Name on Pimped Grasan changed

MaGoHi

I've experienced this bug as well. When the server checks if it should produce a resource it will reset its name to the default name. Try naming an aramor "Farting Grasan" and wait 24h. For the purpose of resource generation pimps do not count as grasans.

step 1) acquire pimped grasan

step 2) train pimp until it can level up

step 3) name pimp "Farting Grasan" "Exfoliating Grasan" etc

step 4) wait 24h

step 5) grasan is now named Pimped Grasan level whatever

my guess is whoever coded resource grasans forgot to give the behavior to pimped grasans and this is a design oversight.

bonus

1) get a bird egg

2) wait a few days

3) name bird egg upgrade "Farting Grasan" etc

4) wait 24h

5) the creature will also be renamed

the system renaming "fake resource grasans" is probably a bug and players should be allowed to give their creatures weird names

edit: screenshots ft bird with silly name coming soontm

Edited by Rophs

I vaguely remember (though now I obviously cannot find the announcement) that for pimps you had to name them "Leaking/Farting/whatever Pimp" not Grasan. Will be able to test in about a week. 

I am probably wrong though, since I can't find the anno for it.

• Root Admin

I vaguely remember (though now I obviously cannot find the announcement) that for pimps you had to name them "Leaking/Farting/whatever Pimp" not Grasan. Will be able to test in about a week. 

I am probably wrong though, since I can't find the anno for it.

I am under the impression that pimps cannot produce resources but if anyone can find some evidence contrary then please look. I will check later today

Ann. 2100 - [2011-11-19 07:11:32 - Stage 11] - Permalink - Posted By Muratus del Mur
Pimped Grasan abilities
The pimped grasans work similar way like the normal grasans, just name the level 2 pipmed grasan to any of the names used to 'activate' a normal grasan and replace "Grasan" with "Pimp" in the name. The current pimped grasans that were named wrong for testing, were renamed to work. Remember that just level 2 of the grasan is currently productive.

i had just bought an actual Farting grasan. I had just sacd a regular grasan and it changed the farting grasans name to a regular grasan 1. this is upsetting as i had bought the actual farting grasan to be able to get its resources it produces. 

see topic i made here

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/17021-name-on-farting-grasan-changed/?p=170331

Ok, so it worked after i named this one "Exfoliating Pimp" also got skin from it, i guess the topic can be closed, i apologise for assuming that this was a bug when it was just my mistake

I doubt theres any need to apologise MaGo, you did as youve been told is right when assuming somethings a bug.

Im pretty sure Chewy would rather use some time out of his busy day looking into a bug that isnt a bug, than having possible bugs not reported at all.

• Root Admin

>Im pretty sure Chewy would rather use some time out of his busy day looking into a bug that isnt a bug, than having possible bugs not reported at all.

Yes :)

Although just asking at GoE once or twice will save even more time!

But seriously if unsure, report.

• 4 years later...