Woodcutters Guild

i am writing to relay a message from another MD account, who does NOT have a forum account.

Eager Beaver - the beaver has its home in loreroot and naturally they chop down trees.

all i was asked to pass on as a message however was simply

"Gnooo!!"

• Root Admin

Here are the people accepted to start the woodcutters guild:

[b]Necromancer Mortis
Laphers
AeonWolfX
marleybob
Sasha Lilias (currently in jail, woodcutters job should be considered rehabilitation work for a while :P )
The Warrior[/b]

One of you will be made initial leader JUST SO HE CAN SEND INVITES TO ALL OTHERS. the leader will be decided among you or simply decided by the loyalty score. I will do that as soon as all the tools are done.

Currently i still need to do a tool for gathering tree bark and resin, the others are done.
Also, i am not sure if you create more tools or fewer tools than the guild member count.

If you have in mind any map location to set your headquarters i might experiment with automated item distribution (like the test items in wasps totem!). The feature is there and it could be used nice. (not the hut outside MB please, that one i want for the gardener guild)

once one of you gets in the ally please invite the rest.
What i expect from you is that you will develop a strategy, an internal code of work that you will respect and a way to train and introduce new members to the guild. Woodcutters are not mindless choppers.

This guild will have a slight advantage over the others because it will start gathering first but that is not a real issue. Please feel free to share your opinion about the numbers i set, like reuse interval of the tool, amount of resources in a location, number of people in the guild, stats bonus of the guild etc.

please post name suggestions for other tools you might use to gather the resources described in the announcement

Edited by Muratus del Mur

[quote name='Chewett' date='11 August 2010 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1281544590' post='65791']
wait a moment.

No, im very sorry there, it seems she has a different alt. I take that back :P

So, My question is, Why is Lunar Priestess in this alliance merely moments after being formed?
[/quote]

she applied and i didn't see any reason not to let her in. i was at the time leader of the guild.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='10 August 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1281482903' post='65688']

Currently i still need to do a tool for gathering tree bark and resin, the others are done.
Also, i am not sure if you create more tools or fewer tools than the guild member count.

please post name suggestions for other tools you might use to gather the resources described in the announcement
[/quote]

Hoedad - a planting tool (Shouldn't woodcutters be concerned with making sure that we replace what we take?)
Lopper - trims branches off of a tree trunk
Chipper - takes branches and scrap wood and chips them into a mulch
Bark Spud - removes bark from tree
Drip Tap - for collecting sap

And some basic research that I found regarding sap collection:

To collect maple sap (for making maple syrup), a small hole is drilled into a living tree and a drip tap is installed which allows a small amount of sap extracted into a bucket which hangs from the tap.

Pine Sap is collected in a similar way and is used for mixing with paint as a thickener an to create resin artwork. Pine sap can also be used to create a natural chewing gum and a type of solvent like turpentine.

Rubber Tree Sap can be refined into natural rubber (latex).

Birch sap is high in Vitamin C and has been used to cure scurvy. It can also be boiled to create a tonic that is said to help arthritis. It can also be made into wine or beer.

Sap (various types) has also been used as an adhesive and for dressing wounds. Some have astringent properties and stop bacterial infections.

Gum arabic, derived from acacia tree sap, is used in gumdrops, marshmallows and other candies (also envelope & stamp gum) .

[quote name='Laphers' date='11 August 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1281562687' post='65837']
I would like to think that you meant that with the best of intentions but if you look at your suggestion from a school boy's sense of humour, you will realize how inappropriate that suggestion is.
[/quote]

Laphers said Apophys said Nut sack. :unsure:

Cutler

Nut grabbing is not allowed in Loreroot.

You pick at the nuts when the nuts are down but not when the nuts are still up.

You may have a nut sack for your nut picking but everyone is only allowed one nut sack.

Enemies are not allowed to touch your nut sack but is allowed to grab your nuts as the enemies are probably not LR citizens.

Please refer all questions on nut picking, nut grabbing, colour of nut sack and any relateded nut questions to the King personally, as he takes nut grabbing issues very seriously.

Thank you.

:P

• 3 months later...