Activity days

Groundnuts

• Root Admin

the math makes sense, But i have no clue how you have managed to gain one AD over your starting time. Very intresting.

perhaps you registred on the dot of the next day, and it gave you the AD but didnt count as joining until later perhaps... Its very intresting. I might do a test on it if im at a comp at 10 GMT tonight

I initially thought that there's a cap or limit to activity days(which doesn't makes sense I know) so never really bothered with it. But after half a day or so it turned back into 100%. I think it's due to server lag or something.

P.S.
I can't show any evidence I had the 100%+ AD because, like I said, I didn't pay any attention to it and I missed a couple of days of activity.

[color="#696969"][font="Trebuchet MS"]This account was opened on (DD.MM.YYYY H:M): 07.01.2011 07:09[/font][/color]

I believe I did have 200% (2 out of 1) once. I logged off shortly after I registered, and only started actually playing on the second day, until today. Don't know what I had on the first day.

• Root Admin

Might have a reason after thinking about it.

It depends how it counts it. Imagine you created your account just before the next day. Then you got the current days AD, and then the next one. Then you account would only be a couple hours old, but you had 2 AD

If the max AD is counted using when you registered, Then it makes sense that you can have more active days, because depending when you started you can of had more or less AD than your account age.

Anyone else got this bug?

I can explain this error, because I had it for my first 70 AD (because I logged on every day).

The second number refers to the number of days completed whereas the first number refers to the number of days started. The first number is based on original time on entry, whereas the second number is based on server time.

If you join MagicDuel at server time 06:00, the first 18 hours will register as 1 out of 0 active days. 18 hours later at server time 00:00, it becomes 1 out of 1 active days. 6 hours later at 06:00 it becomes 2 out of 1 active days. So long as you logon every single day, you can remain over 100%. After missing a full single day, you can then still have 100% active days until server time 00:00.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

• Root Admin

Yeah, so as i thought.

So to answer your initial question yes it is possible, and may indeed be a small bug.

So iv moved this topic to Bug reports, But i doubt it would change because its such a small bug. Call it a feature!

• Root Admin

hehe..it is a bug in the sense that it wasn't intended, but since its not causing any harm and leaves the possibility of using it as an achievement, Rendril is right. However, i think the display should be fixed. It should say actually 100%+ not 105% or so, and maybe link it to activate an achievement or something. Thanks Rumi for the explenation, it makes sense.

There are other things with higher priority than this so it remains up to Rendril when or IF this will be done.

I agree with Shadowseeker.

What about the aged(according to AD) players who missed a couple of days or just missed one just like me.

I would reconsider if there's like a monthly achievement called "Most Active for the Month *enter month*" or there is a way you can increase your AD but my first suggestion is more likely to be implemented.

Anyway please consider us(aged players who missed a day or two) before going through with that achievement.

May all of us be guided.

~Luc

Why not quarterly activity appreciation giveaway - for activity in the last quarter? Nothing really big - nowhere near Christmas; but the tiny chance of getting some special crit would add a flavour; 2-day-old players (well, including myself if quarterly activity was measured) would not have unfair advantage

Just to state, as far as I see Mur's opinion on the matter, Active days of a player will never be increased or decreased, aside from logging in daily to gain one each day

Having a month/quarterly thing sounds good though, if only for an arbitrary prize, rather than a "real" one

[color="#696969"][font="Trebuchet MS"]Activity days: 100% (A total of 27 out of 25 days)[/font][/color]

Well, now I have 2 days over max like xrieg's. I think since the percentage is altered to cap at 100%. :rolleyes:

Paid attention to it the whole day, from server time 03:00+ till right now at 17:00+, always 27 out of 25 never changed (I registered at 07:09). Not that I'm complaining on anything though, I like keeping it. :cool:

• 3 months later...

It's minor but weird... The difference of 2 days I may explain - but now I get:
Activity days: 100% (A total of 141 out of 138 days)
and 3 days I cannot
It seems to indicate either some run-time glitch that happened - or a bug (hence reporting it even though it's minor)
PS It may also be a sign of appreciation the quality of the time I spend MD... somehow doubt it though :-P

• 7 months later...