My neg rep

DARK DEMON

Now that we can finally see who has given what rep, I would like to show to everyone my neg rep history. I spent a long time counting each and every post I've made in the past one year...

Plix Plox alone has given me more than 113 neg rep so far. This was the most shocking of all, as I never even had a proper conversation with him, ever. Didn't expect this one bit... reporting now for neg rep spam.

No one has given me more than 82 neg rep so far. I'm reporting now for neg rep spam.

Lazarus has given me more than 42 neg rep so far. Also reporting for spam as I barely talked to him, ever.

Pipstickz has spammed  more than 25 neg rep so far, which I also thought he'd never do as I have never spoken to him.

The rest of the neg rep, especially the ones given by dst, Chewett, Menhir and Nimrodel... I take full responsibility for as they all helped me change.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Mods, please take the respective actions against these spammers if you believe it is necessary. I also humbly request to please remove the accumulated number of neg rep from my account as it may give a wrong impression to some newer ones, which I really don't want as it won't help me help them.

Also, please close this topic. Whoever still wishes to post should not expect any reply. 

Edited by DARK DEMON

Wow! 1 freaking year and only 133 neg rep?? Or 82 (seems like No one really hates you, doesn't he? :D). I am amazed! I would have expected more.

My first reaction was to laugh my *** off (which I actually did) but then I realized that this is wrong on so many levels.

After 5 more minutes I realized what a deranged mind you have. And after 5 more I understood why you voted and asked for the transparent reputation.

Do you realize that what you're actually asking is not dumb but INCREDIBLY stupid? Have you given 1 full minute to the thought before pressing the Submit button?

No, you have not changed. You remained the same ignorant, superficial player you were when you first joined. THIS (this topic) is the ultimate proof!

Enjoy your day! You certainly made mine! :D

Edited by dst

SPAM : Super, I am No. 2  in something. For this post you have a +1 :D

On Topic:

First of all : you "attacked" me, therefor I MUST respond thus this topic cannot be closed.

Second: Are there any posts where I didn't neg rep you ?

Third: maybe you should have considered then the result of your actions : you post -> you get feedback.

In most of the topics I neg rep a person, I post something unless there are similar topic where I said something against it.

Forth: having a feedback should tell you that some ppl like or not what you say and that is the real purpose of the reputation.

Fifth: now that you are older, do you still consider that what you said in those posts don't deserve neg rep ?

Hint: don't post when you are angry, just save you post in a text file and next day review & update & then post it if it is still the case.

Six: Last but not the least important: Why do you think I bought you as a "slave" ?

--------------------------------------------

Update:

Ok, you made me curious. I took just 5 posts (January - February this year) totally random. 3 were without any votes but the others .... just check them :

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13681-uses-for-resources/?p=131791

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13686-funeral-for-friend/#entry132170

Then later on I found more and more

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13735-bhc-test-trial-of-agony/#entry132646
http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13731-hc-crisis/page-2#entry132645

I don't remember ever posting something that would request something to give ME an advantage so I am not ashamed of anything I wrote.

But I did replied whenever I've got attacked directly and the proposals would have influenced others too. I am also not ashamed of writing those also.

I really don't understand why I've got the neg rep ...  in most cases.

As long as I thought I did something good I didn't cared for neg rep as I don't care now. If I have something to say, I will always say it.

Edited by No one

Woah... you really went thru a lot of work to get these results... >>

But numbers alone don't show that much really...

I mean if all the 113 (or 82) neg reps were on posts that the mentioned people disagreed with you, then it is not spam. I'm pretty sure No One does that with no regard to who is he disagreeing with him.

But if (some noticeable %) neg reps are for unrelated posts (like b-day wishes, off topic posts, market offers, etc.), then you can talk about neg rep spamming.

You don't need to talk to someone to dislike their posts. It's too bad that we can't easily see a count of how much reputation someone has given to others. Maybe the people you've mentioned like to make use of the reputation feature more than others. Would you still call it spam if you got say, 113 positive rep from Plix Plox?

People don't generally dislike or like posts without a reason. Yes, there are trolls out there, but I haven't found that many people who troll in MD. Someone could dislike someone else's posts because they don't like the other person's tone/writing style. Have the people you listed ever given you some positive rep? If they haven't, it's not proof that they are 'spamming rep'. Maybe they just don't like how your writing comes across.

I'll tell you right now, Dark Demon, that you write things with a fair amount of conviction. That is, you're fairly certain that you're right in what you say (most of the time. Everyone has exceptions). That certainty comes across in your posts. People like different things, and it's easier to be disliked if you are blatantly obvious in liking different things.

dst, someone who you seem to respect, had a fair bit of a negative rep balance for awhile. That's because she wrote her posts in a 'my way or the highway' style. Just look at her signature! :P People who post in ultimatums are generally disliked. On the other hand, people who post things like, "Maybe it happened this way" or "Well, my opinion is . . . but I could be wrong" are generally liked. In Canada, we don't like how our politicians 'flip-flop' on various issues, but I bet that they wouldn't get as many votes if they took a hard stance on some issues.

Maybe there should be a post made about 'what does reputation mean?'.

• Root Admin

Woah... you really went thru a lot of work to get these results... >>
But numbers alone don't show that much really...
I mean if all the 113 (or 82) neg reps were on posts that the mentioned people disagreed with you, then it is not spam. I'm pretty sure No One does that with no regard to who is he disagreeing with him.
But if (some noticeable %) neg reps are for unrelated posts (like b-day wishes, off topic posts, market offers, etc.), then you can talk about neg rep spamming.

Agreed, especially for someone who apparently has little time. And shem is right about the neg repping also. If you want to complain, provide examples where it is undeserved. Again, privately and not as an angry post demanding nothing. Who says the numbers are right also? I dont doubt they are, but i see no proof to the contrary.

I'll tell you right now, Dark Demon, that you write things with a fair amount of conviction. That is, you're fairly certain that you're right in what you say (most of the time. Everyone has exceptions). That certainty comes across in your posts. People like different things, and it's easier to be disliked if you are blatantly obvious in liking different things.

THIS

DD you write things as if you know best, all the time, and many of the times you dont, and it makes people angry and they neg rep you. I thought we had got over this, but it seems you are doing it here and now, so perhaps it still lingers.

PM me if you want to discuss it more, but what i have said above still stands, this isnt a report of rep spamming, this is an angry rant.

more than 113 neg rep -  out of 856 posts, that's less than 1/7th of your posts, is it that unlikely someone didn't simply dislike 1/7th of your posts? Even more so for the ones who have given you less negative rep than that.

It is a large number but who's to say Plix Plox didn't give someone else a bunch also? Maybe he liked that red button instead of voicing out.

I am not angry, this was not a rant, no matter how it seems. However it seems this topic was not closed and I am forced to reply...

DD you write things as if you know best, all the time, and many of the times you dont, and it makes people angry and they neg rep you. I thought we had got over this, but it seems you are doing it here and now, so perhaps it still lingers.

Please show me (more than one) examples of when I last spoke like that. I doubt it was recent.

Have you thought bout the negative reps being given for disliking the posts you've made in the forum? Your past posts got around 5-6 neg reps per head on an average. So, maybe its not spam

20 neg-reps in bidding threads, followed by continuous neg rep in other topics afterwards, is spam. In cases when others neg repped me, at least one of the people I mentioned was consistent in every single post.

dst, someone who you seem to respect, had a fair bit of a negative rep balance for awhile. That's because she wrote her posts in a 'my way or the highway' style. Just look at her signature! :P People who post in ultimatums are generally disliked. On the other hand, people who post things like, "Maybe it happened this way" or "Well, my opinion is . . . but I could be wrong" are generally liked.

Generally, but not in MD. I mean, the way dst posted just now is "generally" disliked, but is it now?

People don't generally dislike or like posts without a reason. Yes, there are trolls out there, but I haven't found that many people who troll in MD. Someone could dislike someone else's posts because they don't like the other person's tone/writing style. Have the people you listed ever given you some positive rep? If they haven't, it's not proof that they are 'spamming rep'. Maybe they just don't like how your writing comes across.

There are trolls in MD. And you are also correct about not generally disliking/liking posts without reason. I'd love to hear those reasons. Not from others, but from the person giving them. No one, Plix Plox, Lazarus and Pipstickz, what are your reasons?

@No one: You don't care about your own rep (you just stated it) yet you say that. Feedback in MD is, according to you, clearly useless cause you will just go ahead and say it anyway, right? You throw away neg rep (you just stated that too... "In most of the threads I neg rep a person") as if the person who gets it will not care, because you don't care about it yourself. Well guess what, people DO care.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm really exhausted with all this now and I thought I'd finished with people being against me on the forums a while back, but I was so wrong. No matter what I do to change myself, your (some of you, not all) opinion about me will never change. So that's it, I'll just stop posting in general, apart from important stuff, like I was since the past few days.

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

I'm really exhausted with all this now and I thought I'd finished with people being against me on the forums a while back, but I was so wrong. No matter what I do to change myself, your (some of you, not all) opinion about me will never change. So that's it, I'll just stop posting in general, apart from important stuff, like I was since the past few days.

You went back to when you were posting things, and now are unhappy that they did it when you were posting stupid things?

Show me examples of it happening recently, i dont think it does

Please show me (more than one) examples of when I last spoke like that. I doubt it was recent.

Ok, here is the most recent example I can find:

Now that we can finally see who has given what rep, I would like to show to everyone my neg rep history. I spent a long time counting each and every post I've made in the past one year...

Plix Plox alone has given me more than 113 neg rep so far. This was the most shocking of all, as I never even had a proper conversation with him, ever. Didn't expect this one bit... reporting now for neg rep spam.

No one has given me more than 82 neg rep so far. I'm reporting now for neg rep spam.

Lazarus has given me more than 42 neg rep so far. Also reporting for spam as I barely talked to him, ever.

Pipstickz has spammed  more than 25 neg rep so far, which I also thought he'd never do as I have never spoken to him.

The rest of the neg rep, especially the ones given by dst, Chewett, Menhir and Nimrodel... I take full responsibility for as they all helped me change.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Mods, please take the respective actions against these spammers if you believe it is necessary. I also humbly request to please remove the accumulated number of neg rep from my account as it may give a wrong impression to some newer ones, which I really don't want as it won't help me help them.

Also, please close this topic. Whoever still wishes to post should not expect any reply. 

When I read this, I interpret it as something like "I'm vain enough to count up the rep on every single post I've made and stubborn enough to believe that it was unjust".

Every reputation point given does not need an accompanying reason for giving that reputation point, because that is one of the most important reasons for having a reputation system: as a forum host, would you rather have a ten page long argument where everybody replies to everything everyone else has said, or a five page long argument with little green and red buttons? Reputation is a much more concise way to show your approval or disapproval of a post, rather than replying every single time. Besides, believe it or not, I have spoken with you and tried to help you grow as a person, this only shows me that you did not listen.

I think you're misunderstanding what reps are for. They're not for for a person who in general dislike you to spam red on you; they're for people to voice their opinion on specific posts you make. It doesn't matter whether the person has spoken to you or not before; it's about their interaction with said post, not to you in general. In fact if someone gives you reps regardless of the post's content and just because how they think of you in general, that's the actual spamming.

Now rather than pointing out specific people, why not point out specific posts and complain about those if you think the negative reps there are unjust.

• Root Admin

Now rather than pointing out specific people, why not point out specific posts and complain about those if you think the negative reps there are unjust.

This is what anyone needs to do if they suspect anyone is spamming them. Sending the list to any mod who will look into it.

I would only repeat my self with different words ... so here is a not so old reply to one of your topics DD in which I forwarded my thoughts to you and it´s fitting here again. My aim will always be to "help" someone to free himself from "himself". Always keep in mind that everyone needs to find his/her answers to his/her own questions in his/her own time. So please move one or two steps back again and look at it again. We mostly learn from the "mistakes" we do.

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13925-a-confession/

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:48 PM
DD I´d like to give my 2 cents too. If anyone or anything can attack you or hurt you or lead you to something you don´t want - try the following.

ALWAYS ask yourself WHY you´re in this position and do not think one single second of others or the situation itself which "caused" it. I experienced that all situations which I was judging I was a big part of and I had definitely something to do with it - it was always me who was able to change! And then the understanding grew that I will never be able to change anyone else and that I do not even want to change anyone except myself. And this is the work you have to do and you will be able to do - work only on yourself - and this is not selfish - it´s the opposite, even if people try to tell you that you only care for yourself ...

All analysis afterwards will always lead to the fact that YOU can change YOUR part in a situation and NOTHING else. Once you are able to life this with consciousness you will start growing faster and things will move faster. That´s all for the start - take it or leave it - it´s up to you what YOU do with it.

All the best on YOUR way. And never forget it´s YOUR way and noone else should judge you for what or who you are. And at the same time accept if people have problems with your way of being and do never judge them or what they do.

So your forum rep is low, so what?

Forum rep doesn't mean that you are a bad person, or that people dislike you. Giving you negatives for either of those reasons is actually spam (hell, that a lot of those people on that list are people you HAVEN'T talked to much is the biggest evidence it's not spam to me). All it means is that people disagree with your ideas.

But so what? So people disagree with your ideas?

Does that make your ideas wrong? No.

Does it make your ideas right? No.

If Galileo had voiced his opinions about the world going around the sun on a forum like this, and the church had been able to neg rep him, they damn well would have. He'd still have been RIGHT, but he would at least know that most people disagreed with him (which he knew anyway, but lets ignore that for the sake of metaphor).