Helping MD

• Root Admin

Im going to maintain a public list of those that want to help MD, and what they can/cant do.

Lots of people keep saying "Oh I want to help MD" but when I ask for people to come out and do work they disappear. Some of them have valid reasons and I am not complaining about this but it is frustrating when I then lose the people who previosuly say they will work and have to do it myself.

Post here if you want to help, including:

Skills:

Interests in MD:

What you would like to work on now:

Skills: number crunching, basics of html/css even a bit of javascript especially with help of google, basic organizational and analyzation skills, ..... can't think of anything else at the moment

Interests in MD: fun time :P

What you would like to work on now: depends what you got to offer

Edit: yes, my skills are pretty much useless >_>

Edited by Ary Endleg

Skills:

-I cannot code or draw in any way but apart from that can do anything else pretty much

Interests in MD:

-quests

-rp

-secrets

What you would like to work on now:

-making the game more appealing

-increasing activity (doing stuff inside MD, not outside)

-helping newbies

-making quests

-correcting spelling mistakes

What I prefer:

-small but many jobs (in other words: "Here, please do this 5 min thing for me" when you find me awake)

-doing actual work instead of gathering info or making lists

-jobs just between me and the one who gives me the work

What I do not prefer:

-long term jobs involving many people

-jobs which require me to talk to people who may not even bother to reply

Edited by DARK DEMON

Ave,

Skills: A lot but lets leave it at sysadmin.

Interests in MD: Loyalty

What you would like to work on now: Honestly i'm not a social nor pushing person, but i can maybe help with (server/auxiliary) resources/monitoring/bug tracing.

Heya Chewett!

Skills: Some javascript and html5. I program for a living, but it is mainly in C/C++ with a tad bit of Java. 

Interests in MD: Interacting with others, trying o see what is most pressing, helping people out.

What you would like to work on now: I love doing little programming projects outside of work, so if I can help in some way there, I would love to. I can pick up anything I don't know quickly, and I have in the past, so toss me at some project that needs doing and I will do my best to..do it!

Skills: I program some games in Unity in my free time. I'm mostly focused on procedural generation. Though I don't know if that's what we need for MD. I can program at least in c/c# and c++. I do have some experience with web based programming. Though it's only php and javascript and I haven't used it for a few months.
On the other part, I can also make music with various music applications. I don't really have work scattered around the internet. But I could be able to make some ambient sounds or just any special effect sounds that might be used on buttons.

Interests in MD: I'm interested in the mystery that's around MD. I want to explore new things and be amazed.

What you would like to work on now: I would like to work on doing research about balancing the resources, because the resources should be balanced and made to be more fun. Also I would like with helping to implement some of the features that No one suggested in an other thread, or just new cauldron items.
I would also really love to work on some soundscapes/ ambient stuff for scenes within MD. This would breathe more life in MD. And also remove some of those annoying sounds and replace them with better alternatives.

Edited by rikstar

Skills: opposite timezone, i can clone your artworks/drawing in different way

Interests in MD: Us a player addict of playing, to overcome my expecting dreaming of how beauty he is.  With a team work possible MD will Great and more excitement 

What you would like to work on now: Making quest, Helping the new comers and everything that can bring MD prosperous

Skills:

• Translating documents, mainly literature and poetry,
  • Proof-reading,
  • Story telling,
  • Organisational skills, experience at using spreadsheets and databases to keep things tidy,
  • No coding, scripting or drawing skills,
  • Some limited experience in bug-testing.

Interests in MD: Roleplay and increase of activity within the realm.
What you would like to work on now: Spell-checking and other minor things where my skills can be of some use.

Minor drawback: On vacation till Monday 18/8.

Skills:
Decent understanding of HTML CSS and Javascript. Basic knowledge of PHP.

Interests in MD:
Cauldron
Helping new players

What would you like to work on now:
A25
Cauldron recipes/expantion
Other small coding (related) tasks
Perhaps in the long run; MD mobile

• Root Admin

Announcement:

If you want to help out, but dont like what I ask you to do, PLEASE tell me and dont do it half heartedly. If I ask you to do something it is very important that I get it done as I asked you to do so. One such task recently has been performed half heartedly and I now need to do it all myself. This has delayed me since I now have to do it myself and I was waiting for the results that are not valid.

skills> statistics, categorising, synthesis, analysis, organizing, ordering things, psychology, translating (slavic languages and german) (no idea if any of those could be useful)

md interests> rp, communication, research, philosophy

what I would like to do> various things, preferably where I could rely on myself and not necessarily on a bunch of other people.

Edited by Eara Meraia

Skills:
Managing and organizing things to do, preparing things to be done.  A secretary.

MD interests: Secretarial things. Running "errands. "

Would like to do:
Just about anything asked of me so long as I have definite instruction and it does not require creative thinking.

eta:
My time in MD is dependent on whether or not I have a job/assignment. My time on will be more prevalent, however, if I have nothing then my attention is refocused to real life responsibilities.

Edited by Curiose

Skills: creative writing, typo hunting, organising, translating (any combination between Romanian, French and English). No programming skills (or those that I have are negligible).

Interests in MD: roleplaying, old lore, the Adventure Log, story telling, generally increasing player activity and interest in roleplay.

What you would like to work on now: Pick anything from the interests above, or just throw something to translate or proof-read at me.

Skills: Versatility in different styles, techniques and types of every artworks, designs, visuals and the overall feeling or atmosphere of a subject giving an impression that would fit what one originally have in mind. Creativity in writing and ideologies. Ability to create non-canonical and unoriginal stories that links into the original story. Versatility in presentation of a subject.

Interests in MD: Necrovion in general, Adventure Logs, research, metaphysics, artworks and the general grand design.

What I like to work on: Adventure Logs, realm expansion through scenes, artworks.

Skills: creative writing, idea generating, spell/grammar checking, story telling, forum digging for info, some artistic stuffs (may not be MD style though)

Interests: Research, stories, art

What I'd like to work on: anything to do with writing skills or forum hunts (no code related, I can't code at all) or anything that could work with the skills listed above

Skills: I'm not afraid of reading long posts. I can provide/design sounds/noises for quests, clickies, personal papers, whatever. I have time.

No coding, scripting or graphic skills. 

Interests in MD: "Research and connections"-related stuff.

What you would like to work on now: I would prefer to be involved in something well defined and likely to be implemented. Not much long-term gargantuan projects.

• 3 weeks later...