Broken Pattern Gazeebo interior

Akasha

Well havent tried it in a long time. Getting them all Black was the easy part. Turning them all Orange is mega difficult.... you have to have a photograhic memory

An automatic prize would be best

Macnia

if i recall an automatic prize was going to be implemented ''later'', later being said after the original people were awarded within the 24 hours or so of it opening, this hasnt happened yet, i presume Mur either forgot about doing it, or just got busy on other things

or wants to prevent cheaters from getting it, if it was automated then somebody could tell you solution and you would get awarded, while this way, mur wants to be sure that you are able to solve it and that you actually solved it, and also to prevent alts from getting reward, for example if i solve it with my main and all my alts, my alts wont get reward :)) if it is automated we all get reward, kapish? good

• 2 weeks later...

well, there should at least be a note on that garden
saying you should take a screenshot if you solve the puzzle
(one showing your name i should add)
as rewards aren't automatic and needs to be proven

and also, most importantly, when to know you've solved it
coz obviously, even if you turn it all black or all orange
if nothing happens on the screen
no glowing or nothing that says, congratulations
you'll just keep clicking on waiting for something to happen

i mean, 1st time i wandered there i knew it was a puzzle
i thought a set pattern was needed
so i just kept clicking hoping to activate something
or open a gate, or cause an item to magically appear

good lord, good thing i came here so i know next time what consists a solved puzzle
otherwise i would've solved it and never knew
and just kept stupidly waiting for a genie to magically appear

at least the ball in berserker's way activates when you solve it

Harion, it is clear you have not solved the Broken Pattern Gazebo puzzle. Otherwise, you would know that your protestations about 'not knowing you solved it' are completely baseless.

good to know you can state the obvious

coz OBVIOUSLY if i HAD solved it
and everyone who's solved it WOULD KNOW
then i wouldn't be saying what i posted before, would i?

or are you pointing out i was claiming i solved the puzzle?

good to know you need your reading comprehension improved then
coz i claimed nothing of the fact

It is clear that I do not need my "reading comprehension improved," as I understood exactly what it was you were rambling about. However, it is apparent that you need to learn what you are talking about before you spout off a pointless rant.

I was simply noting that your incoherent tirade was unnecessary: when one solves the puzzle, a message appears stating exactly what needs to be done to receive a reward.
A sign or a note or anything else is not needed. So, when you say:
[quote name='Harion' post='29312' date='Apr 23 2009, 05:57 PM']good lord, good thing i came here so i know next time what consists a solved puzzle
otherwise i would've solved it and never knew
and just kept stupidly waiting for a genie to magically appear

at least the ball in berserker's way activates when you solve it[/quote]
you look like a fool who is angry about something with which he is ignorant. Any would [i]plainly[/i] know if it had been solved.

Again, your post was pointless.
But I suppose that much is obvious.

Edited by Watcher

Ok, no need for foul words.

Harion, of course that when you solve the BP you will get a message (isn't that normal? I think it is). And in case you don't know how that puzzle works you can ask other players. If you haven't discovered by now this game has no walk through or help like other games have. It has something special: it has people dedicated to helping new players (LHOs). But also if you go to a public place (mainly where old players hang around) and ask you will always get an answer.

Watcher, i know you play the role of the bad guy on the forum but sometimes is better to stick to old guys and leave the new ones for others who have patience (and I am not talking about me :P).

And one more thing for the ones that solved the puzzle but never got a reward: the reward will be given. When? Hopefully soon.

Finally:

[url="http://s566.photobucket.com/albums/ss107/FireLizSword/?action=view&current=BrokenPatternGazebo.jpg&newest=1"]http://s566.photobucket.com/albums/ss107/F...pg&newest=1[/url]

I'm not sure how to get in contact with Mur so if one of the RPC's could relay or message me oh to get in contact with him. I spent enough time (and ink and paper and stress) on this endeavor already.

Thanks (I think, Some puzzles finding the key is the hardest part or how to solve the puzzle.)

• 3 months later...

The reward for solving the puzzle is a wishpoint. You solve it, send an e-mail to Mur (after solving it you'll get some details) then wait until he has time to give you the wp. The only issue is that Mur is usually busy so it might take a while until you'll get it.

[quote name='Numerius Felix' date='07 August 2009 - 02:52 AM' timestamp='1249602730' post='38878']
Yes, there is a highly obvious, boring, and time-consuming algorithm that can be used for this puzzle, doubtless far from optimal.
[/quote]

Actually it's a nice and easy algorithm that takes you no more than half an hour (maybe less) to apply it once you have everything ready.

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='07 August 2009 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1249645180' post='38907']
Or you just skip algorithms and thinks for a bit with paper and pen and take a few hours..

Depends on what you want to do, can you code faster or calculate faster.
[/quote]
The algorithm I use is only 20 lines long in c++, while it does over 22 015 calculations. Which is next to nothing for a computer; it solves it instantly.
Out of curiosity I wrote a brute force algorithm once. Even with some optimization and a dual core computer I estimate it takes 7 hours to solve the puzzle.

Personally I'd suggest coding, with that amount of calculations it is very easy to ruin it by being sloppy. And I don't recommend trying it at random, although rumor has it someone did find it that way.