New land loyalty system.

Miq

Bump.

@Ungod: can you elaborate?

Yesterday I went offline (long enough idle) in NML (at fenth's press) before midnight.

It seems that no loyalty was granted ... "No Homeland" or "Lands Of The East".

I will try confirm this or not a.s.a.p. .

Yesterday I went offline (long enough idle) in NML (at fenth's press) before midnight.

It seems that no loyalty was granted ... "No Homeland" or "Lands Of The East".

I only got 1 point of Loyalty and that was to my land, after idling at GoE. No homeland number stayed the same. I will not test it again, as I want to raise my MB loyalty for now and every day counts....thrice.

(it makes sense that once you choose a land, you no longer should gain 'no homeland' loyalty points)

(it makes sense that once you choose a land, you no longer should gain 'no homeland' loyalty points)

It makes sense that once you choose a land, you should no longer get loyalty points from other lands, but ... sense has no logic in MD or ... logic has no sense in MD  :D

Thank you for the hint (with only citinzen's land loyalty increase), I will see if I can check it.

• Root Admin

getting "loyalty" for an other land or no land, is indicating your actual tendency. That is the entire point of the change, not to be limited by just one decision and being able to advance on two fronts.

nml loyalty is equivalent of losing those points instead of gathering them for a land.

One thing that changed with this is that your land loyality has no effect on entering land gates. Also it's not possible to have NML loyality. So for example you need 400 (minus volition) ap to enter GG, no matter what. 

Is that intentional or not?

• Root Admin

>"land loyality has no effect on entering land gates" --> you sure? hmm

Yes we are sure since the gates are  no mands land on the outside, so having high loyalty doesnt help.

Thats why they were their land on the inside.

I personally feel we need a fluid viscosity system, same with the movement points, moving into a scene is the sum total of land loyalty inside and outside.

We can discuss this more via email if you are interested Mur, I have a nice network diagram type idea.

• 4 months later...

Averaging the loyalties of the two scenes you are moving through would be a nice band-aid[1] for the high ap gates issue. Moving from NML to GG with 400 GG loyalty means you get 200 Average Loyalty worth of movement. Moving from LR to MDA with 100 LR and 250 MDA you would get 175 Averge Loyalty worth of movement.

[1]A band-aid is not a permanent solution.

Edited by Rophs
formatting fix