Golden Chains 2015

Aethon

Roll up! Roll up! 

Slave masters and slaves to be; the time is nigh! 

Ready your purses, count your coins, for it is time for a new batch of slaves and masters!

That's right! With the previous leashes destroyed and the slaves now set free,it means only one thing! 

It's time for Golden Chains 2015!

This year's conditions will be as they were last year, though with a few slight changes (marked in red):

1. Only those who register themselves in this thread before the deadline, can become slaves.
  2. All slaves will be “sold” to the highest bidder on the day of the auction.
  3. A minimum of 33% of the final price goes to the TK, as a tax payment, the rest goes to the slave.
  4. All percentage payments will be rounded to the nearest whole figure. (0.4- will be rounded down and 0.5+ will be rounded up)
  5. The minimum duration of your slavery is 1 week. The maximum is 3 months. (Of course you may remain in your master’s service longer if you wish)
  6. Important: Leashes will expire/disappear after x4 the duration of your slavery. (with 3 months of being a slave, your leash will expire after 1 year. This is also the maximum leash duration)
  7. All masters need to pay the slave and TK before they will get the leash.
  8. You cannot bid on your own leash.
  9. No creatures, items, resources will be accepted as a payment – only gold and silver coins.
  10. Alts are allowed as participants but it is not allowed to bid on your own alts.
  11. The auction will be aimed to be completed in one day, unless this is otherwise impossible or unpractical.

All those who volunteer to become slaves, please register in THIS thread, clearly stating the following:

1. The Name of your character in game.
  2. Your ID.
  3. Duration of enslavement (1 week to 3 months)
  4. Reason for you being a good slave
  5. Limitations or special wishes (optional)
  6. Percentage you want to donate to TK. (min. 33%)
  7. Standard minimum bid is 5 silver. If you want to raise the starting price for your character, specify the minimum bid.
  8. If you cannot attend the main event, please write so in your post and we will endeavor to find a solution to the problem.

Please ensure your Name and ID are correct. Incorrect names or ID's may result in malfunctioning leashes.

Registration period starts NOW and lasts UNTIL August 15th, 23:59 ST.

The auction itself will be 22nd August , and starts at 20:00 ST

The host and auctioneer of this years auction shall be Azull and shall be held at the Tranquil Plains, left of the Gazebo of Equilibrium.

If you have any remarks on slavery as a social phenomenon in general, please, make your own thread and don’t write your comments here.

If you have any further questions -- feel free to write me a forum PM or find me in game.

Let the slave hunt, begin!

Short explanation for those who is unaware of the leash auction basics: if you volunteer to become a slave, a personal item (a leash) will be made. With this item another player (your Master) can summon you from any place (except of those with No Jump tag). This way your Master can control your freedom but he can also lead you into places, you may never see otherwise. Your master will pay a certain price to be able to use your leash and you are suppossed to run on errands and fulfil his wishes as a good and humble slave. After the expiration of your enslavement period you can claim your leash from your master and use it as you like (give to whoever you want) until the leash disappears. 

Edited by Aethon

>>The auction will be aimed to be completed in one day, unless this is otherwise impossible or unpractical.

Why impossible?

I suggest you explain how postal bids can work :)

1. If you cannot attend the main event, please write so in your post and we will endeavor to find a solution to the problem.

Impossible due to unforseen or unplanned reasons. :)

However, a "postal bid" may be made if you wish to bid for particular slaves but are unable to attend the auction.

To do this, please send me a message containing the desired slave(s) and the maximum bid(s) you wish to place for them - e.g. Chewett - 8GC, Aethon - 10Sc, etc.

Please also place a "total bid" amount -- this is the amount of coins you are willing to spend in total and usually amounts to the combined maximum bids for each "lot".

If you would like this explained in more detail please feel free to message me.

1. Name: *Nimrodel*.
  2. ID:131999
  3. Duration: 3 months
  4. Reason for you being a good slave: I have plenty of usable stuff which can be used to aid you in your services. especially my flute and my daimon head :3
  5. Limitations or special wishes (optional): Dont force me to act against those i am loyal to or give away my stuff. I can help you by using them. But thats it.
  6. Percentage you want to donate to TK. (min. 33%): 90%
  7. Minimum bid: 3s 
  8. I might not be able to attend the event if I am stuck in my conference work. So please help me out :3
Edited by Nimrodel

1) Fang Archbane
2) 214273
3) 3 Months Enslavement
4) To buy my leash is to buy my Time.
5) My possessions are my own. I also ask that DST, Ivorak, Eon, and No One not be allowed to bid on me or come into possession of my Leash. If this isnt possible, just ignore my application all together.
6) 33% TK Donation
7) Minimum bid 3 Gold

I'm afraid that won't be happening Fang, a slave is (as Eara said in other words) a slave -- they don't choose their owners. Leashes will go to the highest bidder, no exceptions. 

Apologies if this is an inconvenience to you but I would recommend keeping the application up, just for the fun (or torture) of it!  :)

Last time a minimum bid policy was sorely needed. The price would be 5 gold and people would bid 5 gold and 1 silver and it just kept going back and forth. I would suggest that after the bid gets up to a few gold that the minimum raise should be at least a few silver instead of one. For example, after 3 gold you must raise at least 3 silver, after 5 gold you must raise at least 5 silver, after 10 gold you must raise at least 10 silver (or one gold), etc. A simple policy that I imagine people would still be able to be confused by would be that the amount of gold the bid is currently at is the minimum raise in silver, i.e. 1 gold = 1 silver raise, 2 gold = 2 silver raise, 5 gold = 5 silver raise.

JadenDew

Lease Period: 3 months

Comes with various features including cleaning, singing and stabbing your enemies. Batteries included.

Hugging may cause injuries to the operator. Caution advised, Terms & Conditions applies.

T&C: JadenDew reserves the rights to her possessions including but not limited to items, crits and credits. Slave activities limited by Necrovion laws.

TK Donations: 33%

Minimum Bid: 3 Silvers

*Sunfire*
  2. Your ID.
    3 months
    im not afraid to get my hands dirty
    my items and creatures remain my own

i dont do anything involving water
    33%

dst
  2. Your ID.
    3 months
    I am not a good slave.
    Don't touch my items or crits. If you are a nice master I will reward you with nice spell stones and other stuff.
    33%

On what grounds?

On the ground you being a liar and unreliable.

LE: until probably the end of September my activity will be VERY scarce. Please bear this in mind if bidding.

Edited by dst

No one (ID:29704)

3 months

10% or less (if possible) :P

I am not a good slave, I don't play to often and often I have bad moods.

So ... I am not your best slave.

As limitations ... items, creatures, alliance.

Get me into a good mood and you'll smell nicer (cover you in flowers) or I'll drown you (you might not be able to swim that much water).

Edited by No one

Sigh. The things I do for coins...

1. Name: Aeoshattr
  2. ID: 89024
  3. Duration: 3 months
  4. Reason: Nightmode access, sneaking, spying, etc. In addition to me being a sassy creep.
  5. Limitations or special wishes (optional): Whatever is on my account remains on my account (includes credits, items, creatures, etc etc etc). No rule breaking requests.
  6. Percentage you want to donate to TK. (min. 33%): 33%
  7. Minimum bid: 10 SC

1. name: powle
2. ID: 41864
3. duration: 3 months
4. reasons for me being a good slave: i'm loyal. and i can edit clickies :D
5. limitations: some of my creatures and most of my items stay with me.
6. percentage you want to donate to TK: 40% (you can call me weird but 2/5 just feels like a much nicer number than 1/3)
7. minimum bid: the standard 5sc is fine

Last time a minimum bid policy was sorely needed. The price would be 5 gold and people would bid 5 gold and 1 silver and it just kept going back and forth. I would suggest that after the bid gets up to a few gold that the minimum raise should be at least a few silver instead of one. For example, after 3 gold you must raise at least 3 silver, after 5 gold you must raise at least 5 silver, after 10 gold you must raise at least 10 silver (or one gold), etc. A simple policy that I imagine people would still be able to be confused by would be that the amount of gold the bid is currently at is the minimum raise in silver, i.e. 1 gold = 1 silver raise, 2 gold = 2 silver raise, 5 gold = 5 silver raise.

In reply to this comment:

I agree with the idea but believe a "1,2,3,5" rule would be suitable.

From 5sc-1gc a raise of 1sc+ would be allowed.

From 1gc-2gc a raise of 2sc

From 2-6gc a raise of 3sc+ would be allowed.

From 6gc+ a raise of 5sc + would be allowed.

This, I feel, would make sure that bids for more "desirable" players are quickened but doesn't rule out too many players in the process straight away, giving them a fairer chance.

Opinions? :)

Edited by Aethon

IMO highest bid I've seen in the last 2 years was 3gold? (correct me if I'm wrong... or maybe there was one specific bid that went up to 6g... can't recall)

So saying 1sc bid is allowed up till 2gc is redundant. I'd say 1sc raises shouldn't be allowed at all since the start.

Edited by DARK DEMON

IMO highest bid I've seen in the last 2 years was 3gold? (correct me if I'm wrong... or maybe there was one specific bid that went up to 6g... can't recall)

So saying 1sc bid is allowed up till 2gc is redundant. I'd say 1sc raises shouldn't be allowed at all since the start.

Hello DD

Please read here to see some of the previous prices.

The 1sc raises are primarily for the "less desired" characters (such as myself) rather than for the "desired" (e.g. dst). With a little common sense, the bidding for more valuable assets should rise quicker than for the lesser -- many players themselves will not want to waste their time.

As a note to all buyers:

Please remember that we are trying to make this as quick, fun and easy as possible for all of you. The running of the day will go much smoother though with the help and common sense of the players involved.

:)

Hello DD

Please read here to see some of the previous prices.

There is absolutely no sense to Dark Demon's second line, but as for the prices he mentioned, they're totally in line with what that post indicates for the past auction. Only one bid of more than 2 gold.

Edit: I missed Aethon's post of the 1/3/5 rule. Those numbers seem more sensible than the one's suggested by Jester.

Edited by Ivorak