Caretaking your heads!

Hello, I will be attempting to run a Heads Contest each month starting on the first (12th) day of tranquility and ending on the second (24th) day of tranquility. All participants must apply here in this thread by stating your playername, ID and mind power level. After doing so, if there is at least 3 players in your mp level, the contest will start for that mp level on the first (12) day of tranquility and all participants will be given an amount of heads. These heads must be returned on the second (24th) day of tranquility of that month.

How to turn in your heads for the contest: Basically come find me at the GoE throughout the day.

Returning: Come to the Gazebo of Equilibrium or nearby scenes on the second (24th) day of tranquility and attempt to find me and deliver the heads to me. I will attempt to remain online (or idle) throughout that day to accommodate those who wish to return the heads to me. In the event that I am absent that day for any reason then a screenshot showing how many heads you held will be sufficient proof as returned heads. If this occurs I will announce it after the contest, otherwise do find me. Anyone can return heads for points regardless of signup.

You can return the heads to me by typing the chat command *gives # heads to Mallos* while in the same scene as me. You must be able to show you returned the heads to me, detailed below.

When the contest ends send me a pm here on the forum with screenshots showing me a few things:
1. Server time
2. Heads count returned in the form of a chat message or onscreen prompt showing how many heads were given (try to give in specific numbers instead of all)
3. Triggers box with your name or ID triggering a burst, while showing you were in possession of heads at the time (bonus part of scoring process, must be done on separate days and only 3 per contest)

Please refrain from any doctoring of the photo beyond cropping certain areas to show the required information, all screenshots can be posted either here on this thread or preferably by pm to me. Example-

headscontest.thumb.jpg.7303b0735209fe0fe1918b0fa5dd40bc.jpg

Scoring: Essentially the more heads you return the better, and showing that you trigger a burst during the contest will earn bonus points up to 3 times each contest. Signing up gives a bonus to your score.

12 points for each head given initially
24 points for each head returned (anyone can return heads)
1 point for each excessive head returned (heads beyond the total given out in the round; generated)
Burst combos give 36 points (3 per contest, must be done on separate days, submit screenshot showing date/burst in triggers/heads count, 0 heads doesn't count for points) = up to 108 points

Rewards: For each contest the winner keeps 36% of heads returned by them in that round (rounding up) - everyone else returning heads keeps 1

Extra rewards to be specified in further posts.

Good luck and if there are any questions/concerns/comments/suggestions/etc I can answer them here as I keep this contest updated.

Edited by Mallos
revisions and clarifications

5 hours ago, Mallos said:

Rewards: For each contest the winner keeps 36% of heads returned by them in that round (rounding up) - everyone else returning heads keeps 1

Extra rewards (pending):
For first place mp5, 5 silver and a colored Joker! ID: 846320 Stored Heat     769404 Age     770
For  first place mp4, 5 silver an assortment of herbs!
For first place mp3, 5 silver

Don't forget the rewards I said I would sponsor 

Yes Blackshade Rider is going to sponsor a wishpoint! The winner from the first MP level to get 6 participants will be rewarded the WP.

I should mention that you do not have to sign up to participate in this contest, only return heads at the end, but signing up is required to start the contest and for heads to be distributed (plus you get extra points so it is advised).

• 2 weeks later...

This contest is ending in a  few hours, on the 24th. I will be at the Gazebo of Equilibrium or very closeby (hopefully) the whole day in order to allow players to return the heads to me. This can be done with the simple chat command *gives all heads to Mallos* while you are in the scene with me. Make sure to provide me with proof of you returning the heads and the amount, or I may not be able to tell who gave me what and thus you won't get any points. I will, after the contest has concluded, return any winnings of heads to the players who return them to me (detailed in my first posts rewards section).

As a side note, I will refrain from attacking and taking heads from any player who does get rewarded heads in this way at least until the next head contest has ended, as an act of good faith for the participants. The rest of you are fair game >.>

Also, I gave 3 heads per participant because of the way I set up the scoring system, it emphasizes a sort of balance between the three ways to get points that if I gave more I would need to change the scoring a bit, mostly the burst points bonus. Also I felt the idea is if you take all the heads of another participant you end up with 6, and can no longer hide in sanctuaries, flagging you as a sort of bandit perhaps. The low amount of heads given also allows for a player to lose but remain with 1 head, still having some possibility of gaining points. By contrast if using a high amount of heads, and such player was able to win battles but not gain a victory, it would be much more difficult for this player to gain a sufficient amount of points to stay in the contest by only gaining 2 heads each battle, against someone who has well over 50 heads or similar large amounts. I might increase the amount of heads given at the beginning to 6 though, opinions are welcome

Considering the heads from this round came from a previously collected amount, I will be returning them to that collection. Further contests I will be generating the heads that I give to start the contest, and any heads that get returned to me at the end and are not rewarded to the winners will be disintegrated. I figure any heads that are not returned will stay in the realm though.

The next contest starts in about a week from now. Signups are welcome as always and 3 are needed to start the contest for a specific mindpower level.

The rewards this time around are 2 gold to the winner of each MP level along with the head count reward. The first MP level to reach 6 signups will be eligible for the wishpoint for first place. I will also give an assortment of herbs to the winner for mp5.

Lashtal is going to sponsor a Swordsman creature! This will be given to the winner of the first mind power level to reach 6 participants.

In the event we do get 6 players to sign up I am going to put the 2 gold reward as the second place prize for that MP level. Assuming (as it is most likely) mp5 meets that requirement then the rewards will look like this:

MP5:
1st place - Wishpoint, Swordsman and an assortment of herbs
2nd place - 2 gold coins
MP4:
1st place - 2 gold coins
MP3:
1st place - 2 gold coins

I can now spawn the heads onto players to start the contest, so being there on the 12th is no longer required. Being there on the 24th is still required to turn in the heads to me as it is part of the scoring process and shows you definitively chose to use those heads as part of your score. I will attempt to be around at the GoE all day long on the 24th so you can return the heads to me at your leisure. Further details about the contest in the original post.

4 hours ago, Mallos said:

MP5:
1st place - Wishpoint, Swordsman and an assortment of herbs
2nd place - 2 gold coins
MP4:
1st place - 2 gold coins
MP3:
1st place - 2 gold coins

If each mp level reaches 6 players I will sponsor 1 wp for each mp level, not just mp5. However i do agree that it's more likely to happen with mp5 before any other mp level

And the critter up for grabs makes me want to participate also ????

2 hours ago, Blackshade Rider said:

Are you not still dead? If so I don't find it fair since people can't attack dead players. 

I am still dead, but it is a double sided sword. I can not be attacked but i can also not attack. I feel this keeps my application valid. Call it a strange strategy if you will.

37 minutes ago, Fang Archbane said:

I am still dead, but it is a double sided sword. I can not be attacked but i can also not attack. I feel this keeps my application valid. Call it a strange strategy if you will.

If you can not attack and nobody can attack you , what's the point to entering a fighting contest? If you can not fight or be attacked then imo, this is not the contest for you (a dead player). 

To be honest because of this, I feel dead players shouldn't be able to participate in a fighting contest, as even two dead players still can not attack one another. 

I vote to ban dead players from fighting contests like this one due to these reasons below

1. They can not fight

2. They can not be fought/attacked

3. They can not recruit creatures

4. They are constantly recalled to the graveyard so this means they can not sit in a place long enough for players to attack them. 

5. All reasons said above create a 100% unfair advantage for both the dead , and alive players, and waste alive players time in a contest of this sort

34 minutes ago, Fang Archbane said:

The point, is that I can still play other vital support roles as well as win if i so desired it. If being the key word.

Since you're voting to have dead players banned from fighting contests, I guess we'll have @Chewett decide.

Actually the organizer of the contest can decide the rules, Chewett doesn't need to be bothered with that.

Perhaps we should allow Azull to compete. As an MP7 he can fight with any MP lvls when he chooses to and can't be attacked if he doesn't want to. But surely he can still still play other vital support roles as well as win if he so desired it ;)

Edited by Shemhazaj
clarification

28 minutes ago, Shemhazaj said:

Actually the organizer of the contest can decide the rules, Chewett doesn't need to be bothered with that.

Perhaps we should allow Azull to compete. As an MP7 he can fight with any MP lvls when he chooses to and can't be attacked if he doesn't want to. But surely he can still still play other vital support roles as well as win if he so desired it ;)

I would say the same

41 minutes ago, Shemhazaj said:

Your information is only half right. Firstly, as an MP7 he can go mostly unattackable once and when he drops that illusion hell drop to MP5 till he's manually bumped to MP7 again if ever. I say mostly because Mirror Ritual would make that illusion worthless.

Secondly, if he misuses MP7 it can get taken away. If I misuse being Dead, what would happen, I'd get... revived? I am a free spirit, it is part of being Pure Dead. I'm chained yet free. An alpha wolf walking a lonely road that is both and neither. 

But sure, lets let the organizer decide. I'll go with whatever his verdict is. I could care less either way, as my role was mainly support in the end.

Edited by Fang Archbane

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, Fang Archbane said:

The point, is that I can still play other vital support roles as well as win if i so desired it. If being the key word.

Since you're voting to have dead players banned from fighting contests, I guess we'll have @Chewett decide.

Its up to the organisor, unless I decide to step in for a good reason.

1 hour ago, Fang Archbane said:

But sure, lets let the organizer decide. I'll go with whatever his verdict is. I could care less either way, as my role was mainly support in the end.

I think, given you no one can take the heads from you, asking to participate is poor taste since they cant participate with you.

If you want to help out then do it without being in the contest.

I believe the Contest of Heads has always been one not only of combat, but also of diplomacy and intrigue. If one hadst cared to observe the result of the first contest that Mallos had begun - one mightst note that despite Fang's death, I had still been able to obtain his heads, to return upon the final day.

If one doth look at the contest as more than merely one of combat, then mayhap, the role of one as Fang, or Azull, may add further dimension to the contest.

After all, I do believe that Mur did announce the Contest of Heads with the line - "remember, the heads contest is UNFAIR :)"