A clearer gameplay

Your opinion  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Root Admin

In the A25 "era", with lots of radical changes to gameplay, features and significant improvements to concepts, one thing is mandatory.... a more clear and easy to follow gameplay. MD is deep enough to have lots of secrets and challenging tasks. Even if we try to document as much as possible and spoil every single thing, there are still lots of things to do and discover, even documentation and spoilers on their own would be considerably big and comprehensive. The new gameplay will also bring a more clear way of achieving stuff.

Junior is helping me achieve this by writing very clear and beginner-proof tutorials. These tutorials will be helpful even for the most experience of you. If you already know this stuff, you might still enjoy these tutorials.

The first tutorial of this kind is one for the Shmsh creature. It will take you step by step and show you in as fewer words as possible, all you have to do to obtain the creature. Please give us your feedback if you like this, or if you dont.

Any suggestions or reactions are welcome.

Enjoy reading!

SHMSH Guide_PDF.pdf

• Root Admin

Things for you to remind Mur with Junior (bar previously discussed points  via email)

The resources need higher res images for other parts of the site, they dont look good blown up. Once we have higher res these can go on the powerpoint.

Presentation changes needed

Titles need a overall capitalization fix, capitals are randomly sprinkled here and there. Also text does this similarly randomly too. e.g. " Checkpoint at this moment you should have the Following Resources in you inventory"

Final page shouldnt have a bullet point, any page with one bullet point shouldnt have a bullet

Resources needed at front could have numbers

----

Otherwise looks like a good start.

• Root Admin

wiiya is at this point very hard to get so i changed it to rainwater after this tutorial was done. It is still a preview, thats why its presented on forum and not in-game. When the wiiya production will be more stable, the tutorial will be also updated. The Shmsh will remain with rainwater.

Esthetic adjustments will be made, there is also a difficulty/time/reward value indicator pending. The recruit image for the crit and the fenth image will also be added.

The resource images where the only ones Junior had, he tried to do as much as possible with what he had, and did quite an amazing job in my opinion.

Thank you for your feedback

Guides can be helpful like this, and it's a good start to what's needed. Personally I think any guides like this should be fully incorporated into the game, as opposed to PDFs which you open alongside. It creates a more immersive experience for the player and keeps them within MD, rather than leaving the game and looking at other things.

Feedback on the guide is below, besides other comments above.

===============

Seems a bit duplicitous having a "Resources Needed" page, and then a "Things You Will Need" page, can these be condensed together?

Repeats what each of the Grasan's produces on page 3 and 5 - one can assume that they'll be able to look back through, so maybe again condense?

Page 9 provides a list of what items you have at this point, and whilst it states "Resources" it may still confuse a new player that you also have Wine, might be best to include this on the list, clarifying that you have it, but don't need it for the process (assuming this doesn't get changed completely based on the fact that there's now other ways to collect Garbage).

Page 12, using the Fenth - third bullet should read "You will be prompted..."
Structure of the message they receive on the fourth bullet is messy, but I'm not sure if that's how you've written it, or what the system genuinely displays.

While I really love the idea of having more tutorials I would very much suggest placing them on the Wikia instead of in a PDF. PDF's are bound to get outdated and with the speed MD is changing right now that happens faster than one person can fix them (this one already is slightly outdated) whereas the Wikia allows for anyone to help keeping it up to date. Furthermore with the Wikia API it is possible to bring the content into MD in a more immersive way. I'd be willing to look into making a clicky that shows Wikia information, which could be moved to anywhere else if wanted.