Nominations for MD Awards 2013

dst

Rules:

-There will be 2 people counting votes and organising this. These people will not be able to be nominated, however they are able to vote. These people are myself (dst) and Grido

- You may not nominate those who belong to the same land as yourself (this not only means hard-coded, but also those people considered part of certain lands). "This is an MD awards event, if a person deserves one of the awards, it is on the global level, not on local level, however capable the person is, which justifies the ban of the land nominations , possibly votes too". If you note nominations slipping through this, please let Grido or myself  know.
- There will be a minimum of 3, and a maximum of 5 players nominated for each category.
- Past winners will be allowed to be nominated again, however, if there are more than 5 names nominated when it closes, those will be the first removed.
- Mur cannot be nominated (sorry Mur)
- Previous Fossil (or a similar award if that does not exist this year) winners, cannot win again.
- You may only nominate one person per category. If you nominate multiple people, none will be added.
- You may not nominate yourself, or another account you play.

Categories:

Adventuring Award
For the person most dedicated, or who perseveres most at quests. Not necessarily for completing, or winning the most.

Best Beautification

Given for the highest quality of artistic contributions given to beautify the realm, be it personification of papers, contribution to avatar gallery, or item depiction.

Champion Fighter
For the person considered to be the best fighter in the realm, this does not necessarily have to be the strongest fighter in the realm, but the one that uses the combat system to the best effect.

Fossil of the year
For the player who has been around so long they have turned into a fossil. The player must be visibly active over the past year, and on the veterans list in game.

Helper of the Year
For the player deemed to have been the most helpful. This is open to any player, and is not restricted to LHOs. The area of helpfulness the player focusses on can vary, but due to the original focus of the award being to LHOs, it would be implied that the award is based on peoples helpfulness towards newer players. The voter should realise that even though they may not get on with, or have been helped by one of the nominees, this does not mean that the player is not indeed helpful.

Most Addicted
For the player who just can't leave MD for more than a minute without needing a fix.

Most Popular
Given to that most charismatic player who has attracted the largest and most consistent following. Not to be given to the most powerful or prestigious member of the realm, but rather the most well-loved.

Outstanding Service to MD
For the player thought to have done the most to contribute to MD over the year. This can be in any field.

Pre-eminent Role Player
For the player deemed to Role Play the best. The player does not have to stay in character all the time to win this award (though it may help), rather when they do role play it is to the highest standard - this does usually go in hand with remaining in character.

Prime Quest
For the player seen as creating the best quest over the past year. Just because a voter did not manage to complete the quest, does not mean it was a bad quest necessarily, the voter is asked to take this into account when voting.

Rookie of the year
For the player deemed to have made the most progress since they started their account. The player must have created their account since 1st November 2012 and have more than 20 AD at the time of voting. By progress it is meant a step towards a defined role or position (not necessarily official) within the realm, or integration within the community to a large degree.

Top Techie
For the person credited as creating the most popular MD-scripted event or script.

All nominations should be made until Thursday 23:59:59 (ST).

Edited by Grido

Adventuring Award: Amberrune

Best Beautification: Gonzalocdsf

Champion Fighter: Darkraptor

Fossil of the year: PRinc Rhaegar

Helper of the Year: Syrian

Pre-eminent Role Player: Draconas

Outstanding Service to MD: Chewett (if he is eligible)

Rookie of the year: Ary Endleg

Top Techie: Darkraptor (someone nominate Burns too. ;))

Edited by Nimrodel

Adventuring Award: AmberRune

Best Beautification: Lazarus

Champion Fighter: Darkraptor

Helper of the Year: Syrian

Outstanding Service to MD: Chewett

Rookie of the year: Valoryn

Prime Quest - Lashtal

Most Addicted: Darkraptor

ah I forgot 

Top Techie: Darkraptor

Edited: I removed Burns and Nimrodel from the categories because of the changed rules.

Edited by Menhir

No one for Adventuring

dragonrider7 for Beautification

concussion for Fighter

Summer breeze for Popular

Nimrodel for Prime Quest

BFH for Outst. Service

Eon for RPer

Ary Endleg for RotY

darkraptor Techie

Edited by Rophs

Adventuring Award: Nimrodel ( But since I'm not allowed to vote her being on the same land then nobody)

Best Beautification : Lazarus

Champion Fighter: MRAlyon ( Oh wait .. not allowed that either .. cancel that )

Fossil of the year: stavaroiu

Helper of the Year: Mya Celestia

Most Addicted: darkraptor
Most Popular: darkraptor

Outstanding Service to MD: darkraptor

Prime Quest: lashtal

Rookie of the year: Lanaya

Top Techie: Chewet.

Edited by Master

Adventuring Award
Nimrodel

Best Beautification

Neno Veliki

Champion Fighter
Burns

Fossil of the year
No one

Helper of the Year
Syrian

Most Addicted
Syrian

Most Popular
Syrian

Chewett

Pre-eminent Role Player
Intrigue

Prime Quest
Darkraptor

Rookie of the year
Syrian

Top Techie

Burns

Edited by Ary Endleg

it would be good that these rewards are somehow automatic so people dont have

to chose between their friends, making "most popular" factor(in its human way)

much more influential to all others..

which is perfectly normal but certain feeling of tiny guilt can hardly be avoided in this cases..

Adventurer: Amberune

Most Popular: Summer Breeze

Most addicted: Syrian

Helper of the year: Syrian

Top Techie: Darkraptor

Rookie of the year: Ary Endleg

Prime Quest: Darkraptor

Champion fighter: Concussion

Outstanding service to MD: Chewet

Fossil of the year: Prince Rhaegar

Pre-eminent role player: Draconas

Adventuring Award

Nimrodel

Best Beautification

BlackThorn

Champion Fighter
Clock Master

Chewett

Pre-eminent Role Player
Kiley Eon

Prime Quest
darkraptor

Rookie of the year

Ary Endleg

Top Techie

darkraptor

Edited: I forgot I cannot nominate Kiley

Edited by lashtal

Adventuring Award
Nimrodel

Best Beautification

Bash Chelik

Champion Fighter
Darkraptor

Fossil of the year 

Helper of the Year
Nimrodel

Most Addicted
darkraptor

Most Popular
Azull

BFH lightning

Pre-eminent Role Player
syrian

Prime Quest
Nimrodel

Rookie of the year
Andur

Top Techie
Burns

Edited by Sunfire

Adventuring Award
Nimrodel

Helper of the Year
Sunfire

Most Addicted
darkraptor

Most Popular

Valldore Nal

Chewett

Prime Quest
darkraptor.

Rookie of the year

Ary Endleg

Edited by Eara Meraia

I've seen many of you nominated innocence for RP.

I am sorry to say but he will NOT be taken into account for the votes. Not this year not never as long as I am organizing this (and even beyond if I will be able to).

So if you want to nominate someone else, please do so.

• Root Admin

I've seen many of you nominated innocence for RP.
I am sorry to say but he will NOT be taken into account for the votes. Not this year not never as long as I am organizing this (and even beyond if I will be able to).
So if you want to nominate someone else, please do so.

What is the reasoning for this?

• Root Admin

I wouldnt say point 2 is fair, nor valid. Point 1 however does seem fine although i cant find a reference in that thread to them saying they didnt want to (only becuase i know they doesnt have a forum account and cant see anything in that first page.

I wouldnt say point 2 is fair, nor valid. Point 1 however does seem fine although i cant find a reference in that thread to them saying they didnt want to (only becuase i know they doesnt have a forum account and cant see anything in that first page.

I didn't say point 2 is fair or valid. Innocence has a forum account which he uses to troll and neg rep people and we all know that account. Him denying it has no effect in my eyes.

Anyways, I think it's enough offtopic. If you deem necessary please split/delete/move/hide the "offtopic".

The only reason people cannot be nominated (aside from previous fossil winners, and such listed in the exclusions) is if they opt out of the awards. Innocence has done so on previous years, going so far as to give back awards given. This shall be permanent or until a time when they publicly state that they would like to be involved again.

Please keep the rest of this thread clean for nominations. Any queries you have please post here; http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/15146-questions-on-md-awards-rules/

That includes any replies to statements made by either dst or myself.

Best Beautification -  Bash Chelik
Champion Fighter - darkraptor
Helper of the Year - Syrian
Most Addicted - Eon (well, maybe not this year)
Most Popular - Chewett
Prime Quest - Nimrodel

Rookie of the year - I have several in mind, can't make a choice as of yet (Ary, Bash, Gljivoje)

Adventuring Award: Amberrune
Best Beautification : Gonzalocdsf
Champion Fighter: Clock Master
Fossil of the year: No One
Helper of the Year: Mya Celestia
Most Popular: Chewett
Prime Quest: Nimrodel
Rookie of the year: Valoryn
Top Techie: Burns
Pre-eminent role player: Draconas