A true Merry Christmas

Laphers

In light of some of the topics that have been created about Christmas this year I thought it would be appropriate to have a topic where people who have something positive to share about Christmas can do so.

Please feel free to thank Mur, quest creators, people who did something during the Christmas season (or the past year) that made it special for you.

If your Christmas in MD wasn't great, I'm sorry that you didn't have a great Christmas but please keep your comments to the positive in this thread.

I'll go first:

I would like to start off by saying thank you to Mur for putting up the tree and gifts again this year.

Next I would like to thank Mur and/or Rendril for fixing the extra heat slot gift. It worked great this year.

To whoever played Confused Santa this year, thank you for giving of your time to play that role. (I missed it personally but it sounds like it was a lot of fun for those who were present)

There was an announcement recently stating that there has been a council rotation so I would like to say thank you to those who serve(d) on council and try to make MD run a bit smoother for us all.

I'd like to thank the person behind Santa for the awesome job he did. I heard he made fun of me a few times... I'm gunna have to talk to him about that but, it was all in good fun. :D I think...

And to Rendril, BFH(for his Christmas Quests), and All you other people that made it a fun christmasy month! :D

I would like to thank Mur, Rendril, and whoever became Confused Santa for all the hard work they put into making this Christmas happen. Christmas with Magicduel had a huge influence in making my holiday enjoyable. Overall, despite the hiccups, I feel that this year was a job well done. Thank you.

I would like to thank everyone who did my contest, and everyone who was gift giving as well as getting. Thanks to BFH for the fun contests and all the Holiday contests, Thanks to Eon for talking with me via forums and thanks for the very interesting creature called "gift" that Santa gave me.

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I would like to thank Mur and Confused Santa.[/font][/color]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]This Christmas has been the most horrible time in my life. These two gave me a tiny, shiny moment during a very dark time. You can't even begin to imagine how that helped.[/font][/color]

I would like to personally thank BFH for his entertaining Christmas events, some were unusual, most were unfair but all were fun. Thank you again BFH for giving us a Christmas to remember.

I would also like to extend my gratitude to the MD community itself. Christmas is a time to be shared and enjoyed and without the community, there would have been nobody to cherish this special day with. Thank you everyone.

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1324932774' post='98699']
I'd like to thank the person behind Santa for the awesome job he did. I heard he made fun of me a few times... I'm gunna have to talk to him about that but, it was all in good fun. :D I think...

And to Rendril, BFH(for his Christmas Quests), and All you other people that made it a fun christmasy month! :D
[/quote]

Cut the cra*. One of the persons playing it was you.

Hmm where do I start. Finally a good topic.

I would like to start with thanking Zleiphneir. Few people know the true extent of this mans friendship. Being a strange and lazy goatboy is a nice front for the more intelligent man with words. My best friend in MD (yes i know its twisted to kill your own best friend), but also a main reason why I think some vets stick around. Its friends like these that keep us to the game, because honestly the game itself has lost most of its flavor of the "good ol' days".

I would like to thank whoever (i imagine Mur) came up with the idea for Confused Santa. This being my 3rd Christmas as Phantasm, it was by far the best. Like others have said, actual interaction with someone who wanted to give out gifts was far better then clicking buttons. I still enjoy the presents under the tree. They have always been, and always will be good additions to those who are ACTIVE enough to deserve them. Even Active Days doesn't always mean active members in the community, and I think this year that fact was really targeted.

I would like to thank DST, Seigheart, and all those other villains out there. I can't really think up anything good to say about you all, just figured being Christmas time should include the bad people :P

I would like to thank the few in MD who really keep the game in its proper perspective. With all the "resources" and other things, many times this game seems to have turned into a horder game. Like most other FTP games its turned into 'who can have the most stuff and make everyone else look like jackasses, then tell them they are jackasses and hold the stuff up in front of them laughing'. The result is people like the Eon conglomerate, Seigheart's "position of power", Shape Shifter (in earlier times), and so on. Most of the value of what MD was founded and built upon by the vets before us is gone, and a new value of MD has arrived. Gold and Silver. Simple as that, its now a build em up game to see who can be the richest.

I would like to thank Sagewoman. For more reasons to state, and some not proper for public statement:P

I would like to thank everyone who puts work into the actual coding, ideas, and progress in MD. Though some of us don't always agree with the progress, it is still movement. Nothing is worse then a stagnant game, and at times it seemed MD was doomed, only to have movement rush at us with full speed. Rendril and I'm sure others, that have been added to help have made mass improvements and changes to the game this past year.

[quote name='Laphers' timestamp='1324932230' post='98697']
In light of some of the topics that have been created about Christmas this year I thought it would be appropriate to have a topic where people who have something positive to share about Christmas can do so.
[/quote]

Excellent topic!
Thanks to everyone who is reading this, and those that may not be, but still have a presence in the MD realm in some form or fashion. We all make this one of the best darn "online games" out there, in my opinion. You are too numerous and varied to mention in even an epic tome-worth of pictures, (which are 1000 words each!?! ;) ).

I also loved seeing the minor "irritation" of having to scroll my browser down a lot to keep up with chat, because the list of active people at the GoE was so long! It really reminded me that MD is what is is because of the community of players. I sometimes see less of them because of idle hours, but knowing there's this whole world of people in the realm beyond my usual haunts, makes me smile deep in my heart.

Thanks and Happy Holydays[sic] MD!

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1324973491' post='98743']

Cut the cra*. One of the persons playing it was you.
[/quote]

Dst, I believe you are in the wrong topic, this one is for good, enjoyable, merry and happy stuff.
If you want to do the opposite, I think there are some other topics out there that fit that mood perfectly

;)

SANTA do u think u can get away with my stone :angry:.
Next Xmas i shall be there waiting for u...HE HE HE ...

Demon king i hate u but now a merry merry Xmas and a happy new yr to u and ur family :D .

And guys don't forget the council members even thou they r useless they r part of our team. so Merry Xmas and a happy new yr hehe.