Community Garden Plots

Rumi

UPDATE: 5/18/13

SIGN UP HERE IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE A PLOTHOLDER.  THERE IS NO MASTER LIST, BUT USE THE COMMUNITY GARDEN LOGS SO I CAN SEE WHAT YOU'RE UP TO.

The Community Garden will be ready very soon for everyone to begin gardening.

We have not begun digging the main garden beds yet, and we need to determine how many plots to prepare and what size to make them.

Plots will be available for seasonal (3-month) or yearly lease, with all funds going to the community garden treasury (probably soon to be held independently by TK).

For the next month, a seasonal lease on a small plot will be available for free. The seasonal lease for these first plots will go from 8/1/12 until 11/1/12. Perfect time to grow some fall crops. After this opening period, the lease price for a seasonal plot will likely be a handful a silver.

Those who sign up for a free plot and wish to switch to a larger yearly lease plot will not be prohibited from moving to a larger plot.

More details to come. Anyone interested in gardening, feel free to sign up below.

Edited by Rumi

@phantasm
This is not an opportunity for you to HELP. This is the core of the community garden. This is a place for YOU to grow food and medicine for yourself.

@Grido
Community Garden treasury has been growing and soon we will be spending as well. Funds will go to projects, quest rewards, tools, services, and all the other things money can buy (money can't buy me love :P).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright everyone. For those of you who have not begun to prepare and plant your garden plot, now is the time to get started.

There's a number of ways that you'll be able to interact with your garden plot, and many of them are currently under construction (like story mode :P). The central mode of interaction is RP and other elements will be built around it.

In the meantime, there are two [b]IMPORTANT [/b]things you will need to do to make the most of your garden experience.

First, copy your garden RP logs. And post them here:

[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/forum/303-community-garden-logs/"]http://magicduel.inv...ty-garden-logs/[/url]

You should make a thread for your own plot and nobody should be posting in that thread without your permission. Some people do not use the forums and they have already made accommodations to have their RP posted by somebody else. Feel free to read other people's garden threads and give them +1 if you like what you read.

YOU NEED TO POST YOUR LOGS WHENEVER YOU GARDEN. THIS LOG IS AN OFFICIAL REGISTER OF WHAT GOES ON AT THE COMMUNITY GARDEN AND ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS WITHOUT BEING LOGGED WILL BE LOST TO THE SANDS OF TIME. DO NOT EXPECT A [b]HARVEST[/b] WITHOUT POSTING YOUR RP LOGS.

We're working on a system that may be able to use an in-game log to reduce garden forum "spam". Until you read otherwise, you need to use this system.

Second important part of managing your garden is following your "plot status". For the meantime, your plot status can be found as an open document in the Community Garden Knowledge Collection. You can find the knowledge collection in papers belonging to Rumi, Phantom Orchid, Falronn, and Fyrd Argentus. Plot status will soon be easier to follow and not require finding one of the members of the garden leadership. For now, check the knowledge collection to see what is the status of your plot.

Plot status will let you know what is going on in your garden plot and is the inverse of your garden logs. They will affect each other. If you don't post your logs, you won't get an accurate plot status. It's a two way system, and you need to get comfortable with it if you want a [b]HARVEST[/b].

More information still to come.

ENJOY YOUR GARDENS!

Edited by Rumi

• 1 month later...

This is a reminder to everyone who has signed up for a community garden plot:

GO USE IT!

Many of you have visited your garden plots and I encourage you to keep posting records of your garden work on the community garden logs sub-forum. As of right now, 3 out of 18 plots have recorded action in the community garden logs.

I've been mostly on hiatus for the past six weeks, and I have waited until now to begin to use the 'plot status' area of the knowledge collection. Now that I have begun to use this feature, I will try to update once every week.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Happy gardening!

Rumi

There is no garden plot to use, yur page say that contours are not done and not eart work done, and it will be done .... (at a date already past)

sorry i dont see going nowhere talking in empty space, when your self say in your paper there is nothing

and for the record i have posted

saying that its per your paper not yet ready ...

so before saying one dont do its part [u][b]do your part !!![/b][/u]

Edited by Tom Pouce