Design and construct new sacrificial fenth altar

First things first, the reward:

A wishpoint for whoever can design and build a working fenth altar

Secondly the timeframe::

This quest expires the moment the currently existing fenth altars become functional again.

Thirdly, some questions you might want to consider:

• What does a fenth altar need to work?
  • What do all of the existing fenth altars have in common?
  • What are their most important differences?
  • What thing the other fenth altars all have would this one need to lack in order to work while the others do not?
  • Where is the best place to build it?
  • Would a fenth altar that works when the others do not be able to satisfy all of the things I want out of it?
  • Which things might it not be able to do?

Next up, some things I want to see people doing which I'll try to reward if I can:

• Freely sharing thoughts and ideas on how this can be accomplished
  • Incomplete designs that won't work but might be on the right track
  • Open discussion of what resources would be needed to construct a fenth altar

A (probably incomplete, probably overfilled) list of things I want the working fenth altar to do:

• Allow me to sacrifice creatures
  • Give me heat when sacrificing creatures
  • Give me stats when sacrificing creatures (that includes temporary vp/ve)
  • Reduce my profile heat when sacrificing creatures
  • Produce fenths for others to harvest when sacrificing creatures
  • Give me principles when sacrificing creatures
  • Consume action points when sacrificing creatures

It seemeth that the Altars did cease to function following the sacrifices of many, and the summoning of the Little Old Man.

My thoughts upon the matter were so:

While I cannot purport to know aught of Altars, I had always thought that they did take of the sacrifice, return their heat to the land, and then the land should return to the officiant that of equal measure, in magical principles. I do believe it must be of the land that doth give return, for the principles that do return were of the land's character. This were the first observation - that the principles returned were in proportion to the heat upon the creature, and the character of them dependent upon the land. As the land were great in size compared to its Altars, one must think that the heat were distributed throughout the land, mayhap, through its veins of heat, and then magic principles should return along them to the officiant.

Of the body of the sacrifice, the Altar should take of it and return strength - whether vitality, value, attack, power, or other statistic. As this doth vary with how the creature had performed; one may gain of greater statistic with greater victories, or age, or tokens - that which doth strengthen the body of the creature. This were the second observation - that the statistic returned were dictated of the advancement of the creature, in victories, age, and form. As this doth differ not with change of Altar, one mayst derive that it were not of the land, and heat veins would not need use - the Altar may simply transmute of the body and return it thus.

Of the Fenths returned - this changeth not with victories, nor were it so of heat - it seemeth a constant measure, and this were the third observation. If it were the essence of life, then a single life should yield a single fenth.

A fourth observation: all altars did cease to function in synchronicity, which doth suggest that the same problem doth afflict of all of them. Of the above observations, only the first doth require a land tether.

I cannot but think the concern doth lie in the first observation, and of the fourth - the Altars may require of heat veins to function. If it were so, then one couldst suppose that an Altar that doth not produce of magical principles, and that returneth not of heat, should function although the heat veins do not.

How may it be so? Such an Altar must not be of the land, then. Of how this condition may be satisfied? Surely, an Altar that doth float freely, or mayhap, one that were upon a land without heat.

I shall create of such an Altar in the coming days.

9 hours ago, Aia del Mana said:

Of the Fenths returned - this changeth not with victories, nor were it so of heat - it seemeth a constant measure, and this were the third observation. If it were the essence of life, then a single life should yield a single fenth.

are you sure? i've had creatures dropping more fenth than usual so it doesnt seem to be constant at all

9 hours ago, Aia del Mana said:

I cannot but think the concern doth lie in the first observation, and of the fourth - the Altars may require of heat veins to function. If it were so, then one couldst suppose that an Altar that doth not produce of magical principles, and that returneth not of heat, should function although the heat veins do not.

i'm not sure if i understan you there, are you saying that the heat veins are broken? if so you can test that with the toy skateboard or whatever it is called to surf on the heat veins, if this doesnt work you would have a point

also creatures are a part of yourself, bound/chained to your soul or something along the words, so sacrificing a creature means you sacrifice a part of yourself

then a fenth is said to be " Primordial formations that store elemental bricks of information. Fenths are the "stem cells" of reality. " that means it can be anything since everything is made out of it, furthermore this is supported by the fact that you can use fenths when you are missing resources.

so if we go by that logic and we sacrifice a creature the material it was made out of doesnt just disappear but looses the shape and returns to its basic form, fenths. while the principles and statboosts you get stem from the connection you had with that creature, i guess you could imagine it as a string connected at two points and you cut it in the center, each side will have some of the string left, which would be the principles and stat boosts you get

correct me if i'm wrong

• 3 weeks later...

Reality coagulators, heatjar, (something razor [z has it allows you to hurt creatures and reduces your heat]), tribunal because its of the 4 lands but apart from them,

wiiyia to make it solid

lacking getting the razor i would try to use an oblivion ritual to bind them together (the same as the razor but shop item under the power ups section)

come on people make one lets get it going so i can sac my shit and log out for the last time

A brief explanation of this concept, as it were, and a sketch below. I am no @Sashimi - so one may have to use of imagination.

Above, it were cloud-form of aether, anchored not to the land, yet, its form doth culminate in blades that may pierce of the sacrifice.
Below, it were as a floating orb - that similar to that which one may recruit of creatures. From it doth arise a single point. Betwixt this, and the blades of aether, one may place of the creature to be returned to thyself.

Do note that neither the orb, nor the cloud, were tied to the land, although it should be anchored in place by the pull of the swirling water-form, drawn into a thin vapour. This were important that one may dissipate of the heat obtained of the sacrifice - as this were not of land, it cannot return that which were of heat, and this were indeed its purpose.

IMG_0099.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This question has been on my mind all day since with the altars being dysfunctional, I'm kinda stuck with a forest of trees :D 

Anyway, let me think this over step-by-step. 

First off, to the best of my knowledge, a fenth altar is a device that "decomposes" the creature back to its original form, after which the owner gets all of the energy and knowledge of the creature: heat, fenths, stats, and magic principles depending on which altar you used. 

Reading the adventure log, we know that the altars are now somehow connected ("...reunited the bonds that once bound each alter together"). And recently, their energy is being channeled elsewhere ("...the shades begun to channel the energy from the alter in Necrovion ...). 

In my opinion, the interesting part here is the implication that in the past the altars have been connected like this. 

Was being connected their original state, and they somehow got torn apart later? Or, is it simply implying that such an event (the altars getting connected) has happened before? 

From the way it is worded my guess is the former. Either way, we can conclude that the altars being connected to each other isn't a requirement for them to work (they did just fine before), in fact the whole reason the shades were able to mess with them like this is said connection. 

Therefore, for an altar to work under the current conditions, it would have to be built in a way that it is impossible to connect to the others - kinda how Aia has suggested above, although I'm not entirely sure about the heat vein explanation. 

That being said, the heat vein theory could be confirmed if we did a bit of digging around the currently existing altars. My guess is that IF they are indeed connected to heat veins, they should have parts that go way underground. Assuming that the heat veins are way below the surface.

If heat veins were close to the surface, altars could have been built anywhere. But, their placement seems to have some pattern. 

From what I saw, they are always built on flat land, never on mountains. So, close to ground level.

And the biggest giveaway is Golemus, which mainly consists of mountains, yet the altar is built on a shore of all places, inside a cave. 

This makes me think that making our new altar float may not be enough in itself (what if heat just get "sucked down" into the veins if they are close enough), but we should make effort to build it on the highest point available. 

Of course, this is all assuming that the altars are indeed connected by some kind of underground energy network. If they are connected by other means, like telepathically, or maybe on another plane of existence, we will have a harder time stopping the connection on the existing ones, but on the other hand, if we build a new one it is very unlikely that it will be "plugged in" to the network just by the fact that it is an altar. 

As for how it should look, it doesn't seem to matter that much. All of them seem to have some place where you can "place" the creature, and a form of killing mechanism. As long as we have those, it should work in my opinion. 

Well, that's enough brainstorming for now.