Woodcutters

Firsanthalas

[quote name='CrazyMike' date='12 August 2010 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1281621887' post='65926']

Fact: The King wanted to speak with the leader and was answered with we are one.
If this is RL, and my staff said that, I would have chewed that person up and spit him out by the roadside. Dont start with some idealistic crap about diplomatic, polite and all that crap. That answer was crap and got a reply from the King that was abrupt. I would have understood if the King wanted to F that answer. His reply to me was restrained. It could have been worse.

[/quote]

Yes, and if you had done that then any worker's union worth the title would have ample material to slowly roast you over a spit.

Edited by Necromancer Mortis

[quote]I was traveling Loreroot just after 7:00 server time And the resources were still just as depleted as they were the previous day. It's now 20:45 and as of yet I see no changes in the resources. [/quote]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#696969"]
did you expect trees to grow in 5 min?
sorry but it's [u]not[/u] like that. it takes time, a lot of time...[/color][/font]

[quote name='Shemhazaj' date='12 August 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1281635445' post='65950']
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#696969"]
did you expect trees to grow in 5 min?
sorry but it's [u]not[/u] like that. it takes time, a lot of time...[/color][/font]
[/quote]

i believe hes referring to how mur said the resources would regenerate at 7;00 server time daily

[quote name='Necromancer Mortis' date='12 August 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1281631791' post='65942']
Yes, and if you had done that then any worker's union worth the title would have ample material to slowly roast you over a spit.
[/quote]

With respect, you are wrong there. If a union has a dispute, the entire union does not march into the boss or company. The union rep does that. When the company wants to engage with the union, they do so through the rep. In any structure there is a figurehead or spokesperson. You can call them a president, PrimeMinister, First Citizen, Leader, Commander in Chief, Spokesperson, whatever you like. Regardless of whether you are dealing with a democracy, dictatorship or communism there is a leading figure or spokesperson.
Despite what some people think, I do consult with other people in Loreroot about things. Currently that consists of Tarquinus, Amoran, Mya and Marvolo. These are the principle people in their alliances.** At some point it makes sense to include the Woodcutters, but you can't seriously expect that every single person within the Woodcutters are to be consulted about everything. There has to be one or two people that are consulted and then relay information back and speak for the others. At some point it will also be likely that we will have to include a spokesperson for the non-alliance/guild citizens of Loreroot.

As for the materials you harvest and produce, well that is entirely up to the Woodcutters guild themselves. Believe it or not, it is my understanding that the guild are fully responsible for that, even if it results in depleting the resources constantly.

However, the guild being subject to take-overs or arguments that spill over and the results of which can have a negative impact on Loreroot, well that is my business.

Put yourself in my shoes for 5 minutes. Mur appoints you, Mortis, as the leader, before I even speak to you, there is a new leader (we are talking loyalty ratings here. I know the system you may decide to use to govern the alliance may be different, but the fact remains that the leader by loyalty can eject everyone from the alliance/guild. It is a serious matter).
There also seems to be some odd changes of personnel, including at least one person that wants to change which of their alts is in the alliance, if not two.
And added to all that there were rumblings that the guild and its members were like some independent entity within Loreroot.

Sorry, but from my point of view it was looking like a powderkeg waiting for a match. And I feel that if I simply stood back and said or did nothing at all then I was failing in my duties. You may disagree, but that is how I saw it and still do.

As for me being rude or abrupt....I wished to speak to you about what I considered to be a serious matter. Your main concern at the time seemed to be to get a win. It was very inspiring indeed.

Anyway, it is about time this conversation was put to bed and we move on and you get the Woodcutters up and running and performing its role. It is a new addition and one that I feel should really help MD and the community. Despite what anyone may think, I am not here to be a hindrance to you, I want the guild to thrive and be a success. If you feel that you can't talk to me for some reason there are other people in Loreroot that have experience in leading and running alliances and groups. Don't be afraid to call upon and use that experience.

Edit: ** At least they are for the moment due to factors like activity. There may be in fact other people that are more senior etc

Edited by Firsanthalas

The following might be completely wrong due to my lack of interest in certain ... [size="1"]RP[/size] areas of MD.

@Firsanthalas: take it easy.

Presently ... the "woodcutters" is a new ... thing. The ppl inside ... are kinda new to alliances, and some ... quite new in MD too.

Honestly ... I don't like you either, not that it really matters, but why would anyone want to talk to you and to consider you as a ... King if you act like this ?

You don't have that many powers over them, at least not brute force.

As you cannot force them to join LR kingdom by force, you should try to show them some diplomacy.

Do consider that making all this circus might not be in the interest of LR.

So : cooooool down

They will come to you when they need to.

PS: Disregard this post if I am completly wrong.

[quote name='No one' date='13 August 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1281700324' post='66031']
You don't have that many powers over them, at least not brute force.

As you cannot force them to join LR kingdom by force, you should try to show them some diplomacy.
[/quote]

Brute force? Force them to join?

They are [b]already[/b] a part of Loreroot. [b]By Default[/b]. He is not forcing them. He is merely enlightening them about the fact.

[quote name='No one' date='13 August 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1281700324' post='66031']

Do consider that making all this circus might not be in the interest of LR.
[/quote]

Wow. All the king does is say 'I'd like to talk to the woodcutters' and 'Organize your alliance' and PEOPLE of MD make it a circus. In the end who gets blamed? The king of Loreroot. Lovely.

PS: Disregard this post if I am completly wrong.
[/quote]

It's like... I slap Firs and then say, 'If my reasons for slapping you are completely wrong, then please disregard the slap'

Ok guys and girls, like I said earlier can we please put this to bed. Lets just let the Woodcutters be about their business and forget about pointing fingers.
I'll speak with anyone that wants to, even if it to have a go at me, but I think it is best kept off the forums.
The Woodcutters say they have their setup sorted and their main focus now should be organising themselves internally and fulfilling their role. So lets leave them to do that.

With the greatest respect No-one, you are kinda wrong and if you read my previous post you'd have seen that I just want to let things move on. Your post is kind of just inviting more of the same and therefore counter-productive to what you are trying to say. People being people, won't disregard something once it has entered their mind.

Personally I think we should close this topic before it derails completely.

• Root Admin

closed closed but i still feel i need to make a clarification here.

woodcutters belong to LR and YES that means it comes with citizenship and YES it means woodcutters need to respect the rules of the land and their king too.

You might see this as unfair because such a big advantage of controlling the guild that gathers such a resource comes to one single land... but you are missing the big picture here. Each land will have such an advantage somehow, because each gathering guild will belong to one or the other land.

This guild needs to belong to LR because the majority of this resource is located there and the purpose of the guild is not to consume it all but to understand the rules of the forest and gather it wisely. this means their interest should be with loreroot and not against it. Just imagine the guild belonging to necrovion and gathering wood resources in loreroot...

When the miners guild will be assigned to golemus, you will probably have all this arguing allover again.