Shape of the map

Grido

Don't we all agree that there are 10 lands in MD? Necrovion, Loreroot, Golemus, Marind Bell, Underground, East, Prison, Labyrinth, MDA and NML? This is automatic acknowledgement that these 10 lands exist and no more.

Please don't forget Established Housings, it's a land in its own right.

No real input as to the rest of the topic, -0.5 makes sense to me, sent some corresponding stuff to you DD, which isn't directly related to the thread.

There are 12 total lands in the MD dodecahedron, and then we could probably portal/shift to another platonic solid with 4,6,8,20 lands. (And then portal/shift to another "set" of platonic solids.

1. No Man's Land
  2. Necrovion
  3. Marind Bell
  4. Golemus Golemicarum
  5. Loreroot
  6. The Archives
  7. Lands of the East
  8. Underground
  9. Jail
  10. Estabished Housings
  11. Labyrinth

Those are the currently 'known' lands of MD. Although ES is not a "true" land in-of itself and UG occupying a side is debatable, it likely occupies the space inside of the dodecahedron. Jail might be another "sub-land" leaving the MD dodecahedron with 9 known distinct and 'named' faces.

edit:

[log I tried "mapping' MD on an unfolded dodecahedron and an unfolded cube and a "blob" map.]

fhkkaf5ock9jo69km25z.png

rs477qwtxnbholbrr2.gif

eNSEajd.png

[/log]

I'm derailing a bit, if needed feel free to split.

edit2:

[log I'd like to borrow some wise words from No one]

-----------

For spammers:

All I did was to post an idea in a topic for ideas. If you have better ideas (as you did expressed yourself by voting) you should express those ideas or comments.

Otherwise your feedback is junk. That's the best you can do ? Junk ?

[/log]

edit3:

fixed connecting UG to GG instead of NML on blob map

Edited by Rophs

x6gd0ufv1b1i13br0sbw.png

Underground doesn't once connect with Golemus.

It reaches the waterline perhaps, but not the actual land. It actually connects to NML; consider it "steps" leading up just away from under the bridge.

However, I believe this is very much offtopic to what DD wishes people to discuss here. Perhaps move to another forum subsection if you wish to talk about the land's in general and their connection.

~Sasha

I have always "believed in the box" for matters related to the shape of the realm, but lately I've noticed the coordinate system for "Realm 1" (No Man's Land and the 4 main lands) does not picture the map the same way as the box does.

From the box's perspective, you'd have 3 (or 2, depending on how you look at it) sets of rectangles forming "Realm 1". That can be seen from the picture Burns posted.

On the other hand, the map coordinates form a 10x9 rectangle in which all Realm 1 is included (Curiosity: Realm 1 has exactly the same grid size as the Labyrinth. Mods, if that's considered a spoiler, please remove it).

My brain's been more inclined to believe in the coordinates rather than the box, but judging from this announcement, it seems the box might show the right shape. Perhaps the coordinates system do not take scene size into account. If it did, the Loreroot section could indeed be bigger and deform a part of the rectangle, making the coordinate-based map resemble the box picture. Does that make sense? But then again, if that indeed happens, it would ruin the "coincidence" of Realm 1 being the same size as the Labyrinth.

Edit: Replaced "cube" by "box" thanks to a smart friend that pointed that out for me.

~Aelis

Edited by Aelis

So, to take this in a slightly different direction, I present to you first a "map" of MD (or so it was labeled in my media library), and also a map of MD as it was a few years ago, when the east was only partly open. The map was made entirely from memory at the time, and included a full map of the laberynth, which is blacked out in this version of the image. (feel free to remove it if it's *too* big of a spoiler)

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:1318]

[spoiler]

[attachment=4466:20150110_153823.jpg]

[/spoiler]

So, to take this in a slightly different direction, I present to you first a "map" of MD (or so it was labeled in my media library), and also a map of MD as it was a few years ago, when the east was only partly open. The map was made entirely from memory at the time, and included a full map of the laberynth, which is blacked out in this version of the image. (feel free to remove it if it's *too* big of a spoiler)

[spoiler]

attachicon.gif20150110_153823.jpg

[/spoiler]

Good lord...you really are bored aren't you!?  :))

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

9jXZysA.png

an "early form" of the ash arch can be clearly seen outlined in red. a late form of the broken arch visible at well of tears is outlined in blue. I conjecture that LR occurred after MB and that NC occurred before MB, GG was likely before NC. There is an unknown fifth land that occurred after MB  LR and before GG

edit: fixed mb -> lr typo at end

Edited by Rophs

ZQqsan3.png

the cyclical order of the lands with relation to time is

gg -> nc -> mb -> lr -> WESTLANDS  -> gg

@dd none is first or last, each has one before and after it

there's a direct passage between NC and MDA, i just haven't found it yet

look at the position of the gates in their various stages of development.

the reason we only see one gate in gg and lr is because we don't know what to look for in the west's gates

Edited by Rophs

• 3 years later...