• Days Won

Ungod last won the day on January 3 2022

Ungod had the most liked content!

Profile Information

• Playername
    @thereal Ungod

Recent Profile Visitors

8,507 profile views
  1. Format changed, but the event was run; I'm sorry for death ray, but...timezones. (As a note, Ledah quickly disrupted the 'truth or lie' judgement for his story with a famous conundrum I had forgotten about and I am mentioning his craftiness here as a warning)
  2. idk, 19:00 or 20:00 or even 21:00 ST i'll start sounding the alarm with 19:00 ST
  3. Let's play this in 4, then...with a reduction in rewards tomorrow, in the evening?
  4. Alright, with my cold getting better (hopefully), I can run the other event I was planning, namely a (mostly friendly) competition where being a good liar is rewarded. This is a team sport and I was thinking of 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4; in other words, at least 6 participants are needed. the goal is simple - to make your opponent's team misjudge your story. The story has to have happened in MD, even if it...never did. In other words, you must either 1) provide a real story that seems like a lie, or 2) create a false story that seems to be true. After one of the participants tells their story, the opposite team asks questions about it for about 3 mins, then they deliberate and call your story 'true' or 'BS'. If they got it wrong, you (and your team) wins! The rewards include: a pool of 10g to distribute among winners and losers, 2 weeks Death Patrol immunity & pack of 5 research clues for the winner team, 1 week Death patrol immunity and weather&silvertongue spellstones for the loser's team, as well as some crits I will not disclose now. I'd like this to run in a few days from now, but we need to confirm the number of players. Write in this topic your name if you wish to participate; also (important!) if your story is a TRUE story, send me the details, because I will preside the whole show and I need to know
  5. Team Turtle started strong, but in the second half of the run, their dice luck ran out...eventually, team Hare won the race! Congratulations to all, and thanks for playing!
  6. Ungod

Meta

hah! the gaming meaning really fits what Roblox is doing with their business model, preying on kids but the fact they're considered as candidates with their platform for the metaverse is just...insane?
  7. Ungod

Meta

I always called metacognition as 'the self that regulates other selves'; I think that a revelation is working similarly, although a revelation/nirvana/satori moment may be extended to bringing into the consciousness what is hidden in the subconscious. Your definition of meta is obviously not shared by these guys...they take the literal meaning of ''beyond'' or ''superior'' and I can't really see how it's above the reality we experience currently.
  8. Ungod

Meta

hey, i don't mind that, but i was giving myself a couple more years...used to be you were in your 40's when you felt 'too old for this or that'
  9. Ungod

Meta

The only word I knew with meta in it was metaphysics, but I got out of my cave these days to stretch a little and I kept hearing 'metaverse, metaverse' everywhere. It was quiet in my cave, never heard it being shouted. I kinda knew about 'internet 3.0', but with my nil interest in VR stuff, I let it sleep...and slept as well. I am curious about this whole thing, does anyone have some kind of insight to share? (my reaction was 'i'm too old for this s***, better get back to my cave') Also heard Fb changed names, roblox is a game people actually play...I know what you're all thinking ''Be more active, Ungod, you're really showing your ignorance'', but...I've looked at that Roblox stuff. It's fugly. Then I went to read a bit on it and guess what? As of August 2020, Roblox had over 164 million monthly active users, with it being played by over half of all children aged under 16 in the United States. Wtf. Seriously, W.T.F. Any point in sticking around for 'the next phase' or should I pack my toys and get the f out?
  10. I heard there's a cache of goods on Mt Kelle'tha, ready for the taking! Problem is, it's guarded by an infamous drachorn and itcan be defeated only by a team of well-read players... This is a team event in which 2 teams will form a caravan and travel all the way to the summit of Mt kelle'tha, by rolling dice. 2 dice rolled, one scene at a time, fastest team wins. The caveat is, of course, the skipped turns. A caravan will skip a turn if rolling <5 or if it fails to answer a trivia question in 30 secs. Trivia will be served at each fork in the road or if the opponent team rolls its lucky number (which will be chosen by each team, at the beginning of the game, for the entirety of the game). The prizes: a pool of 12g to distribute among winners and losers, trip to Angien's shrine for winners and to GWI for losers, 1 Santa for each of the winners, 1 teleport to PC spellstone for each non-winner; also 1 reindrach for most trivia questions answered. Additional prizes may be rewarded. Sign up in this thread, writing down your name and the team you want to be in: team Hare, team Tortoise (or you can write 'don't care, you choose'). Sign up closes on the 22nd, when we'll decide date and hour for the event. Anything I forgot to mention, ask away.
  11. This isn't a quest per se, but it fits Murmas This is about a exchange of sorts: doodle a Santa with a certain emotion and receive a letter from the said Santa (done via forum). For example, if you draw a happy Santa, you'll get a happy letter from a Happy Santa. Drawing a drunk Santa will get you...something unintelligible. All letters are personal and unique (btw, drunk is not an emotion, I know, but you'll receive a letter written in a cheerful tone, with lots of mistakes in it) Not really a quest, but you still have to do something to get something. Draw and post in this thread (also, write the emotion underneath it so the right Santa responds) until the 25th.
  12. this might explain why some get at that checkpoint in a matter of days and others need years, setting themselves up (circling around) for reaching it. A feeling that is not right or not ripe will not let you get there however, your existence is linked to those checkpoints, reached or not, they're always in your mind and your behavior, it's just a difference between ''fulfilled'' and ''incomplete'' - you're destined to roam on that map forever y'know, i think some things are better left misunderstood/not understood staying in the dark of a thought like ''there's no meaning to life, it's all a battle'' is no good, but then again, how's this thought of ''i'm just dragging my ass around a map of possibilities, having some form of free will, but knowing that the winners are decided by the system anyway''? i like this discussion because, as you say, emotions are that illogical, unaccountable thing that may alter paths. it's a thought to hold since logic is too cold and, ultimately, irrational