State of MD-Chat

Tipu

So u r saying put the plp in one place and they will start talking ...uhmm i don't think so

I think plp stopped using MD chat long b4 this Viscosity was introduced.

Yeah it was largely due to 'SPYING' u might be knowing better than me about it hehe  

Thats y most prefer using Skype in MD rather than MD chat itself in order to be on the safe side. 

As u never know when u have x'ed the rules of the MD hehe

So u r saying put the plp in one place and they will start talking ...uhmm i don't think so

I think plp stopped using MD chat long b4 this Viscosity was introduced.

Yeah it was largely due to 'SPYING' u might be knowing better than me about it hehe  

Thats y most prefer using Skype in MD rather than MD chat itself in order to be on the safe side. 

As u never know when u have x'ed the rules of the MD hehe

Yes indeed! Cause you are all sooo innocent and NEVER talk behind someone's back! Yes! You talk in plain open. 

So you're right. Use skype and chatzy and whatever chat client you have. I will cry rivers of tears for not being able to "SPY" on you. Actually I will start right now. I will go to my corner and start crying. Brb when I am done.

• Root Admin

I am pretty sure Tipu is onto something.

There used to be a very intimate feel to the MD chat.  I am able to restore that attitude and use it when I talk with new players (not recently, too conflicted to un-block MD at the moment) and it's tremendously fun...but somehow all of the snitching in recent years has gotten fear into people's heads...not the young, the old.

examples?

Why not just.... well you know use the md chat? The only excuse i can think of is when in fast motion (quest) where you need to keep contact with others. But well that limitation is intentional.

Spying? Isn't that part of the game, to keep your plots and plans secret? I mean if i have an Evil MD related plan and i use Skype to plan it then it's basically cheating. Only thing you would really want to keep hidden is personal rant, hatred. Is that such a big part of your chatting experience?

If dst digs up some plot (by her police tools) to overthrow SI or GG by in game means will she use that information for something in her gain?  If yes then i see problem not with the chat but with the police morality.

Miikael

• Root Admin

Unfortunately, I do not log everything that I do anymore (went through that phase).  But I am talking about that dreaded thing called chat RP.

Im not sure how RP being logged is an issue...

And you cant remember just one example? I dont see it as a problem then.

It is true though... many are reluctant to speak of anything when they know it'll be heard of. And if its against someone, that person may know about it... whats the point of chatting in private in different places when people would hear it one way or the other?

Edited by DARK DEMON

so... i'm not entirely sure what the issue is here.  I do my best to stay in role while in chat in ANY scene with any character and I've been known to talk in scenes where there is no other player just because it gives a visiting player something to read.  And because it is part of the role I am playing - Petty is chatty. :P :P

When there are things I need to discuss that I don't want in chat, I PM the individual I am speaking with.  For instance, anything that would be a spoiler on quests or battle rituals or topics about another player that I don't want to be read or misconstrued or maybe I just need to be out of character for a bit and socialize as myself, not as Petty.  And then of course, there's the forum for other topics that are good for discussion.

There are times when the information in chat is spoiler related and that is easy to clear the chat.  TheRichMerchant and I had one such conversation at the gates of loreroot as he helped me sort my rituals to conquer the guards (no, he didn't tell me directly the key, he just talked me through my ideas and rituals because I still have trouble understanding the battle logs)  Of course, clearing a chat can be undone by a spell and "the powers that be" can read chat logs for up to 12 hours but clearly, those individuals would have already had the information we were discussing so it wouldn't have been a spoiler for them.

Maybe I'm naive because I'm a young player but I haven't discovered any issues in chat as is being mentioned here.  Should I progress in the game to the point or being mischievous and creating chaos, which I just might want to be, I wouldn't discuss it openly in chat.  Unless I was in character and already moving in said underhanded plot.  ;)

• Root Admin

It is true though... many are reluctant to speak of anything when they know it'll be heard of. And if its against someone, that person may know about it... whats the point of chatting in private in different places when people would hear it one way or the other?

I would like to talk to you, privately if that makes you feel better, About this. I personally still havent seen someone categorically state what the issue is. I feel you give power to certain people, by perceiving they are all powerful and that them knowing what you say will in some way cause great harm to you.

• Root Admin

the fear of someone being able to come in and see what you talk, or not being able to chat with people not in the same loction, are things that give md a certain feel. I might be wrong but in every other game i checked, the chat was something common, nothing "location" based...if you could call those "locations" ..and here its simply not like that. If you like to enjoy md for what it is, use it as it is, if you just want to use parts of it, then do whatever you like, but i must warn you it will never be the same for you. Where is the fun in plottting something in a secret location, or going to find someone in a remote place , if you "cheat" by using messengers?

Of course anyone can do whatever they please outside md, but the user experience and level of excitement is designed to work with the way it is, ..what you will do otherwise will alter this. Eventually you will miss out part of what md is, its up to you.

One note. PM's are not monitored and never will be. It is technically possible to do it for someone with database access, that being me and chew for the moment, but in case this rule will be broken i am willing to store them encrypted too.

Chat is designed to leave traces, echoes of what was spoken there, giving unexpected people the occasion to see whats going on and pick on those traces. Keeping a md related discussion outside of md will only enclose you in a private group and will cut your connections with "what might happen"

Well well well i guess its the right time to unleash my adventures of MD hehe..

Long time ago ...there was this.. so called 'Secret mission' in LOE by KC and his guards. One part of the mission is to collect a number of  items which were spread amongst in the realm. After days of strife, me and my brothers with the help of madam Peace and Poe managed to collect all items excerpt one item. Ho yeah life can't be a smooth sailing hehe. So only 2 plp had that item. One was with then king of GG Yrth and handy pocket ( HP) . Well the negotiations with Yrth failed. So our only choice was to get that last item from HP someway or the other.

[ ok i am cutting short, its a long long story and currently i don't have time ]

I somehow managed to make a secret meeting with HP with the help of then king of Mbians Lifeline(LL). We decided to have that meeting away from public as it is supposed to be a Secret mission *coughs coughs *.  So we three gathered deep in Maze. When i was about to use the MD chat LL warned me not to use MD chat and asked us to use a Chatzy type chatroom instead. Now i didn't understand why LL did that as i was noob that time. Anyways so we continued our discussion in that chat rm. When i finally managed to convince HP to give that last item to me she got disconnected from the chat Rm. Yeah life .... *signs* . I was in a hurry as its almost time for my school so posted the link of the chatzy Rm in our MD-Chat so that HP can join us back quickly. Again LL warned me and quickly cleared the MD chat. 

Now here is the twist in the plot occurs kehehe....  HP joined back the chatzy  Rm but there also another stranger join us ... Ho yess believe me or not its the Demi god Tengri hehe. Now that chat rm is kind of a unique thing, all u need is to click the join button using the link and u join the chat rm with the MD ingame name by default.  At first we didn't know who is he or how the hell he managed to get  inside. I checked the MD scenes there was no trace of him being there in our locations and surroundings.  Latter we realized our mistake of paste the link in the MD chat. Life line was trying his best to kick him of the chat rm but cannot. I somehow manged to delete the content of that chat but its too late ...

Now its not the end ....Tengri also made some  comments in our chat after reading what we were talking about. One of his comment were " Don't believe in all of waht u hear bla bla blah..( something like that )." and this was enough to change HPs mind and she didn't give that last item which was required to complete our mission.

Let me put u all in my shoes and u can decide for yourself.

First of all when the mission was going on i used to woke up at 0330 AM(LT)( for almost 5 days in a row) ho yeah earlier than the sun itself.( Cos most of players used to be active in that time as the US and Euro local time differs from mine )

As this mission requires a lot of work to be done. Imagine to convince plp to give their Rp Quest items and that too in a very short time,

Remember those days we didn't have this resources thing as items so even to have a small item is considered to be a great thing. And that too and me & my brothers were around 60 AD only. So it was a mission impossible. But inspite of all these we managed to get all items excerpt the last one cos some Demigod wanna to know what color underwear i was wearing  and made his "Bla bla Justice statement".

On that day 0400 AM i meet LL then made him to convince and waited till 0600 AM to meet HP then 1 and half hour bla bla and what i get in the end... nothing. A total of 4 hours and when was almost there ...a small mistake of me using the MD chat cost us our mission.

Anyways i didn't made this topic in the first place ...just posted for fun and also to give the noobs some idea about MDs Darkside hehe...Some might call that as "Experience" but for many its nothing but just PAIN.

I have few more of my adventures relating to this topic but no time so stay tune hehe

Chat is designed to leave traces, echoes of what was spoken there, giving unexpected people the occasion to see whats going on and pick on those traces. Keeping a md related discussion outside of md will only enclose you in a private group and will cut your connections with "what might happen"

Yes indeed, that adds to the RP. But when something which is NOT meant to be known, traces of which are NOT meant to be picked on by unexpected (or expected..) people is known of, and the person knowing that info has complete freedom to tell anyone of it, its just wrong.

Yes indeed, that adds to the RP. But when something which is NOT meant to be known, traces of which are NOT meant to be picked on by unexpected (or expected..) people is known of, and the person knowing that info has complete freedom to tell anyone of it, its just wrong.

Have you ever heard of PMs? Or Sunny Bedroom? No? Maybe you should since you're also an LHO.

You seriously think I haven't... lol

I seriously think you have no idea what sarcasm is. And I seriously think you're one of the incompetent LHOs around so I would not be surprised to hear that you don't know basic stuff.

Now, on topic: I wondered what you tipu and lifeline said to Handy Pokets that made a demi god/god/whatever comment. I certainly haven't seen any of the entities (entity?) speaking in chat (except one time which is still a mystery). And moreover I wonder why they chose to speak. Meh...questions that will never be answered...probably.

Apart from that I see one BIG, HUGE issue: you were on a MD quest which you CHOSE to take OUT of the game. And after you did that and your quest was "spoiled" by whatever you are the one claiming that you HAVE to move outside the game because of spying.

So to summerize: you took your actions on whatever messanger you used, actions were stopped, you complain you cannot use MD chat and you're forced to move outside the game because you were being spied.

And another short summary: you go outside the game by your own choice -----> you complain you are forced to go outside the game. Something is broken here. The logic has long left the building! Hence your argument is invalid.