Mobile version problems

Pipstickz

When attempting to log in from my phone (using both the regular and mobile login pages), it kept giving me "Enter the correct letters" or whatever it is that it says. Also, does anybody know if you get active days for logging in with the mobile version? Because I don't think it did last time I tried, and that's about the only way I have of logging in regularly.

• Root Admin

I believe you dont get Active days.

A possible solution is to via login, then visit the main MD layout page, which "normally" gives you your active day. However i cant attest to that properly because i cant remember if it did work.

However i agree this is not an idea or even helpful solution. But mobile MD needs a number of changes.

I cant help with the letter issue but I can say this.

Mobile does not give active days.

That is why I have Layout.php, /Mobile, and Idle.php all bookmarked on my iPod.

When your logged into mobile via mobile, if you leave it alone for too long, it logs you out.

When you log into layout first, then visit mobile, you can be as lazy as you want.

Mobile will still try to log you out if you leave it alone for too long or leave the page, but a quick visit to layout then back to mobile instantly logs you back in without need for letters.

To get my active days I first visit Layout, click ok for the active day, go to mobile, respond to all PMs, then idle till I need to make my next pickle.

I find that's the simplest method. And you get your active days without needing much more than 5 extra seconds.

Hope this helps ( o.o)^

Edited by Fang Archbane

Ah, thank you Fang for writing it instead of me. I use the sequence and it works also on older WindowsMobile 6.5.3 with the right browsers. So it should work on everything else with good hardware after 2008. Though I use it only for ADs. Not enough time for else when mobile.

• 1 year later...

I'm currently tied to a flash-free version of MD, thanks to the evil hotel i'm staying at using cyberoam to lock games and my inability to work a real proxy service, which leaves me with ultrasurf to get here at all...

long story short, going to the chat on the mobile version gives me a syntax error, err number: -2146827286

I hope that's helpful and that it can be fixed easily, because i really don't want to miss out on everything <.<

Also, sorry for not following the bug reporting guidelines, this thingy makes using the forum way too slow to do the searching. :(

I went through this with two devices: a tablet and a smartphone. Both ran Android, neither had Flash. You could write in chat, but every 10-15 seconds an error would pop up which you had to dismiss in order to keep writing. Eventually I found a version of flash which worked on them. (can't remember where, but it wasn't an official version, since Adobe stopped making it for Android)

If I knew how to use any of those 2 devices (I hate them both, and are currently unavailable) I could have provided print screens...

My guess is, one of the Flash applications on the page keeps trying to load, causing the error. Maybe the one with the server time, which updates regularly?

• Root Admin

I went through this with two devices: a tablet and a smartphone. Both ran Android, neither had Flash. You could write in chat, but every 10-15 seconds an error would pop up which you had to dismiss in order to keep writing. Eventually I found a version of flash which worked on them. (can't remember where, but it wasn't an official version, since Adobe stopped making it for Android)

If I knew how to use any of those 2 devices (I hate them both, and are currently unavailable) I could have provided print screens...

My guess is, one of the Flash applications on the page keeps trying to load, causing the error. Maybe the one with the server time, which updates regularly?

The main website is not supported if you do not run flash simply put. Im not looking to "fix" that at the moment.

If you read what Burns says, he is talking about the mobile version of MD. Which there are two URL's last time I checked, and I wanted to know which one he was using.

Flashfox - Using is good before during MD upgraded (flashfox for me not working) Needed latest version of flash player

old version of flash flayer

UC browser free flash - Easy to use and slowly defend your connection

Baidu Browser free flash - Easy to use and slowly defend your connection

• Root Admin

here's the screenshot, done in opera, on the page i mentioned before.

unfortunately, the top part of the error report is missing, hope it still helps :)

Possibly due to broken chat, and not an actual mobile interface problem. I am seeing this working.

Just noticed that the mobile version's chat code passes SID values in an attempt to prevent caching, but it will only prevent caching of the first update. Every subsequent attempt to update the chat and user list is subject to caching due to url1 and url2 being set outside of the do_refreshusersonline and do_refreshchat functions respectively.

Edit:

I also just realized that the main mobile page outputs the root HTML tags, head, and body opening, twice each, right at the start. It appears that when the menu was added to switch to PM's/mood panel, etc. the start of the page was copied and formatted, but the original wasn't removed.

Edited by I am Bored

Must be a problem caused directly by ultrasurf then...

at least i still have the forums, they're not in cyberoam's game-filter :))

Thanks for your help :)

Also, thanks for your hints, EE, but it's not about me not having a flash-browser, i did get that fixed before i left, it's about the hotel here not allowing games in their internet filter, so i need to use certain... anonymity tools, and the one i found to work in this case kills chat.

• 4 years later...