What can I do?

Poppi Chullo

Greetings all,

I've just been back active for almost a week now, since then I settled in Gates of Ages while occasionally taking a walk around No Mans Land and stopped at Paper Cabin for a while. I waited there, in case there were new players coming, but sadly, none of them came.

I missed greeting new players, answering their questions, encouraging them. If I can add it, I miss the moment when I become a staff at Sparring Ground, helping all the new players. I understand that over time things will change, some come and go, but it seems like there are so many who leave but hardly anyone comes. Can anyone explain why? I'm sure there must be a way to solve this problem. How can i help? What can i do? Watching this and doing nothing, as if I was helping to kill this realm slowly.

One thing about those who decided to leave, based on my experience, I no longer have much time and ability to sit for long in front of the monitor and play, which is why I stopped long enough from MD. Now I play through my cellphone / gadget, that's why now I can always be online and active. I think that's one of the many problems that other veterans feel. They are not bored, they just do not have time as before.

I love this game, no matter how long and far I go, I always miss this place, miss all my old friends, I keep coming back.

I'm writing this because I'm sad, that's all.

-Popp

I cannot but think that one who doth enter the realm anew presently should do so only through the Island of the Gateway, where they do remain until one may be declared victorious of heads, or deserving of a ride upon yonder Hot-air Balloon.

I must wonder how many of them remain upon the Island evermore, that never do see the walls of the Paper Cabin.

1 hour ago, Poppi Chulloz said:

Greetings all,

I've just been back active for almost a week now, since then I settled in Gates of Ages while occasionally taking a walk around No Mans Land and stopped at Paper Cabin for a while. I waited there, in case there were new players coming, but sadly, none of them came.

I missed greeting new players, answering their questions, encouraging them. If I can add it, I miss the moment when I become a staff at Sparring Ground, helping all the new players. I understand that over time things will change, some come and go, but it seems like there are so many who leave but hardly anyone comes. Can anyone explain why? I'm sure there must be a way to solve this problem. How can i help? What can i do? Watching this and doing nothing, as if I was helping to kill this realm slowly.

One thing about those who decided to leave, based on my experience, I no longer have much time and ability to sit for long in front of the monitor and play, which is why I stopped long enough from MD. Now I play through my cellphone / gadget, that's why now I can always be online and active. I think that's one of the many problems that other veterans feel. They are not bored, they just do not have time as before.

I love this game, no matter how long and far I go, I always miss this place, miss all my old friends, I keep coming back.

I'm writing this because I'm sad, that's all.

-Popp

Well new players no longer start at the paper cabin. They now start on gateway island. We have been getting new players. Gateway just works differently than the mainland. Its more of a purgatory state for new players so us guardians/gateway keepers can monitor and help then as needed. 

I would say you may ask chew about becoming a gateway guardian if you wish to help with new players that much. There were 4 of us guardians but sadly I have not seen klawdees in a long time. 

You can also find us guardians sometimes bringing new players to the mainland, sometimes they are able to find a way themselves. This is also another way for you to help them , when they are brought to the mainland. New players can be seen with gateway island citizenship. Though ive seen a few able to make it into a land and even one made it into an alliance. 

7 minutes ago, Blackshade Rider said:

Well new players no longer start at the paper cabin. They now start on gateway island. We have been getting new players. Gateway just works differently than the mainland. Its more of a purgatory state for new players so us guardians/gateway keepers can monitor and help then as needed. 

So all this time i'm just waiting for something that will never come. Haha. Forgive me.

3 minutes ago, Poppi Chulloz said:

So all this time i'm just waiting for something that will never come. Haha. Forgive me.

Well your waiting for something that will come, just in the wrong spot ;)

Like I said if you are that interested in helping new players speak to chew about being a possible guardian. Or wait until us guardians bring the players, or if a player manages to make it themselves. 

All in all the worst that could be said is no, but in any case us guardains do enjoy having help when we bring them to the mainland. It can make our job a bit easier. 

I have a policy of trying to talk to every new and returning player that I come across, to try and convince them to stick around (I did it to you Poppi!), so at least they don't leave because "nobody noticed/cares about me". It can have a huge impact on the realm as a whole, and it can be kind of fun. You can tell new players by their Gateway Island citizenship, they're always interesting to talk to, even if they're alts.

If you wanted to be a Gateway Guardian it could be rather helpful, as there's only one guardian from the other side of the world (from me, I'm referring to timezone concerns) at the moment. It's a nice island vacation, but...you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave! :P