Chat fight messages

Pipstickz

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, Pipstickz said:
: Pipstickz gutted Ungod
: Pipstickz thrashed *Sunfire*
: Pipstickz cut in pieces Bathsha
: Pipstickz BFH the WHITE

As you can see in the fourth entry, one of the wins in the new chat messages for fights is empty.

Thanks I will have a look at that

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Syrian said:

can we just remove this feature? i don't think it serves a positive purpose and just makes it hard to have conversations over long periods of time. especially since a fair number of us no longer have sound so we cant hear when a reply has being posted 

The sound issue I found the problem I just need to spend a bit of time working a solution, it’s because browsers have changed something and are blocking the flash we used for sounds.

On a related note if you don’t like the feature do you want to suggest a way of making it play nicer, maybe a feature to hide it?

7 hours ago, Chewett said:

The sound issue I found the problem I just need to spend a bit of time working a solution, it’s because browsers have changed something and are blocking the flash we used for sounds.

On a related note if you don’t like the feature do you want to suggest a way of making it play nicer, maybe a feature to hide it?

a way to toggle the feature would be nice, maybe a button similar to the OOC chat button, where it would be off by default so chat would behave as it used to, without the fight messages. then once toggled on it showed the last 14 fight messages in the chat. my idea is a little hard to explain so i made a quick example, on the left would be no fight chat toggled, on the right would be with it toggled on, essentially being a "full" chat. though if there were 14 messages from players then it would show 14 messages on the left instead.

it would mean however that MD chat needs to be able to process/remember 28 lines (14 from players 14 from fights) and process accordingly. on the left it would display just the 14 from players, on the right it would display the full list of 28, but be limited by chat size, and only displayy the 14 most recent of the combination of players and fight chats

fightchat.png

Edited by Syrian

9 hours ago, Chewett said:

if this is fixed then i have even more reason why the fight chat should be removed, the constant beeping would be far too much

• Root Admin
7 hours ago, Syrian said:

if this is fixed then i have even more reason why the fight chat should be removed, the constant beeping would be far too much

The fight chat could be sent not to ping, or if you were in hide fights mode for example

• Root Admin
On 12/29/2017 at 11:59 PM, Pipstickz said:
: Pipstickz gutted Ungod
: Pipstickz thrashed *Sunfire*
: Pipstickz cut in pieces Bathsha
: Pipstickz BFH the WHITE

As you can see in the fourth entry, one of the wins in the new chat messages for fights is empty.

This has been fixed.

https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/4379

Edited by Chewett