Creature Species

Udgard

So, since no one started the topic yet, I guess I'll start one.

I have some concerns on the new species grouping of draches, windies and the premium draches.

Quite simply, at the moment there are 4 types of different drachs, but the limit is 3. That means there will be no way to put one each of them in the same ritual :P Is it possible to change the rules a bit?

While directly raising the number limit to 4 will cause too much boost, maybe dividing the sub-types of draches could work instead. Considering how the GG drach and the windy is more the damage type, while the rusty and rein is the support/boost type, maybe a separate species for them could work? Like, 2 limit for damage drach species, and 2 limit for support drach species. After all, draches without boosters is not that much stronger compared to normal creatures, and adding one more limit to a damage drach won't unbalance them much =\

Um.. yeah, that's from me. Overall though, I like the concept and it certainly will bring more flavour to the combat system.

Please post your own feedbacks of the new system :)

The main idea was:drachs are drachs. They are strong. They boost a loot! They need to be "weaken" in some way. Besides...how many have Winds? They are more a collection crit.
There are way too few crits in the game to have subspecies. Maybe in time we'll have them...

Why are the archers 4? Because it is an attempt to "catch" the boost of the drachs. If it will work or not...I don't know. We'll see.

umm i have to point this out

The Wind Dragon (have to say i never heard it beeing called a dragon) is actuatly
a mutated GG Drac. It has to be of the same species in that is was born of a GG Drac.
I will not say more of the Mutaed drac as i am sure it is some sort of spoiler

The rusy and rein well they are also drac so if you are limited to 3 i dont really see
the issue to be honest it just meens you have to choose the drac's you want to use.

its official name is wind DRAGON and not drachorn.
and i must highly disagree with u yrth. some stupid example ...lets see...if human is killed and bitten by a vampire he becomes a vampire as well and isnt human anymore. the gg drachorn died in the mutation just like the human who going to become a vampire.

Lifeline is right, it is called a Wind Dragon.

But regardless, in my eyes, the wind is a drachorn... and so he should be grouped with this species. What does the creatureboost of wind "dragons" do? It boosts other drachorns. If you want Wind Dragons to be another species, then you have to change it so that their creatureboost only affects dragons. It's more preferable to me to keep it the way it is.

Awi

I believe that species is a very good addition and will make battles a lot more interesting

My opinion is that three drachorns are more than enough in a ritual, no matter the kind
(it might even need to go to 2 in the future in order to balance their effect)

3 drachs is okay imo, what i don't really understand is the decision to group lores and heres together and allow them 4 times...

I mean, yeah, 3 bps and a token archer are still lamer than a drachie with 2 rusts, but it still doesn't sound like a sensible solution to me.

Also, i think grouping santa and unholy priest together is not exactly interesting, they have nothing in common... and 'any' group doesn't sound too bright, really xD

I rather think that the priests should get their own group with 3 as usual, and maybe a group 'christmas' should be opened for santa and nutcracker^^

What else?...
I'd love to see jokers and dream mutations in seperate groups, mainly because i can't set my beloved carnival rit anymore :))

I see 2 separate thoughts in Mur's announcement
1. First :
[quote]
The purpose of this grouping is to encourage more mixed rituals and avoid having rituals of the same creature that boost themselves way to much.
By limiting max number of creature that could boost each other in a ritual, the boost will also be much lower and will make more sense.
[/quote]

For this, I agree, having all 3/4 dracs in a group is a good thing.
But will surely contradicts itself when grouping LR and heretics as these 1 kind of crits (normal & special) does not interact with the other kind (normal or special) as I know of.

2. Second :
[quote]
The ritual creation restrictions will be made based on the species of the creature. In this way, more creatures that are similar kind but are different actual creature, will be considered as the same type in the ritual creation rules. The grouping is not based on type of attack or land.
[/quote]

Sure, you can propose / like / prefer any grouping. The only problem is that grouping crits of different kind, will only limit their possible uses.

I would suggest to group normal & special crits for the ones that exist and let the other to be alone.