Resources location problems

MRAlyon

I would make a list where there are problems with the new resource location, because too close to the scene...

for example there is this kind of problem at Gates of Marind Bell, and in future MUR will move up the arrow a bit...

LIST OF SCENES WHERE RESORCE LOCATIONS ARE TOO CLOSE:

- Gates of Marind Bell (1_0x1_1);

- Gazebo of Equilibrium (1_0x0_1);

- Fort Inneryard (1_-4x-2_2);

- Cannon's Crossing (1_-3x-3_1);

- Meeting of the Roads (1_-2x1_1);

- Alche's Alley (3_-1x-3_1);

please post the name of the place with this kind of problems with coords and I will update continually the list here....

MRAlyon

Edited by MRAlyon

• Root Admin

When implementing this the location Mur and i were at was GoE, i specifically said that it was too close for GoE and moved it down but he still asked me to move it back up to that current location. Therefore i doubt that he will move it down unless i keep complaining to him.

However, the current html is hacky, and im going to be repositioning it today, so it might just get nudged down a little ;)

• Root Admin

i intend to modify the existing scenes that have clickables placed so low, so that they will fit. There are just a couple of scenes that come just a bit over the resources dection...instead..if we move the entire section lower it will fix that couple of issues but eat space for all other scenes.

vertical space is crucial for the interface, especiqlly around that area where chat and location are both important.

in fact i am thinking to rearrange some things so everything shifts a bit up

chew if you think there is something to fix in current placement do as you think best, but please consider vertical space is very valuable.

(why? because it will become/is common to use things in the scene and chat at the same time, and on smaller screens you need a lot of scrolling to do that. we cant push them closer enough to prevent that, but the closer they are, the better

What is stopping you from re-arranging the whole interface so chat is next to the scene and other things are below? Triggers box doesn't need to be where it is, nor all the refresh stuff. I'm certain there are plenty of other things you could move.

And I know you will argue that Time is stopping you, but I say Bah to that. How many years have you already invested in MD? And then remember that MD has been evolving that whole time and the layout has barely changed. Maybe it is time.

Or maybe just create two layout profiles, one with everything as it is and one with chat on the side, and let us use the options to pick for ourselves.

What is stopping you from re-arranging the whole interface so chat is next to the scene and other things are below? Triggers box doesn't need to be where it is, nor all the refresh stuff. I'm certain there are plenty of other things you could move.

And I know you will argue that Time is stopping you, but I say Bah to that. How many years have you already invested in MD? And then remember that MD has been evolving that whole time and the layout has barely changed. Maybe it is time.

Or maybe just create two layout profiles, one with everything as it is and one with chat on the side, and let us use the options to pick for ourselves.

I agree! Always has been my dream to have a more dynamic and useful option that doesn't restrict people or require them to abandon a conversation to perfom other actions and that put all essential things at glance without the necessity of scrolling that much down. Moreover also an option that provides real dynamic live help, keeping newbs, etc.

I attach an image of what would be the layout of my dreams...

14kds2w.jpg

Finally there would be lots of vertical space to do whatever coders want!

So....Yes... I keep dreaming

If the UI ever gets redesigned whether for the above reasons, to make more mobile friendly or to change from flash to HTML5 Canvas, please, no table layout! I know from experience that table layouts are a nightmare to maintain with growing features compared to the alternatives, so surely once that change has been made development could accelerate.

• Root Admin

It seems the East scenes with resources don't display it right, but instead of overlapping the scene it collides with the: Players online here: 1    |    RP Reality requirement: intimate

printscreen please

-------------

doesnt matter, found it, fixing

-------------

Should be fixed now, thanks for reporting it.

Edited by Chewett

• Root Admin

bfh, why don't you create a separate topic with that layout suggestions so that others can share their view of a best layout setup...then who knows..maybe i'll do it. to change the layout i need to see a strong motivation..with all the new things added to md, there could be a totally different layout.

two selectable layouts is out of the question, one and good

I wasn't sure if these places in the MDA had been reported yet but the "resources in the area" words overlap arrows

At Awiiya's Way

http://storenow.net/my/?f=1b0bc338a22783a4e325dd409083b055

And at Sanctuary's View

http://storenow.net/my/?f=4fe329275cc7734e3c5701a309c3aba2

• Root Admin

I wasn't sure if these places in the MDA had been reported yet but the "resources in the area" words overlap arrows

At Awiiya's Way

http://storenow.net/my/?f=1b0bc338a22783a4e325dd409083b055

And at Sanctuary's View

http://storenow.net/my/?f=4fe329275cc7734e3c5701a309c3aba2

The main issue with this is resolved, but the arrow could be moved up a tad.

bfh, why don't you create a separate topic with that layout suggestions so that others can share their view of a best layout setup...then who knows..maybe i'll do it. to change the layout i need to see a strong motivation..with all the new things added to md, there could be a totally different layout.

two selectable layouts is out of the question, one and good

I will!

• Root Admin

This is a global issue with new resources icons. See image

2yy34ms.jpg

This occurs due to loading times of flash, if flash loads slowly then resource images can appear before the text disappears. Not much to do except randomly increasing the time. Currently as its set, most of the time it wont overlap assuming you are on a semi decent connection.

I said I wouldn't get involved in this but this takes too much of your time.

Why don't you really accept the feedback that you received ?

Anyway, if you still want to put the resources in a visible place, this is my proposal:

2j4sniw.png