Caretaking your heads!

Ok, there will be a wishpoint offered for each mind power level 3, 4 and 5 in the event that they reach six participants, not just the first mind power level to do so. Limit once.

Dead players are allowed to participate, reason being I am not going to disqualify a player who signs up alive and happens to be killed during the contest. Signing up dead is no different. While there is some advantages to being dead, there are also massive disadvantages to remaining dead, if one worries of losing to a dead player then perhaps they should take the precautions necessary to not lose.

An mp7 may sign up as well, I will start an mp7 contest if there are three mp7s signing up. Otherwise it may be best for those mp7s to participate on mp5 instead.While there may be an advantage in that mp7s could take heads of a lower (or higher?) mindpower level, they may also be taken from. The only thing I feel could be an issue is players that can go mp6 at will, as mp6 is unattackable by other mindpower levels normally. In that case I would hope (or even require) such players, if willing to participate, would stay mp5 for the duration of the contest, or mp6 if there were an mp6 contest.

Remember, heads contest is unfair :P

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Mallos said:

An mp7 may sign up as well, I will start an mp7 contest if there are three mp7s signing up. Otherwise it may be best for those mp7s to participate on mp5 instead.While there may be an advantage in that mp7s could take heads of a lower (or higher?) mindpower level, they may also be taken from. The only thing I feel could be an issue is players that can go mp6 at will, as mp6 is unattackable by other mindpower levels normally. In that case I would hope (or even require) such players, if willing to participate, would stay mp5 for the duration of the contest, or mp6 if there were an mp6 contest.

No MP7 players will be signing up because they are only to be using their MP7 stones for gateway work. So no concern there :)

Same goes for, at the moment, MP6. Anyone using their stones to go MP6 will be frowned at by me. Anyone who legitimately goes MP6 then ball is in your court Mallos.

In that case there should be little to worry about. I only take issue in the ability to at whim gain unattackable status, for example getting heads and instantly going mp6 to avoid losing them, and then being able to drop and gain heads again, repeat. I feel gaining mp6 legitimately would be ok, they may not be able to choose when exactly to ascend or drop and it would be difficult to use it to your advantage. To some degree there is an issue with Gateway Island inhabitants participating if they could also use the ability to warp back to Gateway, something nobody would be able to pursue, by the same logic these players would be requested to remain on the mainlands. Although I feel these players are somewhat unlikely to sign up and using that ability could be frowned upon.

At any rate, we have 2 participants for mp5 currently. 4 more are needed for awesome rewards!

• Root Admin
18 hours ago, Mallos said:

To some degree there is an issue with Gateway Island inhabitants participating if they could also use the ability to warp back to Gateway, something nobody would be able to pursue, by the same logic these players would be requested to remain on the mainlands.

I think that request is a fair one, and I hope one that if the gateway people wanted to participate, would agree to.

• Root Admin
On 05/03/2018 at 11:18 PM, Chewett said:

No MP7 players will be signing up because they are only to be using their MP7 stones for gateway work. So no concern there :)

Please note that at this point I was under the impression the only people with MP7 for the foreseeable future would be gateway people. This may no longer be true depending what I decide and tell Mur so the caveat here is, for those, I have given it myself.

This month's contest has ended and Ledah has won after returning 3 heads! Congrats Ledah. The point totals for this contest was as follows:

Ledah - 216
Aia del Mana - 180
Fang Archbane - 108
Pipstickz - 108

I am changing the scoring process to hopefully emphasize a bit more activity (fighting) required to be able to win. Points per head given = 12, points per head returned = 24 (both down from 36). In light of this change and applying it to previous contests the overall point totals are as follows:

Aia del Mana - 337
Ledah - 108
Fang Archbane - 72
Pipstickz - 72
Nepgear - 36

Signups for the next contest are welcome as always. I am going to reduce the amount of players required for the extra rewards to 5! That is, a wishpoint (one for mp3/mp4/mp5 upon reaching 5 signups) and a swordsman creature (to the first mindpower to hit 5 signups) to the winner of the contest. Two gold coins will be given to the winner of each mindpower level, unless there is 5 signups for a mindpower level in which case it will be given to second place. I will give an assortment of herbs to the winner of mp5.