SERVER ISSUE

Sorry, Are subscriptions working yet? I've just donate 5$ there, but it seem nothing happen (at least to me :(, my poor character still have no credit)

And if your guys need developer for optimize code, I'm willing to help :D.

Best regard.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

we currently have 383$ (there were 250 allready there) ..still plenty to go until 550

p.s.@gaconkzk, i found your payment , and fixed a small issue on the payment page, check if everything is ok now and pm me if its still somethign wrong

Hi all,

This is indeed one of the finest games around and that cannot be stopped due to this issue. I'm also not that creative on ideas to solve it, maybe you could contact somebody (or others have contacts) that wouldn't mind being more or less a 'silent' sponsor for a (relatively) small amount. Anyway I will make another donation and hope this helps.

Ramses

Hi All,

I dont know if i will be able to help

I do know someone who owns a hosting company so i will have a chat with hime in regards to cost.

I might (No promises) Be able to provide a dedicated server i am looking at the cost for me to do this.

First i need so details

how much bandwith does the game take?

and how much CPU usage does the game take?

i will need that information before i can ask my contact

also i live in Ireland and am unable to make donations as the payment options dont

have the options for me to do so.

I suggest you use something like Moneybookers i dont know if this is a good option for you to use or if it is

easy to setup.

I like this game alot and am willing to help as best i can

thanks

yrth

• Root Admin

moneybookers is allready on the credits page, but moneybookers doesnt support recurring payments unfortunalty..you can still use it to purchase credits the regular way.

Paypal works in ireland as fas as i know, they ARE from ireland. and there are several players from belgium using it allready. It can go both with checks, credit cards or transfer, it just takes longer for the transfer like it does with all systems.

One of you sugested to actualy put home address public so that ppl can mail me direclty cash, well its not such a bad ideea but i am not sure how many will use it, and i dont know if there are any legal issues to receive money like that by post so... untill i find out more i wont do that . If you know more tell me pls.

Well if you turn on ads and make a counter, when the necessary amount of money is reached, and switch them off then, would be a solution to provide as much ad as necessary and everyone can participate in switching adds off ... month for month

an other option would be to grant a small amount for the md shop if someone klicks an add, i suggest 0.001$ maxed to 0.03$ per day, all other free credit links to 0.01$.

if we get 1$ per month per person by clicking on ads this would be a stable base

to limit the players is no solution, since more mp stages or the introduction of several lands needs a lot more, and someone who wasnt able to join will not try again and the flow of active players who stay is not to high i think

couldn't you make a method of purchasing credits through sms (like prizee has, for example)?

for orange and vodafone users who maybe don't have credit cards it would be an alternative and a way in which they could help too (especially for students whose phone subscriptions are being payed by their parents).

i don't know if this would help in any way, i suppose you'd have to make an agreement, a contract or smth with orange and/or vodafone for that but there would probably be profit too... i guess :(

anyway, it's just a thought.. just trying to help. i'm sure things will turn out allright in the end because the game is too amazing and there are too many people supporting it and who want to help so nothing can possibly go wrong :D

Yup Paypal works in Ireland, I know people that use it here :(

Unfortunately i'm currently an unemployed bum so i can't afford to help out at the moment, but as soon as i get some cash i'll be straight in there to help out

One of you sugested to actualy put home address public so that ppl can mail me direclty cash, well its not such a bad ideea but i am not sure how many will use it, and i dont know if there are any legal issues to receive money like that by post so... untill i find out more i wont do that . If you know more tell me pls.

I think it's completely legal, at least this guyz have been doing this since ever and there weren't any kind of problems, anyways I'll leave the link with the info about that payment method -> https://secure.tibia.com/account/?subtopic=payment

Yes, it's a real PROBLEM.

There are so far some ideas and some solutions.

First I'll HAVE to remind you about something that could prevent this kind of problems:

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com//index.p...ic=1392&hl=

And I must agree with those google ads. If you add them in the free credits page (even with no extra benefits except from the money for server) I promise I'll click on those about 10 - 20 times a day with no problem.

Just read the thread above and tell me if it's not a solution (and a better one with google ads).

• Root Admin

llaaaaaddiiieesss anndddd genttleeemannnn, we have a winner....:(

2U SR-R010 Rack-mount redundant power supply chassis server

Dual Xeon Quad Core E5440 2.83GHz

4GB RAM

HD 320GB

100 Mbps port

1.5T traffic

i just bought it ... will be setup in about 2 days so i still think game will be down for a while untill its ready, hopefully not, but we will see. Anyway keep a link to the forum because forum remains up http://magicduel.invisionzone.com

I am not sure how i will pay it next month but i realy hope for the best and this time i will get ads after i pay the sever first.

I think this is excelent news, thank you all so much.

ah didnt see money bookers ther that great i will make a donation now

i dont use paypal since they are putting their charges up

and i dont have a credit card well not one i want to use right now

thanks

Yrth

just sent the funds now

• Root Admin

mmm, we have something that is paying much better than google ads, the banners on the free credits page are throu a game advertiser that is paying double than google ads, but people dont click them and its about one click every 24 hours per ip so clicking them licke crazy it will only ban us from that advertiser

• Root Admin

for moneybookers i have to receive the payment and manualy add the credits so it might take a while, if its check it takes days untill they reach my account, anyway, please email me if you pay by moneybookers so i can update your account as soon as they enter.

i have to say that having such a great community here its amazing, i could never cover the server costs myself and the game would have never grow without a good server and good speed. After i finish moving it to the new server i will spend more time optimizing stuff so that this server will be able to hold many many more players.

I can't quite get PayPal to take my money. Will donate small amount when able.

Another thought occurs: what about a sponsorship? That is, not an advertiser but a corporate host who gets the right to say "Magic Duel, brought to you by Cadbury's Chocolate Underwear" or something like this? Big tech companies or MySpace will be looking for the next big thing in online community... They provide all the server space you need, no advertising is present, you just have to go through their page to get here.

K

• Root Admin

yeah advertising on forum i agree. anyway i have to change the skin to make it look better and like the site.

about sponsorships, well we are not big enough yet, there are games out there with milions of players (web games), we have to grow bigger first, but once we will we wont have this server problem anymore:)

I!ve been playing Knightfight for more than a year, it's also free, but if if your a 'Premium Member' , you can attack every 5 minutes instead of 15, do 2 hours missions instead of 1.... and the ads go away

I pay there by phone.... It's soooo easy :(

Imagine you want to have a big fight, you need a powerup from MD shop.... Arrrg no credits !

Pick up the phone, buy a few credits and of you go again..

I would also suggest putting prices in euro as wel as dollars.

just a thought, see if adding moneybooker has increased your income, if so, try adding another system..

As for Paypall....

To add funds... from a bank account in Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, or Switzerland, click the Add Funds tab, click Transfer From (Your Country's) Bank Account ..

For Belgium...

Add Funds is Not Available

PayPal does not currently offer the ability to add funds from your bank account.

Cya,

Morrel

couldn't you make a method of purchasing credits through sms (like prizee has, for example)?

for orange and vodafone users who maybe don't have credit cards it would be an alternative and a way in which they could help too (especially for students whose phone subscriptions are being payed by their parents).

i don't know if this would help in any way, i suppose you'd have to make an agreement, a contract or smth with orange and/or vodafone for that but there would probably be profit too... i guess

I THINK THIS IS GREAT IDEA FOR ALL OF US THAT DONT HAVE CREDIT CARDS OR MONEY IN PAYPAL OR ANYTHING SIMILAR....

Manu .... do me a favour... calll your Mobile provider ... organise a meeting... and see their offer... implement it... Even ME who live in Bosnia Could Call YOU or send you SMS from time to time.... and everybody else ALSO!!! wich will cost some cash!!!!!!! and you knowm the rest....

GREAT IDEA GREAT IDEA !"!!!!!!