Acidic bug

I haven't searched for any sort of creature that would take place of this creature but... The idea is simple. A high defence creature that shoots acid upon enemies which does Damage Over Time (dot).

Bio- This is a common bug that, while at birth, was stolen from Loreroot and taken to Necrovion for experimenting that lead to the discovery of its very useful acids. These acids can only function properly when fired from the bug, so there for is useless to extract it.

[u]Level 1- Infected Egg[/u]

Does absolutely nothing.
Stats.
Def- 50
Att- 1
Reg- 1

[u]Level 2- Poision Larva[/u]

Can target a single enemy creature and spew acid on it the does low amounts of damage but repeatedly over time.
Stats.
Def- 100
Att- 3
Reg-1

[u]Level 3- Acidic Bug[/u]

Can spew acid on an enemy which now deals moderate damage for slightly longer.
Stats.
Def- 175
Att- 5
Reg- 2

[u]Level 4- Monstrous Acidic Bug[/u]

Can spew acidic on multiple targets that deals moderate damage.
Stats.
Def- 250
Att. 8
Reg- 3

Obviously the stats can be changed. But this is the general idea. I'm sorry if this idea has already been mentioned or is already apart of the gameplay. The idea is not to exactly to change combat tactics, but to have one more creature for us to play with. :)

Edited by ColdSteel566

So basically, its like weaken in that it stacks up?

ie, the first turn the creature takes say 5 points of damage, then the second turn it takes 10 (5x2), and so on? If so, the acid also needs a duration, say creature level in turns (since first level is an egg, it will always have at least two turns of acid when able to use in combat).

• Root Admin

If it stops over time, Then essentially it just becomes an ability that "slowly charges up" the attack, until it reaches a point where its effect is stopping, but continuing.

I think some kind of creature that makes the longer a fight draw on, the more damage and therefore easier to win quite intresting.

[quote name='Chengmingz' timestamp='1326038371' post='100280']
Damage over time... interesting how this can work in MD. Should it have a natural attack and then damage over time on the side? Otherwise it would be just attacking but increasing power every turn.
[/quote]

That's the idea! :) The idea is, that at level one it would last say, 2 rounds, at level two, 3 rounds and at level three, 5 rounds. But, of course all these numbers and stats are changeable to make it more or less powerful as per decided by Mur. Also, there can even be more levels of the creature; those levels posted above are just a general guideline.

[quote name='Peace' timestamp='1326039456' post='100282']

It could but I do not think a butterfly is fitting for Necrovion.
[/quote]

Could you explain why Peace?

When I think of butterflies, a few things come to mind: a beauty often comprised of sharp angles and vibrant colors that would not suit other creatures, a apparent frailty that masks a surprising longevity and toughness (some species migrate thousands of miles, including long flights over ocean), probable toxicity, as well as the butterfly effect, so I think they are fitting.

There could be a reason they are not suitable that I have missed though.

[quote name='Ivorak' timestamp='1326140507' post='100319']
When I think of butterflies, a few things come to mind: a beauty often comprised of sharp angles and vibrant colors that would not suit other creatures, a apparent frailty that masks a surprising longevity and toughness (some species migrate thousands of miles, including long flights over ocean), probable toxicity, as well as the butterfly effect, so I think they are fitting.
[/quote]

Simple. Necrovion is a dark and ominous land, decorated with hanging corpses, and shady places. Necrovion is a place were the people betray their own.

I like the idee of the creature and I also like the butterfly idee actually.
Butterflies are sometimes also seen as cariers of the souls of those who died to the afterlife. So a black toxic butterfly would in my oppinion make perfect sence in necro.
But as an alternative a spider could also be used. Few creatures are related so closely to death as the black widow.

Edited by samon

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1326147833' post='100323']
But as an alternative a spider could also be used. Few creatures are related so closely to death as the black widow.
[/quote]

This, I like. But this would kind of kill the whole heavy defense thing. I originally pictured like a roach like creature. But this, I like. :)

well it's clear this creature needs to be sturdy, as it's effect will only kick in after quite a few rounds. Either high def. or high vit, either will do. Butterflies, not so much.

As for the type of creature, acid has generally been associated with weakening, i believe. Maybe a "bleeding" effect, which can be stopped by healing? (to give it more of a use in combat).

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Rumi' timestamp='1326134689' post='100315']
How about a big ugly moth that flaps its wings real fast
[/quote]

The picture of that moth is more appealing really.

[quote name='MRWander' timestamp='1327440029' post='102160']
Perhaps something more along the lines of a cactus that does it in response to being attacked... like ti targets what damaged it last turn...and through the evolution sorta like a necro version of a walking tree
[/quote]

Or perhaps a dead tree?