unadept button

Liberty4life

i would like to see for very long time already the unadept button, which would ofc remove you from being adept of xxxxx person, how currently things work are that once ya become somebodys adept, ya always must be adept of that person or of some other, but ya cant unadept, only way not to be adept of anybody is if ya reged without referrer id and by now pickin adepthood during whole game, i mean why would i have to be somebodys adept if i dont want to, simple as that

Nobody is going to go for the penalty nadrolski because protector and adept are very different things. A adept is supposed to be nothing more than a mentor program with some additional benefits where protectors are actually supposed to support there worshipers. I think a penalty of any kind would be a bad idea. If you choose to be an adept of nobody and you lose % loyalty you would also need to apply it to changing who you are an adept of since that is the same degree of betrayal.

[quote name='SkyArmy' timestamp='1333084142' post='107806']
what about hiding your adept (no one can ever see who's your mentor)
[/quote]

Not an option since this can be abused by haveing alts adepting the same person (I am talking about mp6 mainly).

Good point Z. And thinking over this I am beginning to widen the parameters:

Assume we have an "Unadept" button. We click it.
Since this is an agreement between two persons the protector receives a short message with interactive options:[list]
[*]yes
[*]no, request meeting/ send PM
[/list]
Without answering to any of those, the adept can't really change or unadept.

In this way the protector can express how he feels about the adept. If they have discussed this already and both agree, then the Yes option is the easiest way.

A decision is made only after both clear the issue.

Keep in mind I am just thinking over this with the assumption there is such button. Which there isn't right now.

Edited by Fire Starter

• Root Admin

[quote]
Without answering to any of those, the adept can't really change or unadept.
[/quote]

i didnt see this line :P

What happens to people who dont play? a timer surely should allow you to leave if you didnt get a reply within 20 days or so.

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' timestamp='1333099818' post='107819']
Once you have been mentored by someone you can't just 'unmentor' yourself. So I don't see why you should be able to unadept yourself at all.

Z
[/quote]

oke then z, it should have been made that nobody can change his master/mentor at all, atm everyone is switchin them like socks, but unadeptin aint option? funny

as for rest... wut prot has to do with this... bein adept of someone dusent mean that someone is prot or that he even aims at prot status

I remember protectors saying they are losing adepts due to inactivity, wasn't it that if you go 5 days inactive you are no longer an adept of someone? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you really didn't want to be an adept of someone, do that.

Edited by Falronn

[quote name='Falronn' timestamp='1333113463' post='107863']
I remember protectors saying they are losing adepts due to inactivity, wasn't it that if you go 5 days inactive you are no longer an adept of someone? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you really didn't want to be an adept of someone, do that.
[/quote]

Actually, the person stays your Adept, but is not counted in terms of "activity".
So while I may, for example, have 36 Adepts, only 31 of them are active. If too many fall asleep, their names will still show as "adept of Maebius" when you look at themm, but not be valid for their Protector staying MP6. :P

[quote name='Liberty4life' timestamp='1332978666' post='107715']
if ya can change who ya are adept of like socks why not be able to be nobodys adept
[/quote]
I cannot say anything about "nobody" buy you can be adept of "no one" of you want :)
I do have some adepts that I think they have chosen just like that.

You Lib ... i would gladly accept as adept ;)