Discussion about Revival Quest by Seigheart

Jubaris

[quote name='Ackshan Bemunah' timestamp='1345752006' post='120894']

Seig is in a position where he thinks the revival quest needs additional sponsorship, yet has a personal stake. The appopriate solution is that this muchneeded sponsorship come from another source (probably not council unless absolutely necessary):

But somehow all those who could do thhis have a personal stake....AGAINST SEIGHEART...putting him in a REALLY AWFUL position.

[/quote]

the quest only has been running for a few weeks, since its beginning, seig has begun offering gold for someone to defeat the guards for him, raising his offer, till he now, (imo) is using TK stock to get himself revived.
we are not putting him in an awfull position, he is doing it himself,

[cquote]The topic of using an official Treasure Keeper position to sponsor a quest that would ultimately benefit the one sponsoring, is a conflict of interest. We always encourage those with official roles never to involve themselves as a player with their role and where these instances occur, to always act as a player and not the official character. Molquert is an in game "puzzle", a revival mechanism, and not a quest which as such needs sponsorship. He's perfectly capable of rewarding players if he thinks someone deserves a reward, so he shouldn't have sponsorship forced upon him. He doesn't want to be on this plane of existence, he wants to be gone from here as fast as he can be. The majority of the community have spoken here and said they don't think its fair, and we agree with this. Seigheart should withdraw the sponsorship and communicate privately with Molquert if he needs any rewards. Molquert should be the one to decide this and not Seigheart. Any personal sponsorship is allowed to as you are permitted to do anything with your coin. MagicDuel Council[/cquote]

That he cares more about The Council's opinion than the opinion of a bunch of people who seem to dislike him and, from his perspective, would gladly see him fail at everything. I find it commendable that he keeps trying with all this discouragement, even if he does it dumb sometimes.

[img]http://s10.postimage.org/yv19vrapz/conditions.png[/img]

Edit: a link as well since the picture doesn't load somehow. http://s10.postimage.org/yv19vrapz/conditions.png

Molquert says you changed your mind about not wanting to be revived after you said only a week ago you do not want to. So here are my conditions- I personally think you should stay dead. But, if you wish to live, prepare what I ask for and I shall try to have Molquert revive you.

Edited by Shadowseeker

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1345652510' post='120746']

There is no reason for anyone to revive me. If anything, [b]I'd rather that they didn't,[/b] because I'd just be killed immediately again.

[/quote]
Pardon me for [s]mis[/s]reading that as I do not wish to live.

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1345667673' post='120774']No. I do not think it is, because that would imply that being killed is a permanent negative effect. [b]Or that being "alive" is something that is a reward[/b], not a normal state.

A normal state is NOT a reward or a benefit of any kind. It's something that is the norm. Right? So, in my eyes [b]it is not a reward[/b]. Of any kind.
[/quote]

Pardon me again for thinking you do not value "life". Thus, no need for revival, right?

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1346261010' post='121239']
First off, I never said I didn't want to be alive. [b]I need to be alive[/b] for my quests that I have planned and to easily do my job as TK.

I said that it's pointless being alive if I am just going to be killed over and over again.
[/quote]

If you need to be alive, then doesn't it mean you do value it after all? Pardon me for [s]mis[/s]reading it once more. You know my conditions. I shall wait.

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1346271439' post='121243']
I obviously value life, because I want to be alive so that I don't have to rely on others to do things. But I am indifferent for whether I am alive or dead. Why is that so hard to understand?
[/quote]
If you won't put effort in, why should anybody else? We are a community, collaboration is the easiest way to do things.

Edited by Pipstickz

From what I figure, it's because he has a....colourful past, and some people have long memories. The same people have developed a general dislike for him and it's spread a bit. There are other factors, a general dislike of his personality being one, but get to know him, make your own mind up about that.

Edited by Grido

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1346423166' post='121289']
From what I figure, it's because he has a....colourful past, and some people have long memories. The same people have developed a general dislike for him and it's spread a bit. There are other factors, a general dislike of his personality being one, but get to know him, make your own mind up about that.
[/quote]

Never see him around since he's...dead