Ban Appeal

apophys

"Jail reason: you took an item i sent for test to an other player. 3 days jail."

Master Hitoshi (alt of Mcvitie's shadow) accidentally pasted an ITC into the general chat of the Marble Dale Park. He made no effort to clear the chat to cover his mistake.

Naturally, I rushed over to Willow's to be the first to pick it up. When I did, I noticed that it's a box of rainbow candies, and that it's usable! Oh, goody. His loss is my gain.

I come back to the Park and gloat. Then I study the item more in detail. I use it - it creates another item, a rainbow candy! How cool! I gain over 300 heat in the process of creation.

Next thing I see, I'm in jail. The box is gone.

... I still have the candy. :3

I didn't do anything wrong, so could I have my (Jail) tag removed? I don't care much for the ban itself (it's only 3 days), but the tag is permanent.

Edit: to be clear, I only saw the announcement AFTER already being jailed.

Edited by apophys

I am witness to this.

I can confirm that yes, Hitoshi did drop the code when trying to paste something else. I apologize, for I do not have logs, but, my word is truthful.

And yes, everything that Apophys has stated is correct.

• Root Admin

I know its unfortunate, But isnt it a little mean immediately stealing something from someone who didnt mean to post it?

as you said, you ran there because you saw an mp3 had mistakenly pasted the item.

most friendly people would clear it, but you had to steal it... sadly it seems to be your nature, similar to asking for granos's crits.

• Root Admin

considering you didnt took it from where i posted it, so you ddint took it from me directly, you can get out tomorrow.

why tomorow?

i guess we will never know.

the actual bad thing is that people that get once to jail will suffer a lot more if they get there next time .. so...i hope this to be a funny incident (afterall visiting prison for free is fun if it is one day) ... and i hope i will never use the ban on you again for whatever reason.

p.s. because...
p.p.s. because you should remember not to try to take something unless you are sure its a gift otherwise its is still atempt to steal .. normaly not punished but if you are unlucky and you do this when i look at it...bad luck!

keep the cookies, they are tasty

[quote name='Chewett' date='02 August 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1280786633' post='64979']
as you said, you ran there because you saw an mp3 had mistakenly pasted the item.

most friendly people would clear it, but you had to steal it... sadly it seems to be your nature, similar to asking for granos's crits.
[/quote]
a) If you'd like to read the announcements, and perhaps make a few assumptions, then you will discover that the account in question is an alt, not some newb MP3 who just got their first item. I know you're not discussing this fact, but on the off chance that you have come to a different conclusion, I thought I would attempt to enlighten you.
b) Two seperate actions do not show the complete nature of a person. For one, it's quite reasonable to ASK for Granos' creatures, though perhaps he should've been a bit more private about it. Secondly, if I am reading apophys' post correctly, he seems to have believed that the code was posted intentionally, and then learned later that it was not.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='03 August 2010 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1280823373' post='64998']
a) If you'd like to read the announcements, and perhaps make a few assumptions, then you will discover that the account in question is an alt, not some newb MP3 who just got their first item. I know you're not discussing this fact, but on the off chance that you have come to a different conclusion, I thought I would attempt to enlighten you.
b) Two seperate actions do not show the complete nature of a person. For one, it's quite reasonable to ASK for Granos' creatures, though perhaps he should've been a bit more private about it. Secondly, if I am reading apophys' post correctly, he seems to have believed that the code was posted intentionally, and then learned later that it was not.
[/quote]

Thank you pip for telling me infomation that i was already priviy to. Just so that you know i:

A) did join the dots and that it was Mcvities account, But i mentioned it was an mp3 as apophys mentioned in the mood panel "i thought it was just a stupid mp3" and "i ran to get the item before anyone else"
B) Surpringly i dont judge someones whole charcter on one or two events. But thank you for worrying about my opinions of others :P

[b][size="2"]Hehe, U're not guilty Apophys..

The only mistake u did was..Copied and pasted the code extremely too fast Apo.. :P , i'm sure someone will got that either if it wasn't you,and yes they'll get into the jail too, Well what will u do when see any transfer code in public?
1st. The owner want to get rid off it,
2nd. U'll give it back if it was an accident BUT only if the previous owner want it back.. :P

And surely i'll did that also same as everybody elses "natural" sense of "code checking", well atleast u visiting the prison, kinda special occasion though..And jail tag? Cool..Will make u look more Badass! Raaawr![/size][/b] :P