop. Lower the gold-avatar quality bar, put the gold avatars lower in the shop, make the best avatars into red-gold avatars... or different colors depending on the theme of the avy, and put that in the place where the gold avys are now. Also, could be good if there was a creature somewhere in there to assure more shop action in that branch...
[/quote]
There's already heads for credits. Avatars are in the shop for a reason; the game needs to make money. Simply having another tier of rarity (red-gold) doesn't really solve anything, does it?

d) Something similar to something already suggested: Pick your inner magic doc when you reach mp5... (since there is no distributing of them at the moment afaik) Choice between 4-5 lvl one docs would be appropriate. Yes, this would eliminate the special feel and rarity of them, but still... In a community this small nothing is that rare any more... And besides, with most vets having 4 to 5 inner docs to their name, they still stay "special", especially the higher level ones.
[/quote]
Mur will do something with the docs:
[quote][22/06/10 00:11] Muratus del Mur:for example, if i decide to place all the spell docs in a book and write about them, i will not auction them there because it wont be fair to the one winning the auction[/quote]
And, of course, one single doc doesn't really give you much, depending on the one you get.

Sorry for longpost :))

Thx for the thoughts/ information.

First two ideas were more or less off topic and related to my personal MD issues... (The second idea was to scale the exp loss down, so it would be 10% from the percentage loss on mp5... So it would be scaled two times, to fit mp4 exp cap + multiply it by 0.05 or 0.10 Uh... Not sure if I can frase this correctly without explaining detailed... doesn't matter anyway... )

On the avatar bit: Having another level of rarity is to compensate for the loss of interest in the branch if you would get the avatar feature enabled automaticaly on mp5 as a motivational tool...

And I for one would like to posses any kind of inner magic doc since I'm more interested in those then the WP spells... So, yes, it would matter, especially if it was to be combined with something else...

All of these were just ideas rolling trough my head last night... I know most of them aren't very good (nor coherent since it was 3am), but I thought I'd give a suggestion, affected and limited by my MD experience so far.

Edited by Ravenstrider

[quote name='Ravenstrider' timestamp='1283618047' post='67669']
And I for one would like to posses any kind of inner magic doc since I'm more interested in those then the WP spells... So, yes, it would matter, especially if it was to be combined with something else...
[/quote]
Yes, that's what I mean. One single doc doesn't give much information. Of course, there's also the chance of someone making 25 alts just to get a bunch of docs.

I give you ^5 for trying, you're doing better than I am >>

[quote name='Ravenstrider' timestamp='1283618047' post='67669']
(The second idea was to scale the exp loss down, so it would be 10% from the percentage loss on mp5... So it would be scaled two times, to fit mp4 exp cap + multiply it by 0.05 or 0.10 Uh... Not sure if I can frase this correctly without explaining detailed... doesn't matter anyway... )
[/quote]

If any xp loss had been implemented at mp4, I personally would never have risen to mp5, because it's somewhat more convenient to stay low, even given a 20-fold increase in regen ritual use. So, I say no to the idea; it would be bad for MD, limiting new mp5 members.

I do support removing skilldamage, because it keeps people running from the strong players. But something should be done to prevent abuse of extra XP, the reason skilldamage was instituted in the first place. I propose that, when over 1000 losses under balance, counting extra xp would count as if the player were at exactly 1000 under, effectively capping the extra xp.