Favoritism

Nimrodel

I certainly felt jealous that Fang got this shiny, uncommon feature when he got it. If I ever said he shouldn't have it (I don't think I did, but I don't remember), that's really the only reason why. I would've come up with some bs reason so I would seem less petty, but that's the root of it.

Anybody that is listening will be able to tell, Mur is willing to try to change his behavior to suit us. If you have a problem with him, you owe it to yourself to take a step back and try to resolve it calmly. Stop the forum negativity curse.

I said majority. You maybe amongst the minority who were jealous. Others are not. I tried to rationalise my view point. But I can't accept it when people say its because I was Jealous. That is utter nonsense and totally unacceptable. Mur HIMSELF ASKED for negative views. We gave them. Its not like we opened a thread to say what we dislike about mur. If he wants to label our views as products of jealousy, I will label his defensive comments by saying he is just shielding his ego. If he cant accept our views, then better not post such a topic in the forum and then ridicule us later.

Just a side note.

Jealousy is a characteristic of a person that did not get favored treating, not of the one that did.

One can be equally jealous of someone who got something because he worked for it hard and of someone who gained something unjustly.

Looking at it from different side: jealous person can be both jealous and have valid arguments against someone being favored.

As I said, just a side note.

I'll quote these posts:

[spoiler]

"People who havent liked you getting the mp7 stuff."

so..people didn't liked fang GETTING that thing in the first place? then how could you not be biased in judging what he did with this ability?????

Also, you miss one essential point. One single person with one unique ability, will cause modification to the realm one way or an other. It is not like a diseas that is spreading ..like it happens with bugs. It is a stone that causes ripples. You simply can't live with the fact that such a powerful tool was given to a "nobody"

THAT is the issue, same with BFH...ENVY...people envy others getting stuff...you never actually think of "why", you think "why not you"

bfh worked unbelievably hard and gained my trust and admiration. His work volume exceeds most of the people i met in md. He is extreamly correct and objective in decisions, and managed to use very powrful tools with great care. When an additional hand was needed to control bans, he was perfect candidate (for this and for many other things too)

From my point of view, i think things like this:

i have "features" and "potential roles", and i need to associate them. I grab a player form the many available and i give that person stuff to play with. I could do it randomly but why to risk doing it randomly when md is so good at filtering people out. I honestly do not care between your personal competition, if i find someone that deserves, wishes and is suitable to a role, and i have the needed tools for that role, and the time, i will give that role to the first one requesting it. So far there were very very few people to fight over the same role anyway.

He didnt have to follow the bush he planted. It followed him.

I kept Mur informed, in my own way, with what i thought he needed to know, and then some.

Trust me. Hes heard more than hes wanted to from me more than once.

Besides. This little bush is smart enough. I know that since Mur gave me my Gift, anything i say, do, break, fix, etc, goes under his jurisdiction.

If i mess up, its his reputation on the line.

If i do good, same thing.

Realistically?

Ive been laying so low as of late due to working 6 days a week, that i seriously can not POSSIBLY be breaking anything.

But if you have any other statements concerning me Nim, just let me know.

Ill be more than happy to clarify what im allowed to/feel the need to.

I certainly felt jealous that Fang got this shiny, uncommon feature when he got it. If I ever said he shouldn't have it (I don't think I did, but I don't remember), that's really the only reason why. I would've come up with some bs reason so I would seem less petty, but that's the root of it.

Anybody that is listening will be able to tell, Mur is willing to try to change his behavior to suit us. If you have a problem with him, you owe it to yourself to take a step back and try to resolve it calmly. Stop the forum negativity curse.

[/spoiler]

"People who havent liked you getting the mp7 stuff."

so..people didn't liked fang GETTING that thing in the first place? then how could you not be biased in judging what he did with this ability?????

2 things wrongly put in just one line. Nice.

- ppl didn't liked Fang AT ALL, not just for getting that mp7 thing

- maybe we are biased, but do you know what he did with his MP7 ? or what he did since then ?

THAT is the issue, same with BFH...ENVY...people envy others getting stuff...you never actually think of "why", you think "why not you"

The question is : why not SOMEBODY ELSE ?

Also, you miss one essential point. One single person with one unique ability, will cause modification to the realm one way or an other. It is not like a diseas that is spreading ..like it happens with bugs. It is a stone that causes ripples. You simply can't live with the fact that such a powerful tool was given to a "nobody"

From my point of view, i think things like this:

i have "features" and "potential roles", and i need to associate them. I grab a player form the many available and i give that person stuff to play with. I could do it randomly but why to risk doing it randomly when md is so good at filtering people out. I honestly do not care between your personal competition, if i find someone that deserves, wishes and is suitable to a role, and i have the needed tools for that role, and the time, i will give that role to the first one requesting it. So far there were very very few people to fight over the same role anyway.

I am missing something. I don't get it.

If you have untested features you have to test them, you have test teams.

If you have to choose a "nobody" why do you choose a "somebody bad" ? fang was not a "nobody" at all when you gave him MP7.

And by the way Mur, did you read this carefully :

He didnt have to follow the bush he planted. It followed him.

I kept Mur informed, in my own way, with what i thought he needed to know, and then some.

Trust me. Hes heard more than hes wanted to from me more than once.

Besides. This little bush is smart enough. I know that since Mur gave me my Gift, anything i say, do, break, fix, etc, goes under his jurisdiction.

If i mess up, its his reputation on the line.

Just read what I marked. The rest is just to fill the page and hide his words.

Mur, Fang messed up big time and he used your reputation to hide under it. Is this the kind of person you want to protect ?

Right, you made a mistake too much. Don't try to fix it by protecting him.

He used the MP7 in his own interest.

You could have picked any number of ppl that are better at helping like : kiley, lashtal, samon, eara, tal, menhir, just take a pick from online list of players

You gave roles to noobs. Some worked some not. Why do you choose a "somebody bad" ?

There is no negativity / curse thing. I call it feedback. You either accept it and use it or you don't.

Being upset on things ... happens to me sometimes, but in the end it is just another way of wasting time.

Edited by No one

I'm not even going to get too deep into this one.

I'll just say this.

I'm not some criminal mastermind. I speak from the heart, regardless of the situation, in and out of game.

The rest you did not mark was not to hide anything. I said what I felt. Get over yourself. You're one of the few that hate me, you're words weigh less than air to me.

Ave
one tought from me. i have never really tought why a new thing is given to a new player and as i see mur has quite a lot of logic there. what i see as favoritism is the fact that usually new features gifts etc are given to the same circle of persons. but well maybe it just comfort and laziness.

He used the MP7 in his own interest.

You could have picked any number of ppl that are better at helping like : kiley, lashtal, samon, eara, tal, menhir, just take a pick from online list of players

How can you say that? Where is the proof?

Fang has helped newbies A GREAT DEAL. I've seen him do it myself. And I can confirm he's done a lot more to help newbies than any of the people you mentioned.

fang has NOT helped noobies. Setting easy rits so they can get the wins is NOT helping. If Mur or Council or anyone in power would have wanted that we'd have NPCs.

fang spouts false info the same way a toilet overflows. Wanna hear the latest one? Here:

[25/07/13 22:44] Fang Archbane:1000 wins over losses and you hit an imaginary exp cap for your crits, like having -500 honor or below.

fang said to everybody that he'll be a honor farm but then he got the oportunity to get in an ally and without a moment of hesitation he jumped in forgetting everything he promised.

fang attacks lower mind powers for his own selfish reasons when he has been told (and even his said it) that he should NOT do that.

fang has NOT helped noobies.

Bullshit

Setting easy rits so they can get the wins is NOT helping.

That was a phase, not end game

If Mur or Council or anyone in power would have wanted that we'd have NPCs.

Not even commenting on this one.

fang spouts false info the same way a toilet overflows. Wanna hear the latest one? Here:

[25/07/13 22:44] Fang Archbane:1000 wins over losses and you hit an imaginary exp cap for your crits, like having -500 honor or below.

Ok, have you realized i work 6 days a week? With little to no sleep in between? About 4 hours of sleep every night?

Excuse me if the info i gave was wrong. I dont see anyone else trying to help kids. From what i hear, you hate newbs DST, so as far as im concerned, you can suck it, at least im trying.

fang said to everybody that he'll be a honor farm
Once again, that was a phase, why must anything i do be permanent or set in stone? Im pretty sure im allowed to evolve change and do as i god damn please with my own life, helping takes many shapes and forms.

but then he got the oportunity to get in an ally and without a moment of hesitation he jumped in forgetting everything he promised.

Id been wanting to return home to Marind Bell since before i became MP7. You can ask anyone that knows me. Let me rephrase that, anyone that knows me that isnt a dick. Aka you, No One, etc etc. Anyone with half a brain.

fang attacks lower mind powers for his own selfish reasons when he has been told (and even his said it) that he should NOT do that.

When an mp3 or mp4 needs losses and i dont see other 3s or 4s around, i personally help them out.

If you cant handle the responsibility, give it up for someone who can.

Most of the reasons why you even want to go back to marind bell is because of some half baked scheme you spout.

Sometimes there is no use in explaining yourself. Just own up to your actions and have some accountability for once in your life.

Is there more than a handful of topics which are not developing into a flame war? As I realised that MD is more then a "game" I always thought in a constructive way but since some months I get the feeling that the other side of the coins is nearly getting the upper position. Please lets return to the original topic ...

Thank you. 

Anyone else feel like getting something off their chest about me?

Come on, go ahead, lurkers are welcome, say it now and say it loud, this is the thread for that, go for it :D

I stopped caring about what the haters had to say a looooong time ago ( ^_^)

Edited by Fang Archbane

Anyone else feel like getting something off their chest about me?

Come on, go ahead, lurkers are welcome, say it now and say it loud, this is the thread for that, go for it :D

I stopped caring about what the haters had to say a looooong time ago ( ^_^)

As long as you feel the need to say something you care, otherwise you would just turn around and smile. I still care about MD, myself in it and most of the people who are a part of this "community". And even if I did say what I said in my previous post I´m always in favor of friction. Friction is needed to evolve and I know there are many different ways of friction. I just do prefer the constructive over the destructive one. I would like to see 100 people active in MD everyday. The presence of 100 would change so much. But the reality looks different and I observe that we are getting less and less. Destructive friction is one of the causes. 

So I try it again. Please lets go back to the topic if there is anything needed to express.

Thank you