Redacted

Fang Archbane

• Root Admin

the cooldown is a nice way of balancing it but it does not balance it at all.

Giving land loyalty breaks game concepts of having loyalty for being in the land for a period of time. It doesnt make sense and only looks like a plea to try and get land loyalty to go where you want for free.

TL;DR: breaks game concepts, way overpowered, bad idea

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1356028417' post='128571']
You only want land loyalty for your grand scheme of becoming king.
[/quote]

i would agree that the entire alliance seems to only self a selfish purpose.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]While I appreciate the idea, here are my views on it:[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]-you say newbies will be on it. How will they cope with the strongest of MP5's? <-- the shorter battle cooldown would make matters worse![/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]-basically, this would mean that people would mostly take advantage of this alliance, [b]especially alts[/b]. Join for a little while, get the loyalty you want, then leave and return to your true land.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]-(will add more points later in posts below)[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1356029367' post='128576']
- MP5s are an issue? since when? i kid. mostly. What im saying is, that for ages now, people have known, new and old, that joining an Ally/Guild has its advantages and disadvantages. This is no different.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Well, if you're increasing the disadvantages, that will:[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]1) Reduce chance for this alliance to be implemented.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]2) Reduce chance for people joining if it does.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Oh, and another point.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The alliance you are suggesting is "offering too much" if you get what I mean. No other alliance "offers" shorter battle cooldowns, etc. It's a nightmare to code :))[/color][/font]

i would say temporary land loyalty which goes back to zero once the person quits the alliance or once the alliance land affiliation is changed. And since the land affiliation is temporary, they cant take or use any of the shared items meant to be taken and used only by the members of that land. Like the woodcutters Axe and such. Also, I suggest maximum period of stay in one land be two to three months and the land affiliation be changed randomly instead of by choice of leader. As falronn said, Seats to be reduced to five. attack interval can remain the same IMO considering the above changes.

EDIT: but for necro loyalty you'd prolly have to stay affiliated to necro for like 1 and a half year or something >> so it'd be kinda difficult to implement

Edited by Nimrodel

"I would like an Alt Checker built in to the Alliance." - These kind of assuptions of work from others are not very common in MD.
The entire alliance seems as a balant attempt to cheat the viscosity system.
30 seats is huge in MD.
on balance: since you get huge freedom, why not as a penalty have 0 combat stats?

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1356029853' post='128579']
5? Thats fine with me. I wanted the original number to be high(ish), solely because i didnt want to make some kind of Exploring Monopoly, but more of an Exploring Clan.

I would make Weekly Quests, requiring the members to find certain areas, information on things, etc etc. Nothing difficult at first, as the Quests would be specific per person (if its only 5, itll be easier to do this).

Example. If the group has 40(ish) Loreroot Loyalty for whatever reason, wed go on an exploration tour of all of Loreroot, to see what we could discover and find.

Wed be a very active clan. Mostly kept to ourselves as the constant touring and such would keep us quite busy. Never too busy to answer Exploration questions though. Oh no no, part of our Responsibilities would be to Teach Others.

Edit: @DD

1) This is no normal Alliance Demon. IF it even has a small chance of being made, if i even want to get THAT far, then the negatives must be equal to or greater than the positives. The ability to gather any Loyalty the Group wishes for, is not a small thing in any way. Of course the disadvantages [color=#008000]are [/color]going to be huge. Thats only to be expected.
2) Hey, thats fine with me. If we do end up with only five seats, i want to create an Elite Unit. If your in, your in for life. And i never want to have to question anyones Loyalty to the Explorers. If the question even comes up, your out. We cant afford to waste a seat with a Wimp that cant handle constant fighting (not neccessarily due to fight weakness, but Inner weakness) when we could use that seat for a dedicated Explorer.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I'm amazed. How long would it last?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Tours to all the lands. Yay.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Then what? When all the lands are explored completely, what will the purpose be? It's not like newbies will be flooding in and that you will need multiple tours. Already there are less newbies coming in. Already there are so many choices among which alliance to join. From out of those, I'd say one or two out of 20 would decide to join The Explorers. And 20 newbies who stay takes a long time to gather...[/color][/font]

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1356031193' post='128590']
Well then. At that point we each get a book, labeled Lore of the Explorers. Itll be an in game interactive Tool that will allow you to see any scene you have previously visited while in the Explorers, and read anything you might have noted down earlier.

This book would only be earnable through the hard work and dedication of all 5 members working together, and would take the exchange of 5 Wishpoints total (one from each person, but not doable for any of the five if not all five people join in) to create one copy for each member.

And that would be our End Goal. To seek Freedom, Knowledge, and Adventure. And in the end, to lock it all back up in a small book for us to handle. Untradeable... but readable by all you wish to allow. (kind of like K docs o-o)
[/quote]

errrr no.

A book with every scene in it that you're then going to let anyone you want to look through it? And you see nothing wrong with that?

Not going to lie, didn't read the alliance suggestion properly, so I'm not going to comment on it particularly.