MD 12th birthday - A quest for change

• Root Admin

This quest is about a change that you personally want. Describe in 200 words or less something that would improve your MD by changing it in some way. This item must be something code/organisational related which must also take less than 8 hours to implement (judged by me).

Voting will be done half by forum reputation (negatives dont count) and half by my own personal opinion.

Note, ideas which I have personally postulated to you wont be eligible (considering I have already planned/considered them) If you are reiterating someone elses ideas it needs to be significantly different to count as a new idea.

Rewards: The winners idea will be implemented in MD in the next month and will be given a Anni creature. All good ideas that I will implement in the coming months will be given an Anni creature.

5 Fat → (Cooking pot) → Tallow
Allow melting down Grasan fat to tallow in a (fillable clickable) cooking pot. Tallow can then be used by another fillable clickable or an item combiner to make candles/torches (tallow + wick/fabric), soaps, pemmican, lube, or salves. Candles/torches, in particular, would be an ideal second step for illuminating potential new locations (caves, tunnels, crypts) that are generally unnavigable due to darkness.

Hastilude
Basic tools for aggregating combat outcomes by groups of players. Could be used for team competitions where individual statistics are only a factor of the greater outcome. Perhaps extendable for future implementations of land wars, a team heads competition, or future iterations of the torch competition. One way to do this is to have a competition moderator who can add people to a list of teams, or instead distribute pennants that mark the individual as part of one faction or another.

One thing that I would really like to see is an achievement for level 3 clues and why not? for upper levels (4? 5?). It would really give us an impulse to re-start the clues hunt AND maybe to use some of the wishes in the Wish Shop.

It's not a new idea but I feel it's something easy to implement and would benefit to both researchers and collectors.

I would like to see the woodcutting related tag dispatcher move from Wasp’s Totem, where its placeholder image obstructs nearly half the scene and the scene itself has nothing to do with woodcutting, to another scene like the interior of the Lore Manor, with the prospect of also seeing the placeholder replaced (at a later time) with something more subtle, like a book.

I would like the Loreroot Hidden Exit to have a second MD-Script clickable (a rock, a sapling or anything subtle that can fit the scene), so that I can use the scene for both my personal clickable quests and other quests I may be involved in, without having to pause or disable one to run the other.

Bring back the land, free the realm. Don't lock MB lands its a beautiful place to walk. Its a free land. Give freedom of that land no cost. Its a remember of a new generation coming forward, Im sure people love to free the land of MB lock after storymode change and gone. Yes, free and open the land for the people.

Make alliance invitations automated by creating clickie quests or hard-coded requirements for entry (also remove the loyalty leader's ability to kick people, leave that power in the monarch's hands, lands without active monarchs - too bad, get organized!)

Start with GotR, KoB, NS and GG as proof of concept, then expand to smaller guilds if it works

• 2 weeks later...

A list of a player's last ten or twenty login times (server time), available on their player page.  I want to know when a person is likely to be around.

(Obviously a player would have an option to turn this off, probably located in options/preferences.  Maybe by default have it off.)

Edited by klatdees
human dignity, the right to privacy

A text-to-speech option for Live Chat.  (beep, pause a second, then read.)

(check for messages from drunk/silvertongue and either don't read them or read them unaltered.)

Edited by klatdees
no reason, but just saying that text-to-speech is waaay better than it used to be, and i use it a lot

• Root Admin
On 4/15/2017 at 1:48 AM, Eon said:

Reset the game and send everyone who hated me in the past an email letting them know the game has been reset. I feel like people would be excited to be on an even playing field again. Rivalries make a game exciting, I miss my enemies.

This one is rejected since we dont want to reset, but I am open to ideas how to even the playing field, I have been considering logs to solve all the problems (stats scaling logarithmicly)

• Root Admin
On 4/15/2017 at 3:56 AM, Ivorak said:

Hastilude
Basic tools for aggregating combat outcomes by groups of players. Could be used for team competitions where individual statistics are only a factor of the greater outcome. Perhaps extendable for future implementations of land wars, a team heads competition, or future iterations of the torch competition. One way to do this is to have a competition moderator who can add people to a list of teams, or instead distribute pennants that mark the individual as part of one faction or another.

Can you expand on how this would work? I dont really see an idea I can implement quickly without a much larger framework.

• Root Admin
On 4/15/2017 at 9:21 AM, Ledah said:

This has already been mentioned but I really want to see it happen. A way to flag creatures so you can't sac them but still see their rewards at altars.

Already planned but I hope to do this in the future/soon.