Unachieved Simple Wishes

Muratus del Mur

1. Learn Language X and read Book Y in the original form
Why not: I'm already fluent in Dutch and English and proficient in French. I've forgotten most about Latin and Greek.
Why yes: clearly I am capable of learning languages.
Why: Translations are inferior; some languages allow or at least make certain thought patterns easier.

2. Write a book (create something new)
Why not: too busy, too chaotic to make something coherent of such size, too many stories that have been told by others better.
Why yes: my friends claim I have a good literary style (they might be lying though)
Why: I want to.

3. Refrain from commenting on other people's wishes listed above or below.
Why not: Curiose scares me. Go visit a doctor!
Why yes: all I should do is stop reading them.
Why: It feels appropriate to preserve sanctity.

1st wish: Reset the MD shop

why not: waiting for Christmas. Perhaps some things I unlocked will be the locations of new set of limited edition creatures, and it will make me waste less credits to buy them
why yes: I have enough credits and shop resets :D
why: I want new creature slots! :(

haha, let's be serious
2nd wish: Learn French
why not: it takes some time, which I do have but usually I want something else to do... and the lazy feel is there too.
why yes: I have time, and I think I won't have much issues with learning a new language
why: always wanted to learn French, it is a beautiful language, and I respect French's culture and history very much

3rd wish: Write a book, fictional world with realistic characters
why not: takes a LOT of time and research, fear of ultimately wasted time
why yes: I have enough time! :D
why: the feel of creating every detail of a fictional world always entertained me, it could be a never-ending pleasure for me, and in best case it could earn a buck or two

Hi! I'm Balcknights Dark hourse in MD
I love your contest wish me a good luck!
I'm clumpy with English so, be understandable

1) To make a gril friend on white christmas.
Why not I usually have relationship with girls for a short-term. Spetially, I didnt have a girl friend on christmas
I even dont know white chiristmas wii be coming
Why yes I spend time with a girl friend before it was fantastic night..
Why I expect more thing to do for my partner. Unfortunatly, I dont have a girl friend this seoson
So i keep trying to go out ....

2) To have better life : immigrate New zeland
Why not I've been saving up but i conldnt find a way what kind of job i can get in NZ. I'm still thinking it over
Why yes I've been there in NZ for degree. that place is good for fishing
Why So stressful sometimes in my country. it's really busy life they always say'hurry up'

3) To be the strongest in MDA world
Why not I'm a kind of newbie (Mp3) busy : get to know about the game
Why yes What if i become the best player I'm willing to defeat Mur, oneday
Why I'd like to know more player. make friends. do quest spetially i like to get wishpoint.

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]1. Tour Europe on horseback.
why not: I have young children at home and the trip would take longer than is feasable to leave them with someone.
why: I'm still young enough to be able to handle the journey and the cost would not be overly great.
because: A dream that I've always had to see the rural countryside of Europe.

2. Achieve balance in MD.
why not: I spend much of my time helping instead of fighting.
why: I could silently grind in some corner until I am balanced.
because: It would be one less thing to constantly struggle with and weigh on my mind.

3. I'm with dst on my 3rd one. Hire a housekeeper!
why not: I really have no excuse not to do it myself.
why: I hate doing housework.
because: Contrary to popular belief, having children does not mean you have live-in housekeepers. Especially when they are boys :P I'd love a self-cleaning toilet and self-folding laundry :))[/font][/color]

I liked a lot of these.

[u]First:Get a Job![/u]

Why:I need money for various things and I hate having to depend on others.

Why not: I honestly don't know, I have plenty of motivations but I always tend to make excuses, (biggest excuse is all the blank space on the previous employer section-seeing as how I'm 22 and never had a paying job)

[u]Second: Not to become a homeless person[/u]

Why: the last two years I've been kicked out of the places I was staying shortly after Thanksgiving because of my lack of trying to find a job.

Why not: I'm currently living with my father and hoping that we can get along well enough for him not to kick me out on the street.

[u]Third: I want to be a Writer or Psychiatrist[/u]

Why: I love writing stories and poetry I also love helping people with all their issues.

Why not: I've never managed to finish a single story I've started, I get wrapped up in the details and lose the plot. Being a Psychiatrist costs money for schooling and many years of schooling depending on what kind you want to be.

Edited by Darigan

1. To feel like a child again
[b]Why Not:[/b] With the world as it is, it's not practical for an adult to behave as a child
[b]Why Yes:[/b] Why should I care about the practicality?
[b]Why? :[/b] For reasons I'd rather not go into here, I missed out on a childhood that most experience, I want in some way to get that back

2. Visit every country/continent
[b]Why Not:[/b] Money mostly, but also time, next 3 years is uni, I'd want to work for a while after that, by which point I'd likely have responsibilities that I couldn't just abandon for a year or two as I travelled.
[b]Why Yes:[/b] I can save money, and leave when I have enough (after uni), either limit my responsibilities or take them with me if I'm able.
[b]Why? :[/b] I want to see, to know everything that's out there to know. A compulsion would probably be the best way to describe it.

3. I might get back to....

Edited by Grido

1) get a gf
why not, far to shy
why yes, i am a good person
why, do i need to explain this?

2) write my own book
why not, not a good writer
why yes, i really like to write (see my papers)
why, i like fantasy stories but non are from dutch/belgian writers

3) i'll get to this later

1) To have a fire poll or a slide from the top floor of my house to the bottom
Yes - Its only a matter of money.
No - Pricey and makes re-selling nigh on impossible.
Why - Speed, fun, flash.

2) To live the mundane as a musical
Yes - I've been seen dancing in supermarkets and singing in HMV. Its very possible.
No - People will get out the straight jacket, and having a tantrum on the floor causes disruption.
Why - Letting loose that impulse.

3) To see people I love more
Yes - All it takes is a bit of action.
No - The more they see me, the more they see that snap in me, maybe they'll love me less. I'm horridly lazy also, and money.
Why - I miss them.

Z

Edited by (Zl-eye-f)-nea

To learn some conjuror/illusionist tricks.
Yes: They amaze me, and any book could teach you the common ones.
No: I'm a too clumsy, my hands are made for bigger stuff. I don't really have time for training them.
Why: Because it's a simple way to make somebody smile.

1 - Become more patient
Yes - Just needs some focus
No - I'm horrible at focus
Why - I've grown impatient with my impatience

2 - Solve my Rubik's Cube in under 30 seconds (consistently)
Yes - Need to memorize more OLL/PLL and work on look-ahead (in other words; last layer technique and prediction of what comes next, overall doesn't take too much effort)
No - When I solve currently, I either use a different method for fun, or solve without thinking (see pattern -> execute moves) rather than working on look-ahead (see pattern -> execute moves while watching for what to do next)
Why - Personal goal I guess, I doubt I'd enter any tournaments or anything

3 - Read more
Yes - I've read less and less, I miss it really
No - Distracted by other things, also don't have any super good books
Why - Intellectual challenge in some cases, or simply good writing in most.

1) Learn to ride a horse
Yes - hippodrome's not that far away and I could just ask my parents...
No - I might break or at least harm the poor creature + it's pretty expensive + lack of time
Why - One of the few childhood dreams...

2) Learn archery
Yes - It's not that hard to get a bow and a few arrows...
No - I might accidentally harm something.
Why - Curiosity....

3) Not sure...

1~ To be happy
why not- because every time I'm happy, whatever makes me happy goes away,
or i think about the future and become sad...
why yes- There are lots of things that make me happy
why- because being happy makes me a fun person and happiness is awesome

2~ To do well is school
why not- because the harder i work, the more i want to stop working and go on magic duel or go outside
why yes- Because everyone else has done well, and so should I
why- Doing well in school lets you have a better job and more successful life

3~ To die painlessly
why not- because the reason you die usually causes pain
why yes- i might be sleeping, or be on so many pain medicines that it doesn't hurt
why- I have watched too many movies, and i hate pain

• Root Admin

1 - Finish my Robot
I really want to finish my Autonomous Robot
Why yes - it would be an achievement to finally fulfill it,
Why no - i would probably become bored of it quickly, and i have had fun making it

2 - removed

3 - Find a job where i can bring someone happiness
Why Yes - working in a school of some kind, or perhaps out in africa doing something based on my skills
Why No - no real reason, Lack of effort sofar

Edited by Chewett

want to bring back age of sail.
yes possible - oil is limited resource
why can't - nuclear powered engines
why - adventure

want to create my own MMORPG
yes possible - have friends who can
why can't - i want it totally free to play.
why - fun.

want to play MD along with lord life line
why can't - Murmuss, Murdom
yes possible - Its council members.
why - he is my King, i don't want him to leave.

Edited by Tipu

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Ok, here is a list of people i will reward. [b]Each gets one WishPoint[/b] but i am not sure right now who should get the reindrach. I will open the topic again and I will ask the ones i name below to tell me what do THEY think it was the one wish that convinced me to reward them. Don't invent new wishes, just name the one from what you already wrote. Write it again don't just say a number please. Based on that i will decide who gets the Reiny.

Awiiya
Indyra
dst
Marvolo
Lintara
Chewett

Those that wonder why they didn't won.. first of all it was a question about what you CAN do but you don't. I eliminated all that made wishes that didn't depend on them. The ones selected got selected because one particular wish i liked, not all. This is a very subjective decision , and it should be one. Afterall it is my own private quest so i can be as subjective as i wish to be :)

Someone will contact you about the rewards, or assign them directly. might be Curiose (hired her on temporary time, see forum topic about it), or it might be someone from the new tribunal treasure keepers i am trying to assamble.

Thank you all for participating, regardless how i considered your wishes it was very interesting to see what other people could wish for.

On Behalf of Mur, those who have won have received their WPs.

For those who have won: Please remember to PM Mur with what you think which wish of yours made him convinced to reward you. Please just write out the one wish again, thank you.

Edited by Curiose

• 2 weeks later...

[center][size="4"]Attention Unachieved Simple Wishes Winners:[/size][/center]

You have until [b]The End of the Year*[/b] to state which Wish you thought convinced Mur to give you the Wishpoint. If you do not do this, you will no longer be eligible for the Reindrach. Simply C/p the wish in a response to the forum-- NO PMs, please.

This was written on behalf of Mur.

*To be clear, Mur has stated that he would like this to end by the 3rd of January.

Edited by Curiose

2 - run in the park naked ( mostly any action that would the society blame and be shocked on a regular basis - this is the best example i could came with)
why not : cause of society
why yes: cause i actually can , the park is 5 minutes walk , and it would be wild to feel free of all restrictions
why? : it would be wild to feel free of all restrictions

3. Return a moonstone that I stole from a girl as a 7 year old.
why not: I'm not sure where the rock is in the house, it would be hard to find her.
why yes: it's achievable because with a week of searching I could probably find it (I hid it away). I would have to travel to get it though.
why: it's the first thing I ever felt guilty for in my entire life - the first time I've done something that I realized later was wrong. A mark in my moral development. I wanted to return it at the time, but didn't find a way.

3)This is silly but...I want to hire a housekeeper
why yes:I have the money
why not: I need to find one (it's not that easy in RO or I don't have the right connections)
why:less and less free time and I hate to use it to clean the house, do the laundry or iron my cloths...

Meh...

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for responding, those who did.

For those who did state which Wish, you each get a Reindrach. For those who did not respond, Mur has stated the following:

Because you have not chosen which wish you thought was best, you do not get the reward.

My Apologies to those who did not respond. For those who did, I will be sending you a Forum PM with the CTC.

Never mind what I said earlier, I have time, so you all will get the CTC in a Forum PM.

Edited by Curiose