Race to the East

Seigheart

So, I am currently hiding deep within the large expanse of the Lands of the East.

This is a contest to see who can get to me the fastest.

You must first start at the MDP, screen shot it, with the Server Time.

You must then race to find me in the Lands of the East.

You may use any tactic available to get to me, besides jumping (Zen... >.>).

You may not use any spells on me that effect my location.

When you reach me, post in my chat location that you found me.

Winner, gets a rare creature. :)

Something that was brought to my attention;

Lands of the East citizens are disqualified due to the unfair advantage they have. Sorry guys. :(

Edited by Seigheart

There's absolutely no skill aspect to this quest. People who have Lands of the East citizenship will be able to go about 80 times as fast as everyone else.

Those who aren't citizens of the East have no reason to even bother.

• Root Admin

Even if you disqualify Lands of east people, anyone with LoE loyalty has a much better chance.

As JD said, there is no skill in this whatsoever, a quick locate and its the person with the most tea/candy/whatever...

I dont see any point in this quest whatsoever because there is no fun or skill involved...

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1337545539' post='112458']
Lands of the East citizens are disqualified due to the unfair advantage they have. Sorry guys. :(
[/quote]

That isn't the answer either.

[quote name='MRAlyon' timestamp='1337546884' post='112463']
hihihi... and now east people are disqualified:-) now it's unfair for them.... this contest it's wrong from the start at the end of it.... change totally it or delete it... all people should partecipate and not advanges for none...
[/quote]

MRAlyon is completely right, this contest frankly shouldn't have even been started. The concept of that sort of quest is interesting, but when you're hiding so deep in such a high-viscosity area, and then have to disqualify a bunch of people because of it, there's another thing making the quest not fun.

Well, for those without the east loyalty it costs over 1000 ap to get through the gate and then nearly 600 ap per move to move through the tunnel that he is sitting at the very end of. Even as a citizen of the East, I can not reach him. Not that it matters because I have been disqualified. Though I can see why, since it would seem I would have an unfair advantage. But making a quest so few could have any chance at winning doesn't quite seem right.

LOL at this entire thread. Chewett, did you read my original post at all? Did any of you?

Instead of complaining that no one can do it, blah blah blah. Why not actually fricken attempt it by working together?

This wasn't supposed to be an easy accomplishment.

It's called a challenge for a reason.

It seems someone has cheated, and teleported me out of my hiding spot.

I would like to know who would ruin my challenge with such outright disrespect.

actually Seigy, i was dissing Spartano for speaking out of turn, and with nothing smart to say.

i thought this challenge was interesting and fun, id like more like this, if anything =]

make one for Loreroot, and one for Marind Bell, yada yada, then each land will have the same chance to "win"

i think that would be fun =]

at least everyone would have an unfair advantage. at one point or another x]

wait wait wait... IF he wasnt in public location, but rather in some closed location that can be access under special condition then this quest works just fine even with LOE loyalty, they just should get slight time handicap with some percentage increase (the one that would make it averagely fair to everybody else, so ya need to count it up, also not all lands have same max ap, regen ap and regen interval, so there should be some handicap multipliers)

only problem in here i see is screenshot... image can be modified, as well as loaded web page, makin contestants to click clicky that logs time would be the solution, becoz then it would be 100% valid

so if "if" from beginnin of this post is true, this challenge is perfectly fine, and yes there is big difference between quest and challenge, anyway quest in md has derived into completly different meaning than it actually means initially..... but thats discussion for other topic

While I do think the quest/challenge has quite some flaws, well... it's not like there's a WP reward in this. If the reward comes out from Seig's own pocket then IMO it's all his right to do whatever he wants with it, including unfair quests/challenges/whatever. If this is a TK quest though, I'd agree that it should be more.. 'fair' to all MD players.

Edited by Udgard