The Labyrinth - continued

DARK DEMON

DD now has an Ethereal Ring, which upon twisting will allow him to unlock untapped potential. He will use it to access the infinite doors of the Labyrinth.

(this topic will be used to keep logs)

Rumburak!!!! :D  Go back to Fairy Tale Kingdom!

Question: how does MD Lab have doors? Last time I checked it had only shrubs passages. And the Laby is not infinite hence why most of us have maps.

Also, what do you mean by untapped potential? Potential of whom? The ring? The bearer?

And last one: could you please also give us the description of the ring? Just for curiosity...if you may please :D

• Root Admin

wow wow wow..hold on.

i hope you do have a ring item with such a description. and i doubt that greatly. because if you do this solves everything, but if you don't its serious to forge it.

In a world where words are our sensors, our eyes years nose and everything else..claiming to have something you don't is like forgery and its something i dislike.

(This is a friendly warning so you know such things are not ok, first time i explain kindly, trying to help you not to make something stupid.)

Yes Mur, I of course had the item crafted. I really don't know why you "doubt it greatly"...

I never posted the description... just said what it will be used for, but yes, what dst stated is correct (and needs to be changed).

Edited by DARK DEMON

Yes Mur, I of course had the item crafted. I really don't know why you "doubt it greatly"...

I never posted the description... just said what it will be used for, but yes, what dst stated is correct (and needs to be changed).

Too bad the description doesn't quite match the intended use :D

• Root Admin

Let's hope now you have been given an interesting item you can show your worth and act your role.

I can assure you you will get citizenship if you start actually doing things ingame and not just talking on the forum, in the same way Rophs got his role :)

You have been given a big chance, don't waste it.

• Root Admin

i asked him to talk on the forum... the reason is simple.

"face the community"

This is an impossible task, but creativity and will solve impossible tasks.

attempting impossible tasks are like dancing with death...you asked it.

i tell you a secret...well no longer a secret....you path to the lab citizenship will be near your death...you asked impossible things, you have to survive impossible things.

Running away is not an option either

you will reach the lab, one way or an other, preferably with a citizenship and the right to exit, or it won't be nice

---

Chewett: Edited Murs post under request from him to make it more coherent :)

Edited by Chewett
Chewett: Edited Murs post under request from him to make it more coherent :)

As for the description, yes, I couldn't have any mention of the Labyrinth added because that would make it into a land item not a player item. But that doesn't stop me from requesting to change it after its seen that I've played the role a while.

The description even now is not wrong and does match the intended use, but it is also mysterious because its incomplete. The fact that someone would limit their understanding and refuse to interpret further shows a lot about their intentions.

I already told you Mur, I don't care about anything such people have to say because they think I really need their approval to use the ring the way they think its supposed to be used... (you can see already how they got their thinking somehow drastically reduced by the description, which would otherwise be much higher).

-edited accordingly with the change below-

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

Under request from Mur I have edited his post to make it more coherent. Please remember moderators that you are _not_ permitted to do this no matter how... odd, Murs posts are, even for simple grammar/spelling fixes. The only reason I have done this is because he pmed me asking it.

----

If the post didnt make sense, I recommend you re-read it :)

From my point of view, the item is just an item. Not related to the player or to a land (there is no player name in there and no land name). It's not even script-able. So I don't see the connection to the Labirinth.

Second, I haven't heard of any description of an item to be ever changed to match a role or a player. Once the description was set, that's what it remained with. So good luck in getting that description changed.

Third, you DO need the community approval because that was your task. And a task you failed at because the community didn't actually support you since you alienated almost everyone and were rude and cocky as you always are although you have absolutely no reasons to feel you're better than others.On contrary :d (but this is just my opinion :D).

Going to Council to get your item done rather than waiting for a crafter was a smart move but somehow I don't think you were granted EXACTLY what you asked for. I mean if you wanted an item FOR Labyrinth, why not ask for a description that contains that word in it and make it a land related item (also maybe mention your name to bound it to you)? Wouldn't that be more logical? Or am I the only one seeing the logic in asking for such a description? Or were you that incompetent that you never thought of that and just went for the generic description thinking it will grant you more power (or simply didn't think to include the "Lab"  word or your name)?

From my point of view, the item is just an item. Not related to the player or to a land (there is no player name in there and no land name). It's not even script-able. So I don't see the connection to the Labirinth.

Second, I haven't heard of any description of an item to be ever changed to match a role or a player. Once the description was set, that's what it remained with. So good luck in getting that description changed.

Third, you DO need the community approval because that was your task. And a task you failed at because the community didn't actually support you since you alienated almost everyone and were rude and cocky as you always are although you have absolutely no reasons to feel you're better than others.On contrary :D (but this is just my opinion :D).

First: Why would it need to have connection to Lab? I can have savelite dagger and nothing stops me from using it in role of Assassin from East.

Second: True. Items are after all just items, no matter what it will always be possible for others to adapt to the item if they come into it's possession. You can't etch in stone the exact role and user of it. IRL even things such as wedding rings get reused, either by being passed down as family heirloom or being stolen. In my opinion the only thing DD will be able to change in that description are fixing those errors, but semantically no change will happen.

Third: obtaining community approval has no deadline, he didn't failed as long as he doesn't give up.

Going to Council to get your item done rather than waiting for a crafter was a smart move

Crafters are inactive they only show up at xmas, impossible to get item made from them. It's actually quite bright idea to ask council, I don't know why nobody thought of that earlier, it's also interesting that it all went fast and smoothly, that should mean everybody else won't have problem getting items either since it appears as simple and routine thing that council is supposed to be doing. Now community knows that they can make items by emailing them, there are a lot of people waiting for very long time to craft simple common rp items, so council can expect many requests soon. It would be nice if there were a detailed public list of exact services that Council provides. I wish I knew this long time ago; I wouldn't be spending my WPs for useless stuff in WP shop.

First: Why would it need to have connection to Lab? I can have savelite dagger and nothing stops me from using it in role of Assassin from East.

Because he aspires to get the citizenship to a land that has absolutely no authority and it all depends on Council/Mur whom already apparently gave him a task. SInce all his topic were related to Labyrinth I ask why not this item as well?

Second: True. Items are after all just items, no matter what it will always be possible for others to adapt to the item if they come into it's possession. You can't etch in stone the exact role and user of it. IRL even things such as wedding rings get reused, either by being passed down as family heirloom or being stolen. In my opinion the only thing DD will be able to change in that description are fixing those errors, but semantically no change will happen.

We agree on this one so no need to comment :D

Third: obtaining community approval has no deadline, he didn't failed as long as he doesn't give up.

Hmm...yes, you're right but I see this like a "war" if you like. Dee dee lost the first battle. We shall see what he does (better said: SAYS next cause apart from yapping I don't see him doing too much :D - except begging to council and Mur :D),

Crafters are inactive they only show up at xmas, impossible to get item made from them. It's actually quite bright idea to ask council, I don't know why nobody thought of that earlier, it's also interesting that it all went fast and smoothly, that should mean everybody else won't have problem getting items either since it appears as simple and routine thing that council is supposed to be doing. Now community knows that they can make items by emailing them, there are a lot of people waiting for very long time to craft simple common rp items, so council can expect many requests soon. It would be nice if there were a detailed public list of exact services that Council provides. I wish I knew this long time ago; I wouldn't be spending my WPs for useless stuff in WP shop.

Yes, yes, they should! They should also hang a red lampoon next to that list :D.

When I said

As for the description, yes, I couldn't have any mention of the Labyrinth added because that would make it into a land item not a player item. But that doesn't stop me from requesting to change it after its seen that I've played the role a while.

I meant that I indeed asked for the Labyrinth to be mentioned in the name/description because the purpose of the item would be limited to the Labyrinth only (in other words, I wouldn't use it to cast fireballs -_-) but the Labyrinth having no authority/plans was the exact reason Council gave me to not allow this. 

Honestly it doesn't make any difference because the ring will be used in exactly the same way whether the description contained reference to the Labyrinth or not.

As for your comment about begging and saying and not doing things, well... as stated earlier, I never wanted to "say"/post on the forum regarding anything, but its a challenge Mur gave and I will fulfill it. Also, getting an item crafted is not "saying". :)

edit: clarified+answered stuff

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

Becuase everyone likes to be rude to the council since its a faceless body.

I will say it again, and again, and again, because no one listens.

The council is the only reason MD has run over these past years.

Seriously, They  have done so much misc admin work and ran so many events that MD would have simply faded away. Mur has only recent run one event, in the past 3/4 years now.

Ideally Land leaders would know a lot about the game and know to forward certain requests to them, sadly some of the land leaders are less than knowledgeable about MD. I will make a topic about this later to try and clarify what the council can do you for.

The only genius part I can see in that request is if he managed to avoid paying the price for the item . As I remember, the price for 1 item was 1 WP.

Also, the not so smart part of the Council would be to allow this to develop "emailing the Council for items" instead of adding more to the Crafter's guild.

• Root Admin

The only genius part I can see in that request is if he managed to avoid paying the price for the item . As I remember, the price for 1 item was 1 WP.

Also, the not so smart part of the Council would be to allow this to develop "emailing the Council for items" instead of adding more to the Crafter's guild.

The WP price was paid, and he also paid items, I know this as apparently our system still links the name of the person doing the item creation and one of the uberaccounts came up and I had to fix it lol

The WP price was paid, and he also paid items, I know this as apparently our system still links the name of the person doing the item creation and one of the uberaccounts came up and I had to fix it lol

Chew, you did the same mistake I did :D. No one knows the price has been paid. He said something else (read again :D).

I spent a WP. I spent resources. People who I got the resources from will be able to tell you that I've traded from them, and you can look in my inventory and see that they are no longer there.

If you don't want to believe it, you don't have to. Please refrain from making false assumptions next time.

I also don't really see how avoiding/cheating the price of making the item would be a "genius part".