A fugitive contestant

Duke of Malfi

Seems there's a fugitive taking part in heads contest.
Now I know it's an unfair contest but... that's really no contest, now, is it?
I mean, I can't attack him, but he can attack me... as in skill damage attack, I gather, and take my heads...
I'm not really interested in grabbing him and sending him back in jail... I don't even know him... It's his new role... no problem with that.
Can he claim a place in this contest?
This ever happened before?

i dont see a reason why fugitive cant be attacked, so that should get changed, and allow ppl to attack him, otherwise i dont see a problem in fugitives in hc as long as they can be attacked

perhaps he cant be attacked for particular reason so that ppl would want to grab him :D idk

but then again if ppl grab him and he gets in jail again, wouldnt he then still have heads and continue to gather points?

Edited by Liberty4life

Again, I don't want to "stop" him at any cost.

He/she chose to be a fugitive. I don't see why I'd have to influence someone else's character/status in such a way for a contest to actually be a contest. A contest involves several parties [b]competing[/b]. Who can compete with a non-attackable player? Not to mention Seigheart's input!...

And what if he ended up in jail or was "stopped" in any other way? Wouldn't his (pretty good) score be still there on the board, perhaps messing up other people' s attempts to win this?

Echoing Liberty, I fail to see the reason why a fugitive can accumulate heads in this contest, in the first place.
He or she can't be attacked! Could it be that the game may have overlooked something here?

So... anything like this ever happened before?

Edited by Duke of Malfi

There is a precedent where a player was unattackable and won the first boss heads comp... I believe it was Yoshi, who was mp3 or 4 at the time and all the other contestants were mp5.

But that doesn't matter, I was told I wasn't allowed to participate because I couldn't be attacked. This person can't be attacked... So... He shouldn't be allowed to participate.

Closest ive seen to it so far is carrying over heads from a perivious heads contest to the next one. I believe that was answered by simply removing the heads in order get him to start over at zero. In this case I beleve the equivilent should work but noted that he is unattackable my view would be jail him for the duration of the contest which will be one to three days now not long. After that if he is still unattackable look into the possibility of bug abuse a simple one time bug or actually part of his role. I mean you gave your self the answer if you find a fugitive and you capture him alive what do you do you lock them up again. Make him live up to his role.

yeah i agree with that, but if ya lock him up he will still have heads and continue to accumulate them periodically and also his score will go up, and ofc... there is possibility he could get out during hc again so... this is very interesting issue thats needs to get attention and be solved asap in one way or another

[quote : "[color=#CCCCCC]Ann. 1966 - 2011-08-09 06:21:31 - Stage 10[/color]" ]Grabbed fugitives become agitated and highly dangerous (do increased skilldamage when attacking and cant be attacked back)[/quote]

[i][color=#808080]I thought un-grabbed fugitives can be attacked. Can't they?[/color][/i]

Edited by Shemhazaj

He's a... bug. :P He should probably not be allowed to be able to take heads or even gain new ones. If you send him to jail he will get heads but I am pretty sure he'll not be able to gain enough to actually be a threat for an active competitor.
To have this fixed, you need to report it. So maybe the bug section is more appropriated. Also for MAYBE (yeah...maybe) a faster solution an e-mail to contact would do the trick.

FYI: in the past there was a bug that did not let you get the heads from the players who had no crits :D Same thing with the difference that at least you had an attack button to try :D

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1328043137' post='103004']
There is a precedent where a player was unattackable and won the first boss heads comp... I believe it was Yoshi, who was mp3 or 4 at the time and all the other contestants were mp5.

But that doesn't matter, I was told I wasn't allowed to participate because I couldn't be attacked. This person can't be attacked... So... He shouldn't be allowed to participate.
[/quote]
This is regular HC, not BHC. Eon chose to keep you out of BHC, but he has no say in who participates in the regular contest