Quest: Dom-Second Encounter

Dan

The mods are on the first page when you hover over people's names.

time comes into consideration only when two people have the same agility. If you dont want to risk the time advantage, get mods which boost your agility next time. Simple. I dont see anythng wrong with that.

I don't get what you're saying.

Promotion: if you are (amongst) the last to deal a hit that makes a character lose his last hp, you gain an extra mod. You can use it at the end of any turns.

Let's say Bob and George are in a team together. They both have 1 agility, and they live in the same timezone. At 21:05 ST, they both attack Sam, who has 3 hp left. Sam dies, and they both get an extra mod.

Now let's say that Alice and Toby are in a team together. They live in totally opposite timezones, so when one of them is awake, the other is asleep. Like Bob and George, they both have 1 agility. At 12:02 ST, Alice attacks Dan, who has 4 hp left. Then, at 23:00 ST, Toby attacks Dan as well. Toby gets the mod because Toby was the 'last' to attack, and Alice gets nothing.

Edited by Change

If A has an agility of 2 and B an agility of 1, no matter when B sends their entry, A's action will always be ahead of B's. If both A and B have an agility of 1, only then will time come into play. If you want your action to be before your opponent's try to get as much agility as you can by choosing the relevant mods. Simple.

Also, the person who delivers the killing blow, gets the mod. Unless both have the same agility and both send in at the same time. If thats the case then both players get the mods like both lintara and samon got when they killed me.

Speaking of more mods, is there any way to get an updated list of who has what mods? We've had a good number of people killed already so the list of people with mods on page 2 is out of date and it's nice to see everything in one go

there is on page one: when you move your cursor over character's name, you will see their mods, as well as their stats.

I wont update the mods on page 2, so people will get to know who start with what mods

Now let's say that Alice and Toby are in a team together. They live in totally opposite timezones, so when one of them is awake, the other is asleep. Like Bob and George, they both have 1 agility. At 12:02 ST, Alice attacks Dan, who has 4 hp left. Then, at 23:00 ST, Toby attacks Dan as well. Toby gets the mod because Toby was the 'last' to attack, and Alice gets nothing.

Why does everybody attack Dan? And why is Dan dying? : (

More serious, when this game ends, i will open a topic so that everybody can post their opinion, about mods, rules or what not. So you all will have a chance to freely debate and/or express your wonderful ideas.

Then i will try to change the game for the better.

If A has an agility of 2 and B an agility of 1, no matter when B sends their entry, A's action will always be ahead of B's. If both A and B have an agility of 1, only then will time come into play. If you want your action to be before your opponent's try to get as much agility as you can by choosing the relevant mods. Simple.

Simple, and unfair. The deadline for submissions is 5 PM for me. So, if I wanted to, I could easily act last or easily act first. I wouldn't need to waste a mod on more agility because I'm lucky enough to live in a certain timezone. So you're saying that someone has to waste a mod to ensure that chance doesn't come into play? That's stupid. Also, you're ignoring my main point. I'm talking about teams using this feature, not opponents. A team of three people with 1 agility could get three mods if they managed to post their actions within minutes of each other. I`m saying that time having an influence on play is ridiculous.

Also, why are you ignoring Sam, Dan? She was attacked too. :P

I just hate all of these "Oh, I didn't mean that, I meant this" rule clarifications in the middle of the game. I guess I'm the only one who thought that "if you are (amongst) the last to deal a hit that makes a character lose his last hp" meant amongst the last to hit in-game time wise?

I guess I'm the only one who thought that "if you are (amongst) the last to deal a hit that makes a character lose his last hp" meant amongst the last to hit in-game time wise?

i may wrote an unnecessary extra "last" there. If a hit that makes a character lose his last hp, of course it is the last hit.

Is "if you are (amongst the ones) to deal a hit that makes a character lose his last hp" clearer?

(And i don't understand your question, Change)

No, that just makes it sound even more like how I interpreted it. It makes it sound like if your attack happens at the same time (according to phase and agility) as someone elses, then both of you will get an extra mod. I think I even clarified this with you before the game started, and you said nothing about the time that someone submits their move ever having anything to do with the game.

Don't have much time these days, but I'll post a few things...

3 mods for your team is a HUGE boost. It's MEANT to be difficult, no? I'm in USA, Lintara lives in the same time as ST, and samon is in Netherlands (see time difference), we  STILL managed to sync at the same time. If we couldn't, we wouldn't regret it anyways cause we can't blame timezones. We should only get that boost of 3 mods for the team if you try hard enough.

On the one hand, teamwork is nice..on the other, it doesn't really seem fitting that one person could—hypothetically; this isn't a personal complaint—do the first 99 damage to a character, and then not just one but three other people could come in and get the mod.

Why not settle things the old-fashioned way: ingame, with dice? Having Dan screenshot every roll for every kill might not be too much extra work (sorry Dan, at least I didn't kill you)...or better yet, we could trust our game master's word as to how the chips fell.

Simple, and unfair. The deadline for submissions is 5 PM for me. So, if I wanted to, I could easily act last or easily act first. I wouldn't need to waste a mod on more agility because I'm lucky enough to live in a certain timezone. So you're saying that someone has to waste a mod to ensure that chance doesn't come into play? That's stupid. Also, you're ignoring my main point. I'm talking about teams using this feature, not opponents. A team of three people with 1 agility could get three mods if they managed to post their actions within minutes of each other. I`m saying that time having an influence on play is ridiculous.

Unfair? LOLOLOL... This is not about fairness. This ENTIRE game is about stratagem. If one cant use their brains enough to strategise a game play with the huge amount of variety that we have why bother playing the game? No game is fair. Point out any game and i can tell you how unfair it is because a variety of people play a game and some people are bound to have a disadvantage against set rules. Also... No mod is wasted. If you build a team, then even more have a spell caster in your team an build up your teams agility like how samon did. Just because someone is crappy at planning doesnt mean that something as simple as this needs to be changed. Everything depends on how you plan. YOu might as well call all the MD fest quests very unfair because timings are not even told before hand. Never seen a hue and cry made about it before... Then why DOM?

• Root Admin

Unfair? LOLOLOL... This is not about fairness. This ENTIRE game is about stratagem. If one cant use their brains enough to strategise a game play with the huge amount of variety that we have why bother playing the game? No game is fair. Point out any game and i can tell you how unfair it is because a variety of people play a game and some people are bound to have a disadvantage against set rules. Also... No mod is wasted. If you build a team, then even more have a spell caster in your team an build up your teams agility like how samon did. Just because someone is crappy at planning doesnt mean that something as simple as this needs to be changed. Everything depends on how you plan. YOu might as well call all the MD fest quests very unfair because timings are not even told before hand. Never seen a hue and cry made about it before... Then why DOM?

Be Nice.

Some people cannot control when they are awake or not, this is one area where some people advantages. This isnt really a point you can disagree. But you can think of solutions to fix them, as you are presenting Nim. Just dont present them so rudely.

If they are not willing to be awake chewett then they need to take appropriate mods. That was what i said before. But when people said that it'd make them 'WASTE' a mod, thats where I had to be direct. Its like asking people to change heads contest rules because they cant stay awake all night or when the second stage of heads starts.

you two have the same agi, therefore who has sent in their action first made their action first. In this case it is you DD

i remember this post, just right after turn 1

And i also remember this, though it just concerns about helf of you

All bold strategies are encouraged. Fortune favors the bold. :)

But please be sure to talk to me about it first, just to make sure it is done legally according to the rules.

Nevertheless, i see your point Change, what are you suggesting to make the game fairer?

On the one hand, teamwork is nice..on the other, it doesn't really seem fitting that one person could—hypothetically; this isn't a personal complaint—do the first 99 damage to a character, and then not just one but three other people could come in and get the mod.

Why not settle things the old-fashioned way: ingame, with dice? Having Dan screenshot every roll for every kill might not be too much extra work (sorry Dan, at least I didn't kill you)...or better yet, we could trust our game master's word as to how the chips fell.

The dice rolling things could work, i can use the dice at Wind's sanctuary. Can you please be more specific about how to imply dice into the game, Zyrxae?

I like how there is no real randomness in the game now. You should be prepared for a possible kill steal, and watch the other players when you're close to killing someone.

As for the same time attack, you should be able to work around it when needed. (There really is not a single moment in the day both of you can be on at the same time?)

That being said, it might be nice to have more absolute rules about when all players in a team get a mod and when only the first to kill the target gets one. How far apart can the attacks be, does every strike need to be a killing blow, or only the first, etc.

Samon, I guess I just don't like how RL-based that element of the gameplay is. DOM is an RPG inside an RPG, and it seems like the further nested you go, the less the outside world (irl timing) becomes important.

The dice rolling things could work, i can use the dice at Wind's sanctuary. Can you please be more specific about how to imply dice into the game, Zyrxae?

If Players A and B have the same agility and strike player Z in the same phase, with player Z being killable by either of their strikes, roll a six-or twelve-sided die. If the result is odd, A gets the mod; if even, B gets it.

If three players strike someone down at the same time, a roll of 1 or 2 gives A the kill, 3 or 4 goes to B, and 5 or 6 to C.

In the highly unlikely case of four or more players killing someone at once, roll as above for A vs. B and C vs. D and roll the winners of those against each other until you're down to one.

[log='Turn 17']

04:[acronym='Spring, Windwalk, TTS, 100hp, 0mp, 8att, 3def, 3mvt, 2agi, 0rg']Addy[/acronym][80/100]

13:[acronym='Thick skinned, Iron skin, Action-Reaction, 8att, 8def, 1mvt, 1agi, 0rg']Amber[/acronym][93/100]

Phase 1: Bump Hiria to 10. Miss

12:[acronym='Leadersheep, Agile, Sneaky, First-Aid, 8att, 3def, 1mvt, 2agi, 0rg']Change[/acronym][73/150][5/5] -3def

Inspire{Eara, Jester, Rophs, Samon, Syrian, Tipu}
Phase 1: move{12->13}
Phase 2: strike {Hiria}. miss

38:[acronym='Healthy, Giant, Demonic Sword, Angelic Sword, 150hp, 0mp, 8+6+2att, 3def, 1mvt, 1agi, 0rg, 4hp_degen']Dark Demon[/acronym][237/250] -3def +4mvt +2agi
Phase 1: strike{Eara}. miss

72:[acronym='Ethereal Being, Creative, Innovative, 50hp, 60mp, 8att, 3def, 1mvt, 1agi, 0rg, 3mp_regen']DarkRaptor[/acronym][50/50][41/60] [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]#2@?? [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]#3@??[acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]#4@72 [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]#5@72 [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]#6@72 [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]#7@72 [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]#8@72 [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]#9@72 [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]#10@72 [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]#11@72 [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]#12@72

Phase 1: move 74

72 Moving-Armour#4[3/3][0/0]

Phase 1: ambush -1mp

72 Moving-Armour#5[3/3][0/0]

72 Moving-Armour#6[3/3][0/0]

72 Moving-Armour#7[3/3][0/0]

72 Moving-Armour#8[3/3][0/0]

72 Moving-Armour#9[3/3][0/0]

72 Moving-Armour#10[3/3][0/0]

72 Moving-Armour#11[3/3][0/0]

72 Moving-Armour#12[3/3][0/0]

Scene43{Angelic Sword}

38:[acronym='Religious, Devilish Pact, Angelic Sword, 100hp, 10mp, 8+2att, 3def, 1mvt, 1agi, 0rg, 1mp_regen, 1hp_regen']Eara[/acronym][3/100][1/10] devilish_pact{Samon}. -3def 1upkeep

13:[acronym='Sneaky, Cunning, Backstabbing, 100hp, 0mp, 10att, 4def, 1mvt, 1agi, 0rg']Hiria[/acronym][21/100]  infected(+5)

33:[acronym='Agile, Athletic, Demonic Sword, 120hp, 0mp, 8+6att, 3def, 1mvt, 3agi, 0rg,5hp_degen']Jester[/acronym][55/120]

10:[acronym='Thick Skinned, Iron Skin, Action-Reaction, 100hp, 0mp, 8att, 8def, 1mvt, 1agi, 0rg']Koshu Farsight[/acronym][100/100]

Phase 1:

Intercept [hiria] at [10]

38:[acronym='Precision,Healthy, First-Aid, Angelic Sword, 150hp, 0mp, 11+2att, 3def, 1mvt, 1agi, 0rg, 1hp_regen']Lintara[/acronym][150/150] +4mvt +2agi

Phase 1: strike{Eara} miss

Phase 2: first aid{Samon}. Samon+10hp

Phase 3: first aid{Dark Demon}. Dark Demon+10hp

10:[acronym='Precision, Deadly Blow, Break-Point, 100hp, 0mp, 18att, 3def, 1mvt, 2agi, 0rg']Mallos[/acronym][100/100]

Phase 1: ambush [change] at 13

Phase 2: attack [change] at 13

14:[acronym='Thick skinned, Agile, Angelic Sword, 100hp, 0mp, 8+2att, 5def, 1mvt, 2agi, 0rg, 1hp_regen']Rikstar[/acronym][100/100]

10:[acronym='Obesity, Thick skinned, Iron Skin, 150hp, 0mp, 8att, 10def, 0.5mvt, 1agi, 0rg']Rophs[/acronym][147/150]

38:[acronym='Creative, Spellholder, Charmer,Enchanter, 100hp, 10mp, 8att, 3def, 1mvt, 1agi, 0rg, 14mp_regen']Samon[/acronym][69/100][10/10]  +4mvt +2agi 6upkeep devilish_pact{Eara} [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]S2@38 [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]S4@38 [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]S5@38 [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]S6@38 [acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]S7@38

[acronym='3hp,5att,7def,1mvt,3agi,0rg']Moving-Armour[/acronym]S8@38
Phase 1: Strike{Eara}

13:[acronym='Spring, Windwalk, Time stands still, 100hp, 0mp, 8att, 3def, 3mvt, 2agi, 0rg']Syrian[/acronym][96/100]

p0 attack hiria.
p1 attack hiria. 

28:[acronym='Jerk, Jester's Charm{AmberRune},Devilish Pact, 120hp, 5mp, 9att, 4def, 1mvt, 1agi, 0rg']Tipu[/acronym][120/120][5/5]

06:[acronym='Bow, Upgraded Bow, Hawkeye, 100hp,0mp,8att, 3def, 1mvt, 1agi, 1rg']Zyrxae[/acronym][100/100]

Shoot addy at 4.

[hr]

Phase0:

damage(Syrian->Hiria)=(8+2)*2-4=16.

Phase1:

damage(Samon->Eara)=8+2-(3-3+2)=8/2=4 --> Samon. Eara dies. Samon gets 1mod.

## Samon gets the mods because , thanks to the agi from Change's inspiration, Samon attacks before Dark Demon and Lintara.

damage(Syrian->Hiria)=8+2-4=6. Hiria dies. Syrian gets 1mod.

damage(Zyrxae->Addy)=10.

Phase2:
damage(Mallos->Change)=18*2-(3-3)=36

______

damage(weariness->Change)=5*(2^2-2)=10.

[/log]

Turn 18 starts

Edited by Dan

Samon, I guess I just don't like how RL-based that element of the gameplay is. DOM is an RPG inside an RPG, and it seems like the further nested you go, the less the outside world (irl timing) becomes important.

If Players A and B have the same agility and strike player Z in the same phase, with player Z being killable by either of their strikes, roll a six-or twelve-sided die. If the result is odd, A gets the mod; if even, B gets it.

If three players strike someone down at the same time, a roll of 1 or 2 gives A the kill, 3 or 4 goes to B, and 5 or 6 to C.

In the highly unlikely case of four or more players killing someone at once, roll as above for A vs. B and C vs. D and roll the winners of those against each other until you're down to one.

Interesting idea. It will be taken into consideration.

Though one (possible) drawback i can think of is introducing chance (randomness) into the game. This will be opened for discussion later.

what does agi have to do with attacking for each of us to get the mods?

we are attacking in the same phase, no matter how many overall phases we can attack in

one thing which actually IS unfair is inspiring randomly...

we didn't even want to get inspired... you should be able to choose

how can you be forced to be inspired, in RL even??

Edited by DARK DEMON

Call it Tactics? Adds an element of randomness to the game. or everything [was] pre planned. [retracted] The caster didnt want you to get the mods and thought samon getting a mod would be better. Hence they inspired him. Also inspired is more like a status. [retracted] You hear the other side blow a horn to raise their army's morale and get inspired yourself because you need to fight against an army boosted by their morale... This situation cant really be compared with RL. Also, this is a game. Why does everyone forget that?

Agility is defined as:

1. the power of moving quickly and easily; nimbleness: exercises demanding agility.
2. the ability to think and draw conclusions quickly; intellectual acuity.

Either way you have an advantage over your oponent if you have more agility because you are mentally/physically ahead of him. So with increased agility, you attack double /triple (and so on) times faster in the time a regular individual can attack only once. and each time you attack is called a phase. Thats how agility works basically. And for the sake of swiftness you sacrifice more energy hence weariness damage. 

Edited for grammar.

Edited by Nimrodel

Maybe the caster didnt want you to get the mods and thought samon getting a mod would be better? Hence they inspired him. Also inspired is more like a status. Maybe you heard the other side blow a horn to raise their army's morale and got inspired yourself because you need to fight against an army boosted by their morale... This situation cant really be compared with RL. Also, this is a game. Why does everyone forget that?

That's a vague statement... you began with "maybe" too. The caster posted in her forum status anyways that she will inspire people randomly. And I know it can't be compared to RL, but it is supposed to, just like many other aspects of MD (eg, people say why shouldn't you miss in collecting herbs when near depletion cause it would be hard to find herbs, just like in RL)

I believe that one can never be forced to be inspired. Before a turn, someone should be allowed to choose, i.e send "I want to be inspired by X and Y in the next turn only, not anyone else cause they are the enemy and it's stupid to be inspired by the enemy."

Dan?

I think it's nice that you can use inspire for more than just helping out your friends. It's just another trick you should be prepared for. Further more it's not to hard to avoid if you have someone with the necessary leadership skills amongst your own, and when you don't... It's no surprise things go a little awry at times.

That's a vague statement... you began with "maybe" too. The caster posted in her forum status anyways that she will inspire people randomly. And I know it can't be compared to RL, but it is supposed to, just like many other aspects of MD (eg, people say why shouldn't you miss in collecting herbs when near depletion cause it would be hard to find herbs, just like in RL)

I believe that one can never be forced to be inspired. Before a turn, someone should be allowed to choose, i.e send "I want to be inspired by X and Y in the next turn only, not anyone else cause they are the enemy and it's stupid to be inspired by the enemy."

Dan?

Are you sure that in RL one cannot be forced to be inspired? What's about advertisement, commercial, propaganda? Or even music. Have you ever listen to music that is so inspiring that makes you want to do.. things. A convincing speech will bend the will of people. Will bender sounds nice : P

With that being said, a game's rules don't have to be realistic. In fact, most of the rules are arbitrary made. Why on earth that characters are only allowed to move in phase 1? And what are phases anyway? Can people just act as they please?

In games, people learn about rules, adapt to them, and make the best out of them, in order to win.

Anyhow, as i said, all of this will be open for discussion later.

Well, let's put this out:

1) We are playing a game on a game. Do things work like they realistically would? No. But that's ok because we are playing like we actually have the ability to sap life when slicing at people with swords. And that some people think or move faster than others. Or, look out, that we have awesome aim, can cast magic, and get stronger off the demise of others. So why not have somebody with an authoritative tone of voice be able to inspire you?

2) Because we seem to want to make this connect to rl somehow, are there not people who sometimes tell you "That was nicely done, keep up the good work"? Does that little comment not give you good feels and make you feel like you're actually doing good? Don't you sometimes work a bit harder to impress the person who complimented you once in hopes that they might compliment you again? Even if they are not exactly your friend or might not even be a person you like in spite of ourselves? Heck I'm happy when people tell me that I gave a nice 2 sentence example in class, when somebody tells me I have a good concept for a project I'm jazzed.

We're social creatures and a little bit of encouragement from anywhere can go a long way

I said that I'd inspire people randomly, but I changed my mind. I do like the use of inspire as a strategic tool though. Maybe change the name if it's such an issue, DD? It could be called 'boost' instead of inspire. I don't know.

Edited by Change