My Elu doesn't consume candies and rainbow candies don't melt

Valoryn

I got my Elu on 4 December, for winning first place on Ungod's "Halloween Monsters" quest, but since then it hasn't consumed a single rainbow candy from my inventory and, as a result, hasn't produced any coloured paper either.

On a relevant note, rainbow candies don't seem to melt after the two weeks from their creation are over. I'm pretty certain some of the rainbow candies I have in my inventory were created more than two weeks ago and they are still intact.

• Root Admin

Ann. 4176 - [2016-12-24 22:42:18 - Stage 13] - Permalink - Posted By Chewett   0 likes    
Items now expire again (sorry!)
It appears Mur's "turn_to_garbage" function was ironically utter garbage. This has been stopping items expiring for a good couple of months now. Iv fixed it up and now many many many items have just expired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Root Admin
4 hours ago, No one said:

I hate to repeat myself but it seems that my Elu is starving himself.

Elucu Bration   ID: 854922

I know that in January he ... consumed. But then you fixed the other one and this one stopped feeding.

your elu is apparently tagged as a "rich elu" and isnt collecting papers apparently... Any clue why that is?

3 hours ago, Fang Archbane said:

I hate to add more to this... whatever this is, but Rainbow Candies sti'll aren't deteriorating.

I've had the, same batch of 30+ candies for a few months now.

Looks like Mur changed this a bit recently considering I found a new comment in the file 

who the **** did this mess?

I have fixed up the file now.

• Root Admin
1 minute ago, Chewett said:

your elu is apparently tagged as a "rich elu" and isnt collecting papers apparently... Any clue why that is?

Unrelated to the bug apparently.

Looks like some elu's have been modified recently, or something is breaking their config. As a note I have set every elu to have coloredpaper as their usetype. If I find any now without this set then something is definately wrong.

12 hours ago, Chewett said:

"rich elu"

don't know. bought it like this.

12 hours ago, Chewett said:

If I find any now without this set then something is definately wrong.

Can we see their config ? Or you mean to find one which doesn't consume & produce ?

• Root Admin
10 hours ago, No one said:

don't know. bought it like this.

Can we see their config ? Or you mean to find one which doesn't consume & produce ?

Rich elu is apparently the codename/whatever for that type of elu the coloured one (i think?)

• 1 year later...

To note, I have seen both my Elu eat candy and some candies melt. Pretty sure the melting took longer than the prescribed two weeks, maybe Mur changed it while hanging out at the East Pub one night! Or perhaps he and Chew had a passionate encounter at the Sunny Bedroom and bumped around the cabinet downstairs :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin
On 6/16/2018 at 5:39 PM, Pipstickz said:

To note, I have seen both my Elu eat candy and some candies melt. Pretty sure the melting took longer than the prescribed two weeks, maybe Mur changed it while hanging out at the East Pub one night! Or perhaps he and Chew had a passionate encounter at the Sunny Bedroom and bumped around the cabinet downstairs :blush:

Items are correctly expiring, Just checked.

Note the elu eating candy isnt directly related.

• Root Admin
On 6/16/2018 at 5:09 PM, Aelis said:

I have recently acquired an Elu and it seems it's not consuming candy. It's been 3 days and a couple hours and nothing so far. Is this normal?

ID: 749935

For the specific case, this is now fixed.

However there is a bug where it isnt properly being set. I will create a thread for it now.