Reworking the interface

Chewett

• Root Admin

What top links do you use? How often do you use them?

what bottom links do you use? How often do you use them?

what right bar links do you use? How often do you use them?

what documentation pages do you use? Could they be more easily accessible?

antrhing else that you use a lot but takes a while to get to?

Top links: Forum activity (very often, too much in my opinion it can keep me distracted from whats in front of me in MD) , Free Credits and View announcements (somewhat, every time there's an announcement or I need to review an old one or when credits are up), Restrictions/Known Issues (not often, if I need to review a rule/if I remember to really). These all seem very important to me.

Bottom links: Same as toplinks with Restrictions and Contact being used not often and perhaps Bug Report though all of these links look like they should be here.
Right Bar:  same country, most popular and active vets all at not often, Webcam, Quest Clickables and Role Tags at somewhat, Mood Panel, Public Logs at very often.

I had an idea for the sidebar or the "right bar" links while writing this about which links you might want to keep there or move elsewhere perhaps along with a lot of the other links (moving them to inside the "see more" part of the sidebar as shown in this picture linked)
http://storenow.net/download/0cbf22ff6bac28b73a2a037bf8a99fef/sidebarseemore.jpg
Basically everything within the square I drew would stay there and be unmoving and it would be the most important links (such as Quests) that people want to use, everything else can be put inside the "see more" just below, but above where the mood panel/public logs show up at. Or this all can be done the opposite way whichever is preferable.

Ah and I can't forget the "who's online" is one of my most clicked buttons probably.
excuse my crude paint skillz

Something that I use a lot that takes a while to get to is my creatures page, getting to and from each creature and checking won fights + heat and ages for all of them can be a pain, if there was an easier or quicker way to display it it would be nice but I don't know how to do that. Perhaps two links within the creature page that is like a "go to next creature" and "go back one creature"

Documentation pages all seem fine to me if you mean ~ Friends ~ Papers ~ Spells ~

Edited by Mallos

In order:

1. View announcements
  2. Free Credits
  3. Adventure Log
  4. Quests
  5. none of the rest

I think I can summarise this as "WE HAVE BOTTOM LINKS!!!??".

• In the right hand interface, I find swapping from the inventory (specifically) to any other bits (like mood panel, player logs, etc) very very clunky. Seems to reload itself multiple times, I need to click "back", then select what I want, often I click too fast, it's still reloading or something and I need to do it again. Need to observe it closer to describe it better than just "clunky".

Top links:

Anns - when there is a new one.

Free credits - usually daily.

Quests - when someone announces they have a quest and the details are in there.

Bottom links: never - too much to scroll down to remember we have them

Right bar links: -inventory, mood panel, logs, active players, top items. Although I got used to the right bar interface, I HATE IT. It never seems to work properly: the see more NEVER reveals all option, it goes up by itself etc etc.

No idea what you mean by documentation.

I think the top links and left menu are perfect and should not be touched.

The only things that I would highly recommend reworking are inventory (probably as a whole rather than just accessing it), and the 'bug report' option at the bottom to be made into a link that opens into a new tab rather than change the MD page itself.

Top:
    Announcements: ~daily
    AL: Finished, so now rarely
    Quests: Rarely, merge with Voting and Challenges
    Voting: Rarely see above
    Calendar: Never, already in PC, so remove
    Challenges: Outdated and should be merged with Quests
    Restrictions: Rarely, maybe only in bottom menu?
    Court: Hasn't been used in years, remove
    Intro: Please remove, contains really bad English so will only scare players away
    Known issues: Never, somewhat outdated, but might still be nice
    Forum: Often
    Art: Never
    Search: Never, seems broken
    Free Credits, regularly

Right:
    All at least occasionally except AL (as it's no longer updated)
    I'd suggest merging the top lists; they're rarely used so don't need to take up half the menu
    WP reward page could probably also be moved to the WP page as it isn't something you do so often you need it one click away at any time.

Bottom:
    Don't think I've ever used one, Most seem like they should be there, though.

Documentation:
    The Q&A on the LHO page took me 5 years to find. For the more info buttons you'd need to ask a new player for their oppinion as I'm having a hard time judging what's usefull myself.

Others:
    I'd love a link to the Wikia somewhere, probably next to the forum ^^

[View announcements] [Free credits (17)]  often

non, usually out of vision so i forgot that there are links

what right bar links do you use? How often do you use them?

LHO button rarely

what documentation pages do you use? Could they be more easily accessible?

like notebook? i use all of them. nah they are fine

non

Edited by MaGoHi

• Root Admin
On 8/20/2016 at 8:03 PM, Aeoshattr said:

In the right hand interface, I find swapping from the inventory (specifically) to any other bits (like mood panel, player logs, etc) very very clunky. Seems to reload itself multiple times, I need to click "back", then select what I want, often I click too fast, it's still reloading or something and I need to do it again. Need to observe it closer to describe it better than just "clunky".

Yeah I dont like this either but Mur does...might sneak out an update ;)