Re-Application to Loreroot

Fang Archbane

GG had Fang Archbane, not Granite Wolf, once again, youre talking about the player that controls both characters, not the character himself. Granite and Fang have no connection whatsoever.

with reference to that. Granite had associations with gg as well. He was simply no allowed inside.

with reference to that. Granite had associations with gg as well. He was simply no allowed inside.

I never denied that he was not allowed in. I simply stated that after some thought on the matter, Granites loyalties now and forever lie with LR. It was not an easy choice to make but he made it.

As things are going LR will also deny Granite, but that is ok, and honestly, is still all part of the main plan for Granite, so no complaints here. Granite would love nothing more than to join LR for life, but the next best thing is never joining it, and forever being Denied, if that makes sense.

I never denied that he was not allowed in. I simply stated that after some thought on the matter, Granites loyalties now and forever lie with LR. It was not an easy choice to make but he made it.

As things are going LR will also deny Granite, but that is ok, and honestly, is still all part of the main plan for Granite, so no complaints here. Granite would love nothing more than to join LR for life, but the next best thing is never joining it, and forever being Denied, if that makes sense.

I made a very important word much more visible for future reference in the event that Granite decides to join a different land.

I made a very important word much more visible for future reference in the event that Granite decides to join a different land.

In the event? There is no event. If he gets accepted, hes in for life. If he doesnt, hell still travel the road of the trees.

Worst case scenario, Granite becomes his own form of Lorerootian in Mind and Soul, a title is just that, nothing less, nothing more.

Edited by Fang Archbane

In the event? There is no event. If he gets accepted, hes in for life. If he doesnt, hell still travel the road of the trees.

Worst case scenario, Granite becomes his own form of Lorerootian in Mind and Soul, a title is just that, nothing less, nothing more.

Well said Granite.  You already seem to be a Lorerootian in your heart.  For that I commend you and your refusal to let others define your role.  I would suggest that you continue, as you have stated you will, and be a "Lorerootian" in word and deed, regardless if they will let you in or not.  

Here's my questions for the "Lorerootians":  Mur says he wants everyone to join a land...so Why the 3rd degree?  He clearly wants in.  Are you so strong that you do not need any new members?   Besides, Granite is a Good Boy!...yes he is!... I even hear he is potty trained.  :P  

To be clear, this isn't at Fang/Granite, purely in response to BT's post.

Here's my questions for the "Lorerootians":  Mur says he wants everyone to join a land...so Why the 3rd degree?  He clearly wants in.  Are you so strong that you do not need any new members?

Just wanting to be a part of a land is not the point, the person has to work within that family. You're not going to invite a person to join a land that's diametrically opposed to what the land is, just because they want to join. Or if someone is in jail, you're not going to open the gate and let them out a week into their sentence just because they really want out, because they quite probably wouldn't work/fit within the wider world (until they're reformed/such).

A land is more than just the trees, buildings, and paths around, the people within it make up the land as well, and you can't have one without the other. In a land where everyone likes the landscape, but nobody gets on with each other, nothing would ever happen other than in-house fighting.

To be clear, this isn't at Fang/Granite, purely in response to BT's post.

Just wanting to be a part of a land is not the point, the person has to work within that family. You're not going to invite a person to join a land that's diametrically opposed to what the land is, just because they want to join. Or if someone is in jail, you're not going to open the gate and let them out a week into their sentence just because they really want out, because they quite probably wouldn't work/fit within the wider world (until they're reformed/such).

A land is more than just the trees, buildings, and paths around, the people within it make up the land as well, and you can't have one without the other. In a land where everyone likes the landscape, but nobody gets on with each other, nothing would ever happen other than in-house fighting.

Thanks Grido, I appreciate the response.   And While I see your point in a general sense, I was asking specifically about Granite and why you all seem so opposed to letting him into LR, not you personally, but the LR members in general. (based on the posts and poll results posted in this thread)   By his responses, it doesn't seem he is "diametrically opposed" to LR or it's people. 

I was just reading Petty Dodd's request to join MB.  There is a real difference in this thread and that one, they are very kind and welcoming.  It really Makes LR people Look bad by comparison.   And by bad I mean to say unkind and a bit arrogant.  sorry just calling it like I see it.   I wonder how new players view this dialogue?  

Again Grido, thank you for your candor, your response begs another question though.  Are new players allowed into LR?  Because by your logic you have no way of knowing if they will "Get on with" the current citizens or not.  Sounds like you are describing a popularity clique based upon personal likes and dislikes. Perhaps that is not what you meant.   What happened to accepting people into a land based upon their roles?   Seems a wolf role fits in pretty well to a forest. (lots of trees to pee on) :P   But I guess things have changed and now only the right sort of people get in. 

I am also wondering what got me the neg rep?  Was it me supporting a valuable member of our community?   Or was it that I asked the power elite a couple of questions?  Either way, It shows intolerance... so Neg rep away.

To Granite: I think you are an awesome player and I enjoy your Role playing.   You have made me (in my many guises) laugh many times. 

Edited by Blackthorn

How I love old players that come back and think they know everything! Yes, I am talking about you Blackthorn.

Let me enlighten you just because I have a "special mood" today.

granite wolf/fang archbane isn't the brightest star on the sky. Furthermore, his actions always caused mess and hysteria. He is unreliable and under the cover of "wanting to do good" he follows his own agenda (which is not a bad thing but the layer of hypocrisy is too thick even for some players).

I don't like loreroot but this time I don't blame me. They are reluctant in having among their already messed land a player that could potentially cause even more mess. I suggest you search the forum for fang's posts/topics (as well as the announcements) to see for yourself. Oh sorry, I forgot. You already know everything and you don't need to read the forum or anns. I apologist for assuming you want to update your info.

It really Makes LR people Look bad by comparison.   And by bad I mean to say unkind and a bit arrogant.  sorry just calling it like I see it.

Oh...getting a taste of your own medicine? :d Not nice, huh? :D

Sounds like you are describing a popularity clique based upon personal likes and dislikes. Perhaps that is not what you meant.

Really? Look a bit back (around 2008-2009 maybe 2010). Does that ring a bell? And you say you already know stuff....tzk tzk tzk.

Was it me supporting a valuable member of our community?

Valuable? Ha! What do YOU know about this character? Grow up! Get your head out of the hole and UPDATE yourself!

Either way, It shows intolerance... so Neg rep away.

No. It shows disapproval of your point of view.

Thanks Grido, I appreciate the response.   And While I see your point in a general sense, I was asking specifically about Granite and why you all seem so opposed to letting him into LR, not you personally, but the LR members in general. (based on the posts and poll results posted in this thread)   By his responses, it doesn't seem he is "diametrically opposed" to LR or it's people. 

I was just reading Petty Dodd's request to join MB.  There is a real difference in this thread and that one, they are very kind and welcoming.  It really Makes LR people Look bad by comparison.   And by bad I mean to say unkind and a bit arrogant.  sorry just calling it like I see it.   I wonder how new players view this dialogue?  

Again Grido, thank you for your candor, your response begs another question though.  Are new players allowed into LR?  Because by your logic you have no way of knowing if they will "Get on with" the current citizens or not.  Sounds like you are describing a popularity clique based upon personal likes and dislikes. Perhaps that is not what you meant.   What happened to accepting people into a land based upon their roles?   Seems a wolf role fits in pretty well to a forest. (lots of trees to pee on) :P   But I guess things have changed and now only the right sort of people get in. 

I am also wondering what got me the neg rep?  Was it me supporting a valuable member of our community?   Or was it that I asked the power elite a couple of questions?  Either way, It shows intolerance... so Neg rep away.

To Granite: I think you are an awesome player and I enjoy your Role playing.   You have made me (in my many guises) laugh many times. 

First things first. You got neg reps because people don't agree with your opinion, not because you supporting anyone. Don't get paranoid. Also not quite sure who you meant by "power elite" just now.

Anyway, to get to any land you have to pass a vote. To pass a vote you have to make citizens want to vote for you. It's not like it was before application and "click" granted. Lands have their own governments and laws and responsibilities and events and more. The negative tone with which Granite started this topic might be why he got the negative response. Not just quite from Lorerootians you might notice.

You say "only the right sort of people get in" yes, it's the kind that doesn't demand to be voted for, the kind that goes to people and talks to them. That's how one can get people to want him in. ("want him in" not just "let him in" ) And that's what I believe he was asked to do.

Petty Dodd, I believe had already gone and spoken to at least a few members of Bell, Granite however essentially said, "come to me, this is where I am, because you need to put the effort in, not me" which isn't an appropriate way of trying to integrate yourself into a land and is also a basis for many of the comments that you say make lr people look bad.

I can't speak for lr, but I can speak for golemus (I shouldn't imagine this varies much though) with regard to new players being allowed in, I know if someone will get on with the current citizens, because they've already started doing so. If a player has made no efforts to interact with the current citizens, I am very unlikely to vote in favour of their application.

Nowhere in my previous 2 posts do I state that I know everything. Yes I am talking to you dst. :))   Any reasonable person would see that is why questions where asked. because I did not know and was trying to understand.  I do not share your opinion about Granite/Fang (nor Loreroot for that matter).  His role playing is very bright and imaginative. He is valuable because he make the game better for his being here as does anyone who comes here and contributes as he does.  

Shem, I wasn't being paranoid.  I just read and re-read my original post and couldn't for the life of me understand what I had said to be neg'd.  Yes I understand that they did not agree with me...I was just wondering which part they disagreed with; the support for a Valuable player, or the questions. You're right. the whole "power elite" thing was a poor choice of words.  What I meant was that I thought that possibly it was due to me questioning those with the power to decide Granite's fate in this matter.  

In my original post, I believe I said that he should continue to act as though he were a LR'ian.  If Granite does so and he is truly a LR'ian in his heart and by his deeds, then How could he be rejected?  Unless as it sounds from the responses I read here, that what you all are saying is that this is more about popularity than anything else.  Which is fine, except it seems to go against Mur's wish that everyone join a land.  How does someone, who is deemed by this system to be unacceptable, join a land?

Grido, I really appreciate how you communicate your thoughts so clearly.  It really helps me to understand.  I guess I hadn't looked at Granite's request quite that way. His tone is a bit Gruff...but then he is a wolf. :P  His tone might be explained by his previous rejection..though that is not an excuse.  Still if people treat him as dst has here in this post, then it is understandable.  Most of us can appreciate a situation where you wish to gain some "thing", but believe that those who hold that "thing" in their power, will reject you for their opinion that...what did dst say?...ah yes.. "He... isn't the brightest star on the sky".  Or maybe he wasn't thinking about the way his tone would be perceived? 

Granite, I still think you are an awesome player and like that you have your own ideas.  Personally I find you very bright, funny, and imaginative.   I look forward to more of your Wolfy antics, and hope they try a little harder to understand you and choose to allow you to join LR. 

Remember your little chat with Chewett at GOE some days ago? When you stated lots of things because you KNEW they were like that eons ago when you were all mighty and powerful? And when Chewett tried to explain you things you acted all cocky and all knowing?  Does that ring a bell?

How can you call yourself a lorerootian and then PUBLICLY go against your own kind? Oh wait, this IS the OLD loreroot way: washing dirty laundry in public. You try to bite the ones that hold the power now out of envy. You're an old player that had a lot of power and lost it. That eats you out.

fang/granite's rp is  lame at most. Wait....you LIKE and ENJOY lame rp. I keep forgetting you were coe.

fang/granite is a plague to ANY land and/or ally.

HA HA Ha Ha Ha!  :))  :))  :))  :))  :))  LMAO!     I feel sorry for you dst. 

To set the record straight, I am not in LR (therefore I do not call myself a Lorerootian)...I am not a citizen of any Land, nor do I plan to be.  I never held a position of power and never cared to.  and I was never in COE...The only envy I know was Envy of Endurance.  He was a good friend and a great player, much like Granite Wolf. 

Granite don't listen to dst, your RP is awesome. :D

mods please move the last 2 posts as they have nothing to do with this topic.  Thanks.

Edited by Blackthorn

[spoiler]

Nowhere in my previous 2 posts do I state that I know everything. Yes I am talking to you dst. :))   Any reasonable person would see that is why questions where asked. because I did not know and was trying to understand.  I do not share your opinion about Granite/Fang (nor Loreroot for that matter).  His role playing is very bright and imaginative. He is valuable because he make the game better for his being here as does anyone who comes here and contributes as he does.  

Shem, I wasn't being paranoid.  I just read and re-read my original post and couldn't for the life of me understand what I had said to be neg'd.  Yes I understand that they did not agree with me...I was just wondering which part they disagreed with; the support for a Valuable player, or the questions. You're right. the whole "power elite" thing was a poor choice of words.  What I meant was that I thought that possibly it was due to me questioning those with the power to decide Granite's fate in this matter.  

In my original post, I believe I said that he should continue to act as though he were a LR'ian.  If Granite does so and he is truly a LR'ian in his heart and by his deeds, then How could he be rejected?  Unless as it sounds from the responses I read here, that what you all are saying is that this is more about popularity than anything else.  Which is fine, except it seems to go against Mur's wish that everyone join a land.  How does someone, who is deemed by this system to be unacceptable, join a land?

Grido, I really appreciate how you communicate your thoughts so clearly.  It really helps me to understand.  I guess I hadn't looked at Granite's request quite that way. His tone is a bit Gruff...but then he is a wolf. :P  His tone might be explained by his previous rejection..though that is not an excuse.  Still if people treat him as dst has here in this post, then it is understandable.  Most of us can appreciate a situation where you wish to gain some "thing", but believe that those who hold that "thing" in their power, will reject you for their opinion that...what did dst say?...ah yes.. "He... isn't the brightest star on the sky".  Or maybe he wasn't thinking about the way his tone would be perceived? 

Granite, I still think you are an awesome player and like that you have your own ideas.  Personally I find you very bright, funny, and imaginative.   I look forward to more of your Wolfy antics, and hope they try a little harder to understand you and choose to allow you to join LR. 

HA HA Ha Ha Ha!  :))  :))  :))  :))  :))  LMAO!     I feel sorry for you dst. 

To set the record straight, I am not in LR (therefore I do not call myself a Lorerootian)...I am not a citizen of any Land, nor do I plan to be.  I never held a position of power and never cared to.  The only envy I know was Envy of Endurance.  He was a good friend and a great player, much like Granite Wolf. 

Granite don't listen to dst, your RP is awesome. :D

mods please move the last 2 posts as they have nothing to do with this topic.  Thanks.

[/spoiler]

If you are not a LR ... then why are you supporting him to get into LR ? Anyway, I don't really want to know this.

I am not as keen too RP as you might be and thus I see that Fang has only 3 thing constant in his char for display to public:

- himself & his interest & his disregard to others' interest and point of view and good advices

- his will to join a group : ANY alliance / land

- his name

Only 2 things are bad but all 3 will follow him in his MD life and there is nothing you can do to change those. He has tried and it has been given to him the benefit of the doubt a couple of times.

But I guess that you too disregard the "good advices" as you didn't read about Fang as dst suggested.

Take my post as the second advice to read Fang's past posts. There are things that you might learn for RL (yea for Real Life) use.

Umm i still wonder why we are arguing for/against someone who claims to have left md. Waste of time, forum space,no good will come out of it. I guess mya is the mod of this forum. Can the thread be closed since fang is no more interested in being a lorerootian or playing md?

Interesting though BT. You were excommunicated from loreroot I believe. Since when did you start worrying about it? Reply in pm.

I've read pages and pages of Fang's posts...enough to see why so many disapprove of him.  He is, to say the least...Provocative.  But I am a Toaist.  I don't try to force what is into what is not.  I appreciate him as he is and accept him and what he does.  The problem is not Fang...the problem is trying to make Fang fit into a nice little homogenous box.  He won't fit, and as I said before, I like that he goes his own way. I like that he is noisome and abrasive,,,much the way I like dst.(though i doubt that she believes I do).  I support him because I like him.   He is bothersome to many of you because you only wish to make him into something else and do not recognize his true value.  He is hilarious...I suggest you go back and re-read his posts...he really makes me laugh. 

here let me use a toaist teaching to illustrate. 

"Colors Blind the eye.

Sounds deafen the ear.

Flavors numb the taste.

Thoughts weaken the mind.

Desires wither the heart.

The Master observes the world but trusts his inner vision.

He allows things to come and go.

His heart is as open as the sky.

" A man said to the Bard, "I have a large tree which no carpenter will cut into lumber. It's Branches and trunk are crooked and tough, covered with bumps and depressions. No builder would turn his head to look at it. Your teaching is the same as the tree-useless, without value. Therefore no one (no not you No One) pays attention to them."

"As you know," replied the Bard, "a cat is very skilled at capturing its prey. Crouching low, it can leap in any direction, pursuing whatever it is after. Yet when its attention is focused on such things, it can easily be caught with a net. On the other hand, A huge yak is not easily caught or overcome. It stands like a stone, or a cloud in the sky. Still, for all its strength, it cannot catch a mouse.

You complain that your tree is not valuable as lumber. But you could make use of the shade it provides, rest under its sheltering branches, and stroll beneath it, admiring its character and appearance. Since it is not endangered by an axe, what could threaten its existence? It is useless to you because you only wish to make it into something else and do not recognize its true form or use it in its proper way."

(Lao tse. from the Tao Te Ching.)

(borrowed and adapted from the writings of Chuang-Tse).

Through working in harmony with life's circumstances, Taoist understanding changes what others may perceive as negative into something positive. From the Taoist point of view, negative emotions and feelings come from the interfering and unappreciative mind.

This is why some posts in the forums make me laugh, but at the same time make me sorry for those people.  Words designed to hold power over others, angry personal attacks, and pointing out past or present mistakes... these are all pointless.  While It can be fun to watch  someone try to pound a square peg through a round hole, and it often makes me laugh because I do it too, I also sympathize with that persons inability to see the world as it simply is and to appreciate the truth that square pegs do not fit through round holes. 

Oh yeah, and MD is the Real World.  :P

Edited by Blackthorn

I've read pages and pages of Fang's posts...enough to see why so many disapprove of him.  He is, to say the least...Provocative.  But I am a Toaist.  I don't try to force what is into what it is not.  I appreciate him as he is and accept him and what he does.  The problem in not Fang...the problem is trying to make Fang fit into a nice little homogenous box.  He won't fit, and as I said before, I like that he goes his own way. I like that he is noisome and abrasive,,,much the way I like dst.(though i doubt that she believes I do).  I support him because I like him.   He is bothersome to many of you because you only wish to make him into something else and do not recognize his true value.  He is hilarious...I suggest you go back and re-read his posts...he really makes me laugh. 
here let me use a toaist teaching to illustrate. 

"Colors Blind the eye.
 Sounds deafen the ear.
 Flavors numb the taste.
 Thoughts weaken the mind.
 Desires wither the heart.
 The Master observes the world but trusts his inner vision.
 He allows things to come and go.
 His heart is as open as the sky.

" A man said to the Bard, "I have a large tree which no carpenter will cut into lumber. It's Branches and trunk are crooked and tough, covered with bumps and depressions. No builder would turn his head to look at it. Your teaching is the same as the tree-useless, without value. Therefore no one (no not you No One) pays attention to them."
"As you know," replied the Bard, "a cat is very skilled at capturing its prey. Crouching low, it can leap in any direction, pursuing whatever it is after. Yet when its attention is focused on such things, it can easily be caught with a net. On the other hand, A huge yak is not easily caught or overcome. It stands like a stone, or a cloud in the sky. Still, for all its strength, it cannot catch a mouse.
You complain that your tree is not valuable as lumber. But you could make use of the shade it provides, rest under its sheltering branches, and stroll beneath it, admiring its character and appearance. Since it is not endangered by an axe, what could threaten its existence? It is useless to you because you only wish to make it into something else and do not recognize its true form or use it in its proper way."

(Lao tse. from the Tao Te Ching.)

Through working in harmony with life's circumstances, Taoist understanding changes what others may perceive as negative into something positive. From the Taoist point of view, negative emotions and feelings come from the interfering and unappreciative mind.

It is why some posts in the forums make me laugh, but at the same time make me sorry for those people.  Words designed to hold power over others, angry personal attacks, and pointing out past or present mistakes... these are all pointless.  While It can be fun to watch  someone try to pound a square peg through a round hole, and it often makes me laugh, I also sympathize with that persons inability to see the world as it simply is and to appreciate the truth that square pegs do not fit through round holes. 

Oh yeah, and MD is the Real World.  :P

Had i been a taoist like you, I'd have quoted all that when you rebelled against Firs and pushed loreroot into the state of civil war. Dont give all that bs now. It proves you are a hippocrite of the highest order. Edited by Nimrodel

I am glad dst, no one, and nimrodel are not lorerootians.

Petty Dodd, I believe had already gone and spoken to at least a few members of Bell, Granite however essentially said, "come to me, this is where I am, because you need to put the effort in, not me" which isn't an appropriate way of trying to integrate yourself into a land and is also a basis for many of the comments that you say make lr people look bad.

I can't speak for lr, but I can speak for golemus (I shouldn't imagine this varies much though) with regard to new players being allowed in, I know if someone will get on with the current citizens, because they've already started doing so. If a player has made no efforts to interact with the current citizens, I am very unlikely to vote in favour of their application.

Grido's perspective (also not lorerootian): Interesting, but the anxiety of being pounced on every second makes finding NEW friends just get harder and harder with every active day, even across multiple names.

Granite Wolf's not the newest player, so unfortunately there's that.  Acting like a new player is always rewarding...well, unless everyone's ready to pounce on you every second, which seems to be biconditional with not being a new player.

Edited by Ackshan Bemunah

Grido's perspective is interesting, but the anxiety of being pounced on every second makes finding NEW friends just get harder and harder with every active day, even across multiple names.

Not true. Unless you're a total prick that tries to hide under different characters. See fenrir, fang etc.

Nim, I have been a very imperfect student of the Tao most of my life.  Being a Taoist doesn't mean I don't make mistakes..nor does it mean I don't learn from them.   Neither makes me a hypocrite.  Also I think you have little understanding of Taoist teaching.  The "Art of War" by Sun Tsu is considered by most of the world as the quintessential text on war.(and Business) It was written by a master of the Tao. 

I am sorry that you have such a low opinion of me. 

Edited by Blackthorn

Not true.

On second thought, there are definitely many cases where the hostility didn't build over time, they just happen to not be the ones that came to mind.  Ivorak, darkraptor, shadowseeker off the top of my head.

I'll maintain, though, that this reaction from outside can make or break someone's ability to preserve innocence and keep acting "like a new player", though I'm still not sure exactly what that means.

Edited by Ackshan Bemunah

Nim, I have been a very imperfect student of the Tao most of my life.  Being a Taoist doesn't mean I don't make mistakes..nor does it mean I don't learn from them.   Neither makes me a hypocrite.  Also I think you have little understanding of Taoist teaching.  The "Art of War" by Sun Tsu is considered by most of the world as the quintessential text on war.(and Business) It was written by a master of the Tao. 
I am sorry that you have such a low opinion of me.

Yes BT. You have been following taoism since so many years and are still imperfect. Me... I'd respect your beliefs and your philosophies as long as you don't try to make me behave the same way. Especially when you are not creating a good example yourself. You do not want to accept dst for who she is or no one for who they are. You want us to change our methods but you want us to accept fang for who he is? And you say you aren't a hypocrite? Again.. Rest of the stuff i'll pm you. Don't want to drag this anymore.

Had you said that when I left loreroot, I'd have probably been hurt beyond measure. Now... I don't care.