MD 12th birthday - A quest for change

• Root Admin
On 4/15/2017 at 2:03 PM, MRWander said:

crit levels unblocked for lower mp's

Game decision, we wont be doing this for now.

On 4/15/2017 at 2:04 PM, MRWander said:

more npcs

Maybe soon, not now atm.

On 4/15/2017 at 6:19 PM, Pipstickz said:

Chain Mur to his desk and make him only accept / deny research and connections submissions (with small consulting on the side for general running MD as needed)

Slightly unethical.

On 4/16/2017 at 10:37 AM, Eagle Eye said:

Bring back the land, free the realm. Don't lock MB lands its a beautiful place to walk. Its a free land. Give freedom of that land no cost. Its a remember of a new generation coming forward, Im sure people love to free the land of MB lock after storymode change and gone. Yes, free and open the land for the people.

Not precisely sure what you mean here EE :)

7 hours ago, klatdees said:

A list of a player's last ten or twenty login times (server time), available on their player page.  I want to know when a person is likely to be around.

(Obviously a player would have an option to turn this off, probably located in options/preferences.  Maybe by default have it off.)

Too privacy invasive so Im going to reject this idea. If you want to find out when people are online, ask :)

On 4/14/2017 at 10:56 PM, Ivorak said:

Hastilude
Basic tools for aggregating combat outcomes by groups of players. Could be used for team competitions where individual statistics are only a factor of the greater outcome. Perhaps extendable for future implementations of land wars, a team heads competition, or future iterations of the torch competition. One way to do this is to have a competition moderator who can add people to a list of teams, or instead distribute pennants that mark the individual as part of one faction or another.

On 5/1/2017 at 1:13 PM, Chewett said:

Can you expand on how this would work? I dont really see an idea I can implement quickly without a much larger framework.

Yeah, on second thought this is significantly more complicated than I had realized, especially if done right. I'd be happy to expand on this in the future if you want, but the more I think about this the more out of scope it becomes (for the purpose of this topic anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if this is already a thing, or if it can or cant be done. I would love to see an auto translation to X players native RL language.  What i mean by this is if X player is from (just an example) Russia , then every thing is in Russian. Including when using live chat.

So if player X from Russia doesnt not know any other lanuage but wants to talk to player Z , and player Z is from the USA and only knows english. Some kind of auto translate for the live chat and possibly messaging system would possibly bring in more players. As of right now MD seems to be mostly English based. I think the forum may be nice to have such a feature also. 

If it was done if could be something you have to turn on, or off in the settings menu of said player.

Just a thought :) 

Of all the things around , i dont get why people gather and have in possesion thousands of all kind of resources but rarely or never use them .With all the tools and locations around , why dont u create a system like Heat Erolin ( dunno if this is the exact name ) and introduce the notion of Food /Feeding . Make tools to cultivate some resources (like  bushes ) and introduce recipes . The Feed erolin should work like the heat one , the more u walk or attack , the more it deplete (on a slower rate) . Also while basic resources like water or some fruits give ,, 5 % Feed bar ,, the more complex recipes go to full bar . Make it that way that even just walking around , u still need to eat 1 time per week .If u go under 15% u should be Unable to attack and under 5% unable to move also u need over 65 % to set 100% influence in battles   , after all , u get hungry even when u sleep or play on Pc , so as almost every thing generate heat , the same should drop Feed erolin. Just think how many roles this can create , revitalize some existing like resources  merchant  or pub owner . Have a good day and thanks for reading my ideea >)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

She should have died hereafter;
There would have been a time for such a word.
— To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.

— Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 5, lines 17-28)

(per wikipedia)

Edited by klatdees
sources are important, as are secondary sources